Rina Mutiara, Bernadius Agustinus, Christian Badia Sitompul, Amarila Malik, Djajadiman Gatot and Frans D. Suyatna
[ 2 ]. The most common malignancy in the pediatric population worldwide is acutelymphoblasticleukemia (ALL). ALL is a heterogeneous group of leukemias that result from the clonal proliferation of cancerous lymphoblasts in bone marrow, and in secondary lymphoid organs. Children 1–10 years old are at particular risk of developing ALL. The overall cure rate is approximately 80% [ 3 ].
The Indonesian Paediatric Oncology Foundation stated that 2%-3% cancer cases in Indonesia occur in children [ 4 ]. Based on Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital data from 2000-2006, there were
immunotherapy for refractory acute lymphocytic leukemia. Chin J Blood Transfusion. 2016;29:1104-1107 (in Chinese).
Chen XL Feng YM Zeng YJ Exploration of integrated nursing care on CAR-T cell immunotherapy for refractory acute lymphocytic leukemia Chin J Blood Transfusion 2016 29 1104 1107 (in Chinese)
15 Feng N, Du X, Zhang C, Hao J, Zeng L. Nursing care of patients with recurrent refractory acutelymphoblasticleukemia treated with chimeric antigen receptor. Chongqing Med. 2016;45:140-141 (in Chinese).
Feng N Du X Zhang C Hao J Zeng
1. Onciu M. Acutelymphoblasticleukemia. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2009; 23:655-74.
2. Pui CH, Campana D, Pei D, Bowman WP, Sandlund JT, Kaste SC, et al. Treating childhood acutelymphoblasticleukemia without cranial irradiation N Engl J Med. 2009; 360:2730-41.
3. Holdsworth MT, Raisch DW, Winter SS, Chavez CM. Assessment of the emetogenic potential of intrathecal chemotherapy and response to prophylactic treatment with ondansetron. Support Care Cancer. 1998; 6:132-8.
varies between different ethnic groups. These are explained by genetic variation and susceptibility to disease process. Because variations in the genome occur randomly, certain types of mutation and polymorphism exist in particular ethnic groups. Therefore, when a particular genomic variation and disease association is identified, there is a need to verify usefulness in ethnic groups.
Two examples from this issue of the journal illustrate this topic. Acutelymphoblasticleukemia (ALL) is one of the most curable cancers of childhood. The cure is attributed to risk
; 29: A43-59.
15. Hoffman DA, Lonstein JE, Morin MM, Visscher W, Harris BS 3 rd , Boice JD Jr. Breast cancer in women with scoliosis exposed to multiple diagnostic X-rays. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1989, 81: 1307-12.
16. Doody M, Lonstein JE, Stovall M, Hacker DJ, Luckyanov N, Land CE. Breast cancer mortality after diagnostic radiography: findings from the U.S. Scoliosis Cohort Study. Spine. 2000; 25: 2052-63.
17. Infante-Rivard C. Diagnostic x rays, DNA repair genes and childhood acutelymphoblasticleukemia. Health Phys
, Chen S, et al. miR-155 and its star-form partner miR-155* cooperatively regulate type I interferon production by human plasmacytoid dendritic cells. Blood. 2010; 116:5885-94.
33. Zhang Y, Liu D, Chen X, Li J, Li L, Bian Z, et al. Secreted monocytic miR-150 enhances targeted endothelial cell migration. Mol Cell. 2010; 39:133-44.
34. Rainer J, Ploner C, Jesacher S, Ploner A, Eduardoff M, Mansha M, et al Glucocorticoid-regulated microRNAs and mirtrons in acutelymphoblasticleukemia. Leukemia. 2009; 23:746-52.