Viktorija Kuzema, Aivars Pētersons, Harijs Čerņevskis and Aivars Lejnieks
Andamson, J. W., Bailie, G. R., Berns, J. S., Eckardt, K. U., Fishbane, S., Foley, R. N., Ghaddor, S., Gill, J. S., Jabs, K., Locatelli, F., Macdougall, I. C., McCarley, P. B., Messner, H. H., Nissenson, A. R., Obrador, G. T., Stilman, J. C., Van Wyck, D. B., White, C. T. (2006). NKF-DOQI guidelines. Clinical Practice Guidelines and Clinical Practice Recommendations for Anemia in Chronic Kidney Disease in Adults. Identifying Patients and Initiating Evaluation. Amer. J. Kidney Dis. , 5 (3), 17
In the recent years, our studies have demonstrated that T cells were hyperfunctional in patients with acquired aplastic anemia (AA). The excessive apoptosis of hematopoietic stem cells caused by cytotoxic T cells and/or lymphokines is the main pathogenesis of acquired AA. Up to now, acquired AA has been recognized by some scholars as an autoimmune disease with bone marrow (BM) as target organ attacked by the activated T lymphocytes. Therefore, immunosuppressive therapy (IST) has become the best choice for the treatment of acquired AA if there is
Tsvetelina V. Petkova-Marinova, Boryana K. Ruseva and Bisera D. Atanasova
1. McLean E, Cogswell M, Egli I, Wojdyla D, Benoist B. Worldwide prevalence of anaemia, WHO Vitamin and Mineral Nutrition Information System, 1993–2005. Public Health Nutr. 2008;12(4):444-54. doi: 10.1017/S1368980008002401.
2. World Health Organization. The global prevalence of anaemia in 2011. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2015.
3. Van Nhien N, Khan NC, Yabutani T, Ninh NX, Chung LTK, Motonaka J, et al. Relationship of low serum selenium to anemia among primary school children living in rural Vietnam. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol. 2008
. Glycosylated haemoglobin in iron-deficiency anaemia. Lancet 1(8433): 874, 1985.
31. Rai KB, Pattabiraman TN. Glycosylated haemoglobin levels in iron deficiency anaemia. Indian J Med Res 83: 234-236, 1986.
32. Gram-Hansen P, Eriksen J, Mourits-Andersen T, Olesen L. Glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) in ironand vitamin B12 deficiency. J Intern Med 227: 133-136, 1990.
33. Tarim O, Küçükerdoğan A, Günay U, Eralp O, Ercan I. Effects of iron deficiency anemia on hemoglobin A1c in type 1 diabetes mellitus. Pediatr Int 41: 357-362, 1999
Mahmoud Arshad, Sara Jaberian, Abdolreza Pazouki, Sajedeh Riazi, Maryam Aghababa Rangraz and Somayyeh Mokhber
-menopausal women . J Am Coll Nutr. 2009; 28 : 37-42.
16. TIJERINA-SÁENZ A, MARTÍNEZ-GARZA NE, RAMÍREZ-LÓPEZ E, SOLÍS-PÉREZ E, MARTÍNEZ-BÁEZ AZ. Iron status and dietary intakes of iron in normal-weight and obese young Mexican women . Nutr Hosp. 2015; 31(6):2412-8.
17. KORDAS K, FONSECA CENTENO ZY, PACHÓN H, JIMENEZ SOTO AZ. Being overweight or obese is associated with lower prevalence of anemia among Colombian women of reproductive age . J Nutr. 2013;143(2):175-81.
18. CROWLEY LV, OLSON RW. Megaloblastic anemia after gastric bypass for obesity . Am J
disruption of the Fanconi anemia homolog Fanca. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:1805-1811.
5. Tischkowitz, MD, Hodgson SV. Fanconi anaemia. Journal of Medical Genetics. 2003;40:1-10.
6. Joenje H, Levitus M, Waisfisz Q, et al. Complementation analysis in Fanconi anemia: assignment of the reference FA-H patient to group A. Am J Hum Genet. 2000;67:759-762.
7. Liu JM, Kim S, Read EJ, et al. Engraftment of hematopoietic progenitor cells transduced with the Fanconi anemia group C gene (FANCC). Hum Gene Ther. 1999
Melen Brinza, Cerasela Jardan, Didona Vasilache, Camelia Dobrea and Daniel Coriu
1. Kaito K, Kobayashi M, Katayama T, et al. Long-term administration of G-CSF for aplastic anaemia is closely related to the early evolution of monosomy 7 MDS in adults. Br J Haematol. 1998;103:297-303.
2. Maciejewski JP, Risitano A, Sloand EM, Nunez O, Young NS. Distinct clinical outcomes for cytogenetic abnormalities evolving from aplastic anemia. Blood 2002;99:3129-3135.
3. Maciejewski JP, Selleri C. Evolution of clonal cytogenetic abnormalities in aplastic anemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2004; 45
Irena Oblak, Monika Cesnjevar, Mitja Anzic, Jasna But Hadzic, Ajra Secerov Ermenc, Franc Anderluh, Vaneja Velenik, Ana Jeromen and Peter Korosec
–90% and has a 5-year survival rate of 60–70%, leaving surgery only as a salvage treatment for tumours that do not respond to radiochemotherapy or recur. 4 , 7 Anal margin cancers are classified as skin tumours and small tumours can be treated by surgery, while tumours T2 or larger should be treated with definitive radiochemotherapy. 11
Radiotherapy as well as chemotherapy is known to be more efficacious in the presence of oxygen than in hypoxic conditions. 12 – 15 Tumours are more hypoxic than the surrounding normal tissue. 13 Anaemia, present in 75% of cancer
Marija R. Sekulic, Dalibor Stajic and Nela Djonovic
11. Sarafidis P, Rumjon A, MacLaughlin HL, Macdougall IC. (2011). Obesity and iron deficiency in chronic kidney disease: the putative role of hepcidin. Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation. 27(1), 50-57.
12. De Benoist B, McLean E, Egli I, Cogswell M. (2008). Worldwide prevalence of anaemia 1993–2005. WHO Global Database on Anaemia. Geneva. World Health Organization.
13. Jovanović R, Nikolovski D, Radulović O, Novak S. (2010). Physical activity influence on nutritional status of preschool children. Acta Medica Medianae. 49(1), 17-21.
14. WHO Expert
Aranka Kurtus, Erzsébet Benedek, Judith Beáta Köpeczi, Enikő Kakucs, Aliz-Beáta Tunyogi, Monica Istrati and I Benedek
1. Bohlius J, Weingart O, Trelle S, Engert A. Cancer-related anemia and recombinant human erythropoietin - an updated overview. Nature Clinical Practice Oncology. 2006;3:152-154.
2. Nagy J, Kiss I. Az eritropoetin pleiotrop hatásai. LAM. 2007;17(12):861-867.
3. Aapro M, Österborg A, Gascón P, Ludwig H, Beguin Y. Prevalence and management of cancer-related anaemia, iron defi ciency and the specifi c role of i.v. iron. Annals of Oncology. 2012;23:1954-1962.
4. Bohlius J