Si-An Pan, Dao Zhao, Xiang-Jun Lu, Cheng-Wen Li, Mai-Lan Liu and Xiao-Rong Chang
1. Tu-Yi SI, Jia-Ling YANG, etc. TCM diagnosis and treatment for common gynecological diseases. People's Medical Publishing House 2000;118.
2. Ming GAO, Li-Yan WANG, Dong-Di ZHANG, et al. Treatments for primary and secondary dysmenorrhea. Foreign Medical Sciences(Nursing Foreing Medical Science) 2005;24(1):24-25.
3. Hui-Jie ZHANG, Ying ZHU, Guang-Jun ZHOU, etc. Study progression on treatment of primary dysmenorrhea by acupuncture in recent five years. Journal of TCM External Treatments 2013
Hou-Lian Wang, An-Lin Guo, Jun-Yun Ge, Mai-Lan Liu and Xiao-Rong Chang
1 Dong CHEN, Jian ZHONG, Da-Dian CHEN, et al. Clinical utilization of CHEN’S Tiao Zhen treatment and its mechanism. World Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2012;7(2):142.
2 Yu-Hua SONG, Ai-Yun SONG. Clinical investigation on balance acupuncture for pain diseases. Journal of Clinical Acupuncture and Moxibustion 2005,21:27.
3 Wen-Yuan WANG, Xiao-Jun MAO, Li-Fang ZHANG, et al. Clinical observation of balance acupuncture for pain in neck, shoulder, low-back and legs. Chinese Archives of
Feng-E He, Quan-Quan Wan, Yan Peng, Ya-Ping Lin and Jing Shen
Objective: To observe the effects of electro-acupuncture (EA) on ultrastructure of gastric antrum smooth muscle cells (GASMCs) in diabetic gastroparesis (DGP) model rats, and to explore the possible mechanism underlying the therapeutic effects of EA.
Methods: Sixty Sprague Dawley rats were randomly divided into 5 groups: blank control (group A), DGP model (group B), EA point (group C), EA non-point (group D), Metoclopramide control (group E). DGP rat model was established by 2% STZ intraperitoneal injection at once, and then being fed with high-sugar-high-fat (HSHF) for 8wks. Phenol red lavage method was employed to measure gastric emptying rate (GER) and intestinal migration rate (IMR). The ultrastructure of GASMCs was observed under the electronic microscope.
Results: Compared with the blank control group, the GER and IMR in model group were decreased significantly (P＜0.05 or P＜0.01). Compared with the model group, the GER and IMR in EA point group were increased significantly(P＜0.05 or P＜0.01). Electro-acupuncture on “Zu San Li”(ST36) point, etc. has been observed improving the ultrastructure of GASMCs, as well as increasing the number of interstitial cells of Cajal (ICCs).
Conclusion: Electro-acupuncture can improve the GI motility promisingly, based on a potential underlying mechanism that the electro-acupuncture can improve the ultrastructure of gastric smooth muscle, and increase the number of ICCs.
Mai-Lan Liu, Shen Xie, Si-An Pan, Mi Liu and Xiao-Rong Chang
cardiovascular events in middle-aged group. Chinese Journal of Cardiology 2004,32(7):643-647.
4 Arrow WS. Management of hyperlipidemia with statins in the older patient. Clin Interv Aging,2006,1(4):433-438.
5 Fang LI, Yan NONG. Overview of acupuncture treatments on hyperlipermia. Journal of Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2010, 22,(4):87-91.
6 Zhan-Qiang MA. Meta analysis on the safety and effectiveness of acupuncture on hyperlipemia. Henan Traditional Chinese Medicine 2012
Jing Shen, Xiao-Ming Lei, Yang Song, Xing Tan, Qin Liu, Li-Wen Dai and Jie Yu
Objective: To observe the effects of electro-acupuncture (EA) on GRP78 and Caspase-12 gene expression in rats with ischemia- reperfusion injury (IRI) by stimulation on Nei Guan (PC6) and Bai Hui (GV20) points, so that to understand whether or not the protective effects of acupuncture is related to endocytoplasmic reticulum (ER) stressapoptosis passage.
Methods: 50 rats were randomly assigned to five groups (10 in each group): normal control(A), pseudo-operation(B), operation(C), Edaravone(D) and EA(E). The ischemia/reperfusion model of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) was established by suture embolic method. TUNEL staining method was employed to measure the apoptosis index of nerve cells in rats. Real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) was employed to measure the mRNA expression of GRP78 and Caspase-12.
Results: Compared with normal group and pseudo-operation group, the apoptosis indexes and mRNA expression of GRP78 and Caspase-12 in operation group, Edaravone group and EA group were increased, with statistical significance（P＜0.05 or P＜0.01）; compared with operation group, the apoptosis indexes and Caspase-12 mRNA expression in Edaravone group and EA group were decreased（P＜0.05 or P＜0.01）, but GRP78 mRNA expression were increased（P＜0.01）; there were no significant difference between Edaravone group and EA group on the above indexes（P＞0.05).
Conclusion: Acupuncture on Nei Guan and Bai Hui points could effectively suppress the nerve cell apoptosis in cerebral ischemia. The underlying mechanism might be related to upregulation of the ERS-protective GRP78 expression and downregulation of apoptosis-promotion Caspase-12 expression.
Lakkana Rerksuppaphol and Sanguansak Rerksuppaphol
weight and activity goals among diabetes prevention program lifestyle participants. Obes Res. 2004; 12:1426-34.
4. Kim DD, Sanchez FA, Boric MP, Duran WN. Mechanisms of acupuncture and herbal medicine in hypertension. Asian Biomed. 2008; 2:257-4.
5. Niimi H, Yamakawa T. Asian traditional medicine and microcirculatory science: an introduction. In: Niimi H, Xiu R-J, Sawada T, Zheng C, eds. Microcirculatory Approach to Asian Traditional Medicine. Amsterdam: Elsevier Sciences, 1996. p. 3-10.
6. Mok MS, Parker LN, Voina S
Nayera E. Hassan, Sahar A. El-Masry, Salwa M. Elshebini, Muhamed Al-Tohamy, Nihad H. Ahmed, Enas Abdel Rasheed, Gamila S.M. El-Saeed, Nagwa M. Hassan, Emad N. Zikri and Mohamed S. El Hussieny
4. Hong S. Relation between Treatment Course and Therapeutic Effects of Acupuncture for Female Obesity of Different Types. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2008; 28(4): 258-261.
5. Jelcić J, Korsić M. Obesity as a medical and public health problem. Lijec Vjesn. 2009; 131(9-10):279-85.
6. Beechy L, Galpern J, Petrone A, Das SK. Assessment tools in obesity - Psychological measures, diet, activity, and body composition. Physiology & Behavior. 2012; 107:154-171.
7. Seagle HM, Wyatt HR, Hill JO. Obesity: overview
1 Lu-Jia YANG, Hong ZHANG, Yu-Chen ZHANG, et al. The effect of Quchi and Shangjuxu acupoints on the level of NF-kB, HMGB1 in ulcerative colitis rats models via electro-acupuncture. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine University of Hunan 2014;34(5):58-61.
2 Shi-Feng DENG, Hong ZHANG, Yu-Chen ZHANG, et al. Effects of electroacupuncture on serum TNF-a level and duodenal tissue NF-kB expression in DU rats. Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine University of Hunan 2014;34(4):36-40.
3 Ling-Qing QI
Nayera E. Hassan, Sahar A. El-Masry, Rokia El-Banna, Salwa M. Elshebini, Muhamed Al-Tohamy, Salwa El-Batrawy, Nihad H. Ahmed, Dalia Adel, Enas Abdel Rasheed, Mohamed Selim, Mohamed S. El Hussieny, Aya Khalil and Manal Mouhamed Ali
1. Tang J, Abraham C, Greaves C, Yates T. Self-directed interventions to promote weight loss: a systematic review of reviews. J Med Internet Res. 2014;16(2):e58.
2. Sénéchal M, Arguin H, Bouchard D, Carpentier A, Ardilouze J, Dionne I, Brochu M. Effects of rapid or slow weight loss on body composition and metabolic riskfactors in obese postmenopausal women. A pilot study. Appetite. 2012; 58:831-834.
3. Abdi H, Zhao B, Darbandi M, Ghayour-Mobarhan M, Tavallaie S, et al. The effects of body acupuncture on obesity: anthropometric parameters
Jing Shen, Yan Peng, Dong-Mei Shi, Yin-Shuai Feng, Yan-Ling Hou and Ya-Ping Lin
1 Zhong-Ren LI. Experimental Acupuncture. Beijing:China Press of Traditional Chinese Medicine，2007：327-329.
2 Yu-yu YANG. Expression of IL-12,IL-10 and CRP levels in patients with Helicobacter Pylori gastritis. Modern Diagnosis & Treatment 2012,23(1);13-15.
3 Yi CHEN, Xiao-Li YAN, Hua LI, et al.Serum IL-6, IL-8 and IL-10 changes in children infected by Helicobacter Pylori. Journal of Clinical Pediatrics 2003;21:163-165.
4 Hai-Mei YOU, Tuan-Min HU. Serum levels of IL-10 and TNF