Viviana Cuzic, C. Tica, F. Enache, Cristina Mihai, Adriana Bălăşa, Larisia Mihai, Corina Frecuş and Adina Ungureanu
1. G. OZTURK, B. AYDINLI, M. I. YILDIRGAN, et al., “Posttraumatic free intraperitoneal rupture of liver cystic echinococcosis: a case series and review of literature,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 194, no. 3, pp. 313-316, 2007
2. A. T. TURGUT, L. ALTIN, S. TOPÇU, et al., “Unusual imaging characteristics of complicated hydatid disease,” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 84-93, 2007
3. S. CHARFI, L. AYADI, N. TOUMI, et al., “Cystic undifferentiated sarcoma of liver in
Liver cir rhosis (LC) is a common gastroenterological pathology among adults. Its aetiological factors are: alcohol abuse, hepatitis B infection, hepatitis C infection, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, non-alcoholic steatohepatitis and others.[ 1 , 2 ] Cirrhosis with multiple-aetiologies are more susceptible of developing multiple organ failures, predominantly kidney, brain, heart and others.[ 1 , 3 ] This disease can be classified using several methods and these cases will be focusing on Halstead-Reitan and Child-Pugh score classification
1. Blachier M, Leleu H, Peck-Radosavljevic M. The burden of liver disease in Europe: A review of available epidemiological data. J Hepatology, 58, 2013, № 3, 593-608.
2. Elpek G. Cellular and molecular mechanisms in the pathogenesis of liver fibrosis: An update. World J Gastroenterol, 20, 2014, № 23, 7260-7276.
3. Göbel T, Erhardt A, Herwig M, et al. High prevalence of significant liver fibrosis and cirrhosis in chronic hepatitis B patients with normal ALT in central Europe. J Med Virol, 83, 2011, № 6, 968-973.
Jânis Vilmanis, Arturs Ozoliņš and Jânis Gardovskis
Abbasoglu, O. (2008). Liver transplantation: Yesterday, today and tomorrow. World J. Gastroenterol., 14 , 3117-3122.
Abbasoglu, O., Levy, M. F., Brkic, B. B., Testa, G., Jeyarajah, D. R., Goldstein, R. M., Husberg, B. S., Gonwa, T. A., Klintmalm, G. B. (1997). Ten years of liver transplantation: An evolving understanding of late graft loss. Transplantation. 64 (12), 1801-1807.
Adam, R., McMaster, P., O'Grady, J. G., Castaing, D., Klempnauer, J. L., Jamieson, N., Neuhaus, P., Lerut, J
Rafael Torres-Valadez, Sonia Roman, Alexis Jose-Abrego, Maricruz Sepulveda-Villegas, Claudia Ojeda-Granados, Ingrid Rivera-Iñiguez and Arturo Panduro
Liver cirrhosis (LC) is a health problem worldwide. The Global Burden Study 2010 ranks LC as the 23 rd cause of disease burden worldwide causing 31 million global disability-adjusted life years (DALYs), and it is the 12 th cause of mortality with more than one million deaths per year.[ 1 , 2 ] The most common etiologies leading to chronic damage and LC are excessive alcohol consumption, hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection or hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, and most recently the nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) due to the global obesity
C. Borz, D. Marian, T. Bara, O. Jimborean, T. Bara and D. Márton
1. Broelsch CE, Frilling A, Nadalin S, et al. Leberlebendspende. Die deutsche Erfahrungim international Vergleich. Chirurg. 2003;74(6):510-522.
2. Shiffman ML, Brown RS Jr, Olthoff KM, et al. Lving donor liver transplantation: Summary of a conference at the National Institutes of Health. Liver Transplantation. 2002;8(2):174-188.
3. Malago M, Testa G, Frilling A, et al. Right living donor liver transplantation: An Option for Adult Patients. Annals of Surgery. 2003;238(6):853-863.
in China is approximately 1.52%–2.29% [ 2 , 3 , 4 ]. The incidence varies with the type of organ transplant [ 1 , 5 ] with approximately 0.47%–2.3% among patients who have undergone a liver transplant [ 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 ]. Interactions exist between immunosuppressant and anti-TB drugs because the diagnosis and treatment of TB complications is difficult with liver transplant, wherein the drug resistance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis increases as the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of TB face many problems.
1 Pathogenesis and prognosis
The risk of TB in
Ye-Feng Lu, Yan Wang, Ming-Zhu Huang, Xue-Fei Ren, Lei-Qing Gao, Dan Li, Yan-Fen Li and Yan Yang
A variety of primary diseases has led Chinese pediatric patients to suffer from liver cirrhosis, especially biliary atresia (BA), which has threatened their health and lifespan; fortunately, significant progress in the field of liver transplantation 1 has made this treatment the most effective therapeutic strategy for pediatric patients with end-stage liver diseases. 2
Several transplantation centers have begun to perform living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) since the first case of pediatric liver transplantation was successfully
Ramona Maria Draguţ, Emilia Rusu, Georgiana Enache, Horaţiu Popescu, Raluca Nan, Gabriela Radulian and
1. Casadaban LC, Parvinian A, Couture PM et al . Investigation of epidemiology and etiology of liver diseases and characterization of its association with various factors. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 8: 346-349, 2015.
2. World Health Organization . Hepatitis C. Available at: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs164/en/ . Last accessed: February 2016.
3. World Health Organization . Viral Hepatitis requires more attention in the WHO European region. Available at: http