Tomasz Śniegocki, Marta Giergiel, Bartosz Sell and Andrzej Posyniak
involves the solid-phase extraction (SPE) approach for confirmation and quantitation of residues of these compounds in biological matrices using ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography-MS/MS (UHPLC–MS/MS). The aim of this research is elaboration of the first method for determination of nitrofurans and nitrofuran metabolites using UHPLC-MS/MS in a single analytical procedure.
Material and Methods
Materials All reagents were of minimum analytical grade or higher. Materials were procured as previously described ( 13 ) or as follows: ethyl acetate, hexane (95
Małgorzata Gbylik-Sikorska, Anna Gajda, Artur Burmańczuk, Tomasz Grabowski and Andrzej Posyniak
Introduction: Quercetin is a polyphenolic flavonoid which has been used in traditional Chinese medicine as a natural therapeutic agent with a broad spectrum of activities (antioxidant, anticancer, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial). The aim of this study was to develop and validate a rapid and simple ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry (UHPLC-MS/MS) method for the determination of quercetin in milk.
Material and Methods: Sample preparation was based on a liquid-liquid extraction with 0.5% formic acid in acetonitrile. The chromatographic separation was performed on a ZORBAX SB-C18 column with methanol and 0.5% formic acid as a mobile phase.
Results: The procedure was successfully validated. The mean recovery of the analyte was 98%, with the corresponding intra- and inter-day variation less than 10% and 15%, respectively, and the repeatability and reproducibility were in the range of 3%–7.2% and 6.1%–12%, respectively. The lowest level of quantification was 1.0 μg/kg.
Conclusion: The proposed method was successfully applied in evaluating the pharmacokinetics of quercetin in milk obtained from dairy cows with clinical mastitis after intramammary administration.
Gorica Vuković, Vojislava Bursić, Tijana Stojanović, Aleksandra Petrović, Sonja Gvozdenac, Mira Starović, Slobodan Kuzmanović and Goran Aleksić
tropane alkaloids present in organic foods? Detection of scopolamine and atropine in organic buckwheat (Fagopyron esculentum L.) products by UHPLC– MS/MS, Food Chemistry 239, 141–147, 2018.
SANTE/11813/2017: Method validation and quality control procedures for pesticide residues analysis in food and feed.
ZHENG, W., YOO, K.H., MINCHOI, J., PARK, D., KIM, S., KANG, Y., ABD EL-ATY, A.M., HACIMÜFTÜOĞLU, A., JEONG, J.H., EL-DIN BEKHIT, A., SHIM, J., SHIN, H.: A modified QuEChERS method coupled with liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the
Kamila Mitrowska, Maja Antczak and Andrzej Posyniak
- performance liquid chromatography coupled to time of flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B 2009, 877, 2363-2374.
11. Robert C., Gillard N., Brasseur P.Y., Pierret G., Ralet N., Dubois M., Delahaut P.: Rapid multi-residue and multi-class qualitative screening for veterinary drugs in foods of animal origin by UHPLC-MS/MS. Food Add Contamin Part A - Chem Anal Control Exposure Risk Assess 2013, 30, 443-457.
12. Stolker A.A., Rutgers P., Oosterink E., Lasaroms J.J., Peters R.J., van Rhijn J.A., Nielen M.W.: Comprehensive screening and
Katarína Hroboňová, Jozef Lehotay and Jozef Čižmárik
., SOLICH, P.: Development and application of UHPLC - MS/MS method for the determination of phenolic compounds in Chamomile flowers and Chamomile tea extracts. Talanta, 82, 2010, 1271 - 1280.
SFORCIN, J.M., BANKOVA, V.: Propolis: is there a potential for the development of new drugs. Rewiev. J. Ethnopharmacology, 133, 2011, 253-260.
SILICI, S., KUTLUCA, S.: Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of propolis collected by three different races of honeybees in the same region. J. Ethnopharmacol., 99, 2005, 69-73.
Renata Beck, Suzana Mimica Matanović and Lada Zibar
JL, Pedersen DS, Breindahl TJ. Identification of a new metabolite of GHB: gamma-hydroxybutyric acid glucuronide. J Anal Toxicol 2013;37:291–7. doi: 10.1093/jat/bkt027
16. Busardò FP, Pichini S, Zaami S, Pacifici R, Kintz P. Hair testing of GHB: an everlasting issue in forensic toxicology. Clin Chem Lab Med 2018;56:198–208. doi: 10.1515/cclm-2017-0397
17. Busardò FP, Kyriakou C, Marchei E, Pacifici R, Pedersen DS, Pichini S. Ultra-high performance liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (UHPLC-MS/MS) for determination of GHB, precursors and
Mohamed M. Hefnawy, Mostafa S. Mohamed, Mohammed A. Abounassif, Amer M. Alanazi and Gamal A. E. Mostafa
6. H. Vlčková, M. Rabatinová, A. Mikšová, G. Kolouchová, S. Mičuda, P. Solich and L. Nováková, Determination of pravastatin and pravastatin lactone in rat plasma and urine using UHPLC-MS/ MS and microextraction by packed sorbent, Talanta 90 (2012) 22-29; DOI: 10.1016/j.talanta.2011.12.043.
7. Z. Zhu and L. Neirinck, High-performance liquid chromatography coupled with negative ion tandem mass spectrometry for determination of pravastatin in human plasma, J. Chromatogr. B 783 (2003) 133-140; DOI: 10.1016/S1570
Wojciech Jerzy Pietroń, Wojciech Cybulski, Dorota Krasucka, Agata Mitura, Katarzyna Kos and Maja Antczak
.: Estimating uncertainty in analytical procedures based on chromatographic techniques. J Chromatogr A 2010, 1217, 882-891.
17. Kumar P., Companyo R.: Development and validation of an LC- UV method for the determination of sulfonamides in animal feeds. Drug Test Anal 2012, 4, 368-375.
18. Liu R., He P., Li Z., Li R.: Simultaneous determination of 16 sulfonamides in animal feeds by UHPLC-MS-MS. J Chromatogr Sci 2011, 49, 640-646.
19. Lopes R.P., Passos E.E.D., de Alkimim J.F., Vargas E.A., Augusti D.V., Augusti R.: Development
L. Lecová, L. Stuchlíková, J. Lamka, M. Špulák, M. Várady and L. Skálová
] Stein, P. A., George, S. D., Rolfe, P. F., Hosking, B. C. (2012): Safety and efficacy against fourth-stage gastrointestinal nematode larvae, of monepantel in 6-week old lambs. Vet. Parasitol., 185: 339–342. DOI: 10.1016/j.vetpar.2011.10.020 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.vetpar.2011.10.020
 Stuchlíková, L., Jirásko, R., Lamka, J., Szotáková, B., Vokřál, I., ŠPULÁK, M., Holčapek, M., Bartíková, H., Pour, M., Skálová, L. (2013): Investigation of the metabolism of monepantel in ovine hepatocytes by UHPLC/MS/MS. Anal. Bioanal. Chem., 405: 1705
C. McElhinney, M. Danaher, C. Elliott and P. O’Kiely
. Possible climate-change effects on mycotoxin contamination of food crops pre- and post-harvest: Mycotoxins and climate change. Plant Pathology 60, 150–163
McDonald, P., Henderson, N., Heron, S., 1991. “The biochemistry of silage”, Chalcombe, Marlow, England, 340 pages.
McElhinney, C, O’Kiely, P., Elliot, C., Danaher, M., 2013. Development of a Method for the Detection of 20 Mycotoxins in silage by UHPLC-MS/MS, in: Emerging Risks in the Feed Supply Chain. Presented at the Biotoxins Knowledge Network Annual Conference, Belfast, N. Ireland, p. 25.