1. Abramson, E. M. “Puncturing the Myth of the Moral Intractability of Law Students: The Suggestiveness of the Work of Psychologist Lawrence Kohlberg for Ethical Training in LegalEducation.” Notre Dame JL Ethics & Pub. Pol'y 7 (1993): 223-268.
2. Aleksandravičius, E. Išblukęs žodynas . Vilnius: Versus Aureus, 2010.
3. Aleksandravičius, E. “Teisės ‘nuosavybė’: tarp visuomenės, valstybės ir teisininkų” (2014) // http://www.tvdu.lt/?q=video/e_aleksandravi_ius_teis_s_nuosavyb_tarp_visuomen_s_valstyb_s_ir_teisinink .
Yu ShuHong, Malik Zia-ud-Din, Roy Dilawer Khan and Samra Bilal
1. Abramson, K. (2006). Paradigms in the Cultivation of China's Future Legal Elite: A Case Study of LegalEducation in Western China. APLPJ, 7, 302.
2. Aggarwal, A. P. (1959). LegalEducation in India. J. Legal Educ., 12, 231.
3. Ahmad, T. (2009). LegalEducation in Indian Perspective.
4. Arthurs, H. (2001). The world turned upside down: are changes in political economy and legal practice transforming legaleducation and scholarship, or vice versa? International Journal of the Legal
The paper presents novel data on international human rights in the Czech legal education. The importance of international human rights treaties and case-law of human rights bodies in the domestic practice gradually increases, therefore the students of Czech law schools should be familiar with the grounds of the sub-discipline, especially with the interpretative techniques used by international human rights bodies. The paper categorizes the approaches which the Czech law faculties employ as regards educating students in international human rights field and evaluates advantages and disadvantages of the approaches implemented by individual law schools. Finally, the paper identifies weak spots in Czech legal curricula and proposes some ideas for improvement.
The author analyses in this paper S. Bărnuţiu’s contribution to the establishment of the legal education and to the development of the sciences of the Law in the Romanian area during the mid-19th century. Adept of the natural law philosophy, ardent promotor of human and people’s rights, Bărnuţiu remains a personality of reference in the Romanians’ history not only for being the political leader and ideologist of the Transylvanian 1848 Revolution, but also for establishing the legal education at the University of Iasi by inspiring himself from the curriculum of the profile schools of law from the Western Europe. Having a unitary conception on the law and on the history of law, considering the law from a systemic perspective, Bărnuţiu contributed into the edification of a modern, constitutional, and democratic State in the united Romanian Principalities.
My life-long curiosity, interest, and passion about education, higher education, learning, and teaching started at a young age when my tiger mom Peter H. Huang, Tiger Cub Strikes Back: Memoirs of an Ex-Child Prodigy About LegalEducation and Parenting , 1 Brit. J. Am. Legal Stud. 297, 297, 300 (2012). purchased for me a set of Ivy League book covers when I was six years old in the first grade at Public School (P.S.) 183 and explained that there are eight schools in the Ivy League: Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and five other places. Peter H
Strategic Planning?” The Paper Submitted for the IALS Conference on Teaching, LegalEducation and Strategic Planning. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina (April 13-15, 2011) // http://www.ialsnet.org/meetings/teaching/papers/Harrington.pdf.
4. Kiršienė, Julija. “Advokato nepriklausomumas teisinių paslaugų rinkos komercializacijos kontekste: reliktas ar būtinybė?” Jurisprudencija- Jurisprudence Vol. 21, No. 3 (2014): 683-706 // DOI: 10.13165/JUR-14-21-3-03.
5. Langevoort, Donald C. “Getting (Too) Comfortable: In-House Lawyers, Enterprise
entrepreneurialism (Peter Lang 2013).
Leiter B, ‘Legal Realism’ in D Patterson (ed), A Companion to Philosophy of Law and Legal Theory (Wiley-Blackwell 1996).
Marszał M, Srokosz J, ‘Rzymianie czy barbarzyńcy? Z dyskusji nad reformą programu studiów prawniczych w Polsce w latach 1931-1937’ [‘Romans and Barbarians? The debate about the curriculum of legaleducation in Poland 1931-1937’] (2010) Przegląd Prawa i Administracji.
McKnight D, Beyond Right and Left: New Politics and the Culture War (Allen & Unwin 2005
The number of medical malpractice lawsuits filed each year in Hungary has considerably increased since the change of regime. The judicial decisions and practices on determining and awarding wrongful damages recoverable for medical malpractices in the Hungarian civil law have been developing for decades.
International mobility among graduate students of law presents unique challenges for the teaching and learning of Legal English. Master of Laws (LL.M.) students, for example, often bring both prior legal training and professional experience from their home jurisdiction to their graduate studies abroad. Taking a closer look at the experience of these students as they engage with genres associated with another legal system provides insight into broader issues of intersections between language and content in English for Legal Purposes. This article draws on case studies of four LL.M students from China and Saudi Arabia, a civil law jurisdiction and an Islamic law jurisdiction, respectively, as they learn to read and write common law genres in the United States. Considering students’ experiences with these texts, the article outlines a potential framework for understanding the role of disciplinary concepts in second language legal literacy development. Specifically, the article elaborates a tentative taxonomy for disciplinary concepts that distinguishes between discourse-relevant concepts and discourse-structuring concepts in considering the interaction between language and content in ESP and CLIL for law.