Akhiyan Hadi Susanto, Widodo, Mohammad Saifur Rohman, Didik Huswo Utomo and Mifetika Lukitasari
transcriptional activity of the gene. The promoter is the center for regulation of gene transcription because it contains numerous transcription factor-binding sites [ 4 ].
Several SNPs in the promoter of the angiotensinogen gene ( AGT ) have also been implicated in the pathogenesis of high blood pressure, including those at nucleotides –6, –20, –217, –517, and –792 [ 5 , 6 ]. Human AGT , which is an important component of the renin–angiotensin system (RAS), is located on chromosome 1 (1q42–q43) and comprises 5 exons [ 7 ]. Angiotensinogen ( AGT ) is an important substrate
Paulina Pidikova, Pavel Svitok and Iveta Herichova
Iwai M, Horiuchi M. Devil and angel in the renin-angiotensin system: ACE-angiotensin II-AT1 receptor axis vs. ACE2-angiotensin-(1-7)-Mas receptor axis. Hypertens Res 32, 533–536, 2009.
Kammerl MC, Richthammer W, Kurtz A, Kramer BK. Angiotensin II feedback is a regulator of renocortical renin, COX-2, and nNOS expression. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 282, 1613–1617, 2002.
Kobori H, Harrison-Bernard LM, Navar LG. Expression of angiotensinogen mRNA and protein in angiotensin II-dependent hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol 12, 431–439, 2001
Mădălina Anciuc, Florin Tripon, George-Andrei Crauciuc, Simona Mocan and Anca Negovan
-Pantoja A, Mejía-Pérez SI, Reynoso-Noverón N, Gómez-Flores-Ramos L, Soto-Reyes E, Sánchez-Correa TE, et al. Angiotensinogen rs5050 germline genetic variant as potential biomarker of poor prognosis in astrocytoma. PLoS One. 2018 Nov 1;13(11):e0206590; DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0206590
13. Lanza FL, Collaku A, Liu DJ. Endoscopic comparison of gastroduodenal injury with over-the-counter doses of new fast-dissolving ibuprofen and paracetamol formulations: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 4-way crossover clinical trial. Clin Exp Gastroenterol. 2018 Apr;11:169-77; DOI
Rodica Togănel, Iolanda Muntean, Carmen Duicu, Amalia Făgărăşan, Liliana Gozar and Claudia Bănescu
the migration of cultured vascular smooth muscle cells. Circ. Res. 1996; 78(2):225-230.
11. Garg UC, Hassid A. Nitric oxide-generating vasodilators and 8-bromo-cyclic guanosine monophosphate inhibit mitogenesis and proliferation of cultured rat vascular smooth muscle cells. J Clin Invest. 1989; 83(5):1774-1777.
12. Say YH, Ling KH, Duraisamy G, Isaac S, Rosli R. Angiotensinogen M235T gene variants and its association with essential hypertension and plasma renin activity in Malaysian subjects: A case control study. BMC Cardiovascular
Samia Abd El-Moneim Ebied, Nadia Aly Sadek, Nadia El-Sayed Zaki, Samir Ali Abd El- Kaream and Heba Khafagui Ahmed El Kashif
primarily via angiotensinogen, angiotensin I (Ang I), and Ang II. The enzyme renin converts angiotensinogen to the decapeptide Ang I, which is transformed into the octapeptide Ang II by the exopeptidase angiotensin I-converting enzyme (ACE) [ 4 ]. Components of RAS are expressed in several adult organs including the liver, kidney, pancreas, brain and reproductive organs. It is the paracine mechanisms of locally expressed RAS, not in its circulating counterpart, that appear important for tumourigenesis [ 5 , 6 ]. Ang II is the main effector of the RAS and it alternatively
Kalina Gjorgjievska, Maja Slaninka-Miceska and Gordana Petrusevska
, Cumin F, et al. Aliskiren, a novel, orally effective renin inhibitor, lowers blood pressure in marmosets and spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Hypertens. 2005;23:417-26.
Ganten D, Wagner J, Zeh K, et al. Species specificity of renin kinetics in transgenic rats harboring the human renin and angiotensinogen genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1992;89:7806-10.
Fukamizu A, Sugimura K, Takimoto E, et al. Chimeric reninangiotensin system demonstrates sustained increase in blood pressure of transgenic mice carrying both human
T Tupitsina, P Slominsky, Y Yufereva, N Perova, D Aronov and S Limborska
Caulfield M, Lavender P, Farrall M, Munroe P, Lawson M, Turner P, Clark AJ. Linkage of the angiotensinogen gene to essential hypertension. N Engl J Med 1994; 330(23): 1629-1633.
Caulfield M, Lavender P, Newell-Price J, Farrall M, Kamdar S, Daniel H, Lawson M, De Freitas P, Fogarty P, Clark AJ. Linkage of the angiotensinogen gene locus to human essential hypertension in African Caribbeans. J Clin Invest 1995; 96(2): 687-692.
Walker WG, Whelton PK, Saito H, Russell RP, Hermann J. Relationship between blood pressure and
Akram Assali, Javad Behravan, Roghayeh Paydar, Mohsen Mouhebati, Mitra Hassania, Jamal Kasaeyan, Farnoosh Tatari, Shima Tavallaie, Amirhossein Sahebkar, Mohammadreza Oladi, Mohsen Azimi-Nezhad, Majid Ghayour-Mobarhan, Habib A. Esmaeily and Gordon Ferns
receptor gene and cardiovascular disorders. Ter Arkh. 2000; 72:27-30.
8. Chapman CML, Palmer LJ, McQuillan BM, Hung J, Burley J, Hunt C, et al. Polymorphisms in the angiotensinogen gene are associated with carotid intimal-medial thickening in females from a communitybased population. Atherosclerosis. 2001; 159:209-17.
9. Takami S, Imai Y, Katsuya T, Ohkubo T, Tsuji I, Nagai K, et al. Gene polymorphism of the renin-angiotensin system associates with risk for lacunar infarction: the Ohasama study. Am J Hypertens. 2000; 13
Abdullah Arpacı, Meral Urhan-Kucuk, Aysegul Bayramoglu, Halil İbrahim Guler, Hasret Ecevit, Arif Suner and Sevim Karakaş-Celik
1. Yamada Y, Matsuo H, Segawa T, Watanabe S, Kato K, Hibino T, et al. Assessment of the genetic component of hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2006; 19(11):1158-65. DOI: 10.1016/j.amjhyper.2006.04.010
2. Tabassum N, Ahmad F. Role of natural herbs in the treatment of hypertension. Pharmacogn Rev. 2011; 5(9):30-40. DOI: 10.4103/0973-7847.79097
3. Bonfim-Silva R, GuimarAes LO, Souza Santos J, Perei-ra JF, Leal Barbosa AA, Souza Rios DL. Case-control association study of polymorphisms in the angioten-sinogen and angiotensin-converting enzyme
Framingham Heart Study. Circulation 1998; 97(18): 1766-1772.
Bengtsson K, Orho-Melander M, Lindblad U, Melander O, Bøg-Hansen E, Ranstam J, Råstam L, Groop L. Polymorphism in the angiotensin converting enzyme but not in the angiotensinogen gene is associated with hypertension and type 2 diabetes: the Skaraborg Hypertension and Diabetes Project. J Hypertens 1999; 17(11): 1569-1575.