Jaegwon Kim . Edited by T. Horgan, D. Sosa, and M. Sabates. Cambridge: MIT Press.
Bostock, Simon. 2008. In Defence of Pan-Dispositionalism. Metaphysica , 9(2): 139-157.
Carnap, Rudolf. 1958. Introduction to Symbolic Logic and Its Applications . New York: Dover.
Dehmelt, Hans. 1989. Triton,…Electron,…, Cosmon…: An Infinite Regression? Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences , 86: 8618-8619.
Ellis, Brian. 2001. Scientific Essentialism . Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Ellis, Brian. 2010. The Metaphysics of Scientific
Gelman, S. A. (1997). What does word use tell us about conceptual content? Psychology of Language and Communication , 1 (2), 5-16.
Gelman, S. A. (2003). The essential child: Origins of essentialism in everyday thought. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Gelman, S. A., Coley, J. D., Rosengren, K., Hartman, E., & Pappas, T. (1998). Beyond labeling: The role of parental input in the acquisition of richly structured categories. Monographs of the Society for Research in Child Development. Serial No. 253, Vol. 63, No. 1
The present article sets out to explore certain aspects of how individuals with an ethnic minority background experience the journalistic media. It is derived from a project based on in-depth interviews aimed at mapping the media experiences and strategies of individuals with a minority background. Many tell of their experiences of being ethnified or subject to culturalization by the reporters – and thereby ascribed a lesser Norwegian identity even if they happen to be born and raised in Norway. In several cases, the interviewees demonstrate how they have had to emphasize their ethnicity in order to gain better access to media with regard to issues and causes that have nothing to do with their minority background. These continuing intersecting processes may inspire (strategic) essentialism among minority groups as a necessary albeit disputed way of obtaining media attention and recognition. Anthropologists’ approaches to essentialism, ethnification and culturalization are discussed, and by way of conclusion, the article discusses Gayatri Spivak’s “strategic essentialism”, its advantages, pitfalls and limitations.1
experienced realities upon the typical conscious human mind, the essential elements of the concept of law—those elements needed to distinguish political positive law from other phenomena—can be discerned to necessarily include a socially-recognizable coercive intent on the part of a lawmaker toward her legal subjects, i.e. those bound in duty to obey her laws. That coercive intent ultimately must be backed by physical coercion or the threat of it, From now on, I will use “physical coercion” and “physical force” to include the threat of physical force unless indicated
1. Augustine. On Reprimand and Grace, In On the Free Choice of the Will, On Grace and Free Choice, and Other Writings , Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2010.
2. Bennet, D. Essential Properties, The Journal of Philosophy , 66, 1969, pp. 487-499.
3. Berger, P. L. & T. Luckmann. The Social Construction of Reality. A Treatise in the Sociology of Knowledge , Harmondsworth: Penguin Books, 1966.
4. Brody, B. A. Towards an Aristotelian Theory of Scientific Explanation, Philosophy of Science , 39, 1972, pp. 20-31.
Mihaela Maria Ghinea, Zizi Niculescu, C. Niculescu and M. Grigorian
1. Petrov, L. (2009). Hematologie Clinică (pp.82-90). Cluj-Napoca, Romania: Editura Casa Cărţii de Ştiinţă Cluj-Napoca.
2. Elliott, M.A. & Tefferi, A. (2005). Thrombosis and haemorrhage in polycythaemia vera and essential thrombocythemia. Br. J. Haematol. 128(3), 275-90. DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2004.05277.x.
3. Spivak, J. & Silver, R.I. (2008). The Revised World Health Organization diagnostic criteria for polycythemia vera, essential thrombocytosis, and primary myelofibrosis: an alternative proposal
Katayoun Morteza-Semnani, Majid Saeedi and Mohammad Akbarzadeh
retention indices of monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes on methyl silicone and carbowax 20M phases, J. Chromatogr. 503 (1990) 1-25; DOI: 10.1016/S0021-9673(01)81487-4.
R. P. Adarns, Identification of Essential Oil Components by Gas Chromatography/Quadrupole Mass Spectroscopy , Allured Publishing Corporation, Carol Stream 2001, pp. 43-392.
D. Vokou and J. M. Bessiere, Volatiles constituents of Teucrium polium, J. Nat. Prod. 48 (1985) 498-499.
A. Velasco-Negueruela and M. J. Perez-Alonso, The
Paweł Kwiatkowski, Stefania Giedrys-Kalemba, Małgorzata Mizielińska and Artur Bartkowiak
1. Prabuseenivasan S, Jayakumar M, Ignacimuthu S. In vitro antibacterial activity of some plant essential oils. BMC Complement Altern Med 2006; 6:1-8.
2. Mahmoodi A, Roomiani L, Soltani M, Basti AA, Kamali S, Taheri S. Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils and extracts from Rosmarinus officinalis , Zataria multiflora , Anethum graveolens and Eucalyptus globulus. Global Vet 2012; 9:73-9.
3. Begum J, Bhuiyan MNI, Chowdhury JU, Hoque MN, Anwar MN. Antimicrobial activity of essential oil from seeds of
Szweda Piotr, Zalewska Magdalena, Pilch Joanna, Kot Barbara and Milewski Sławomir
human health. Cell Mol Biol 2007, (Noisy-le-grand) 53: 15–25.
13. Mayaud L, Carricajo A, Zhiri A, Aubert G: Comparison of bacteriostatic and bactericidal activity of 13 essential oils against strains with varying sensitivity to antibiotics. Lett Appl Microbiol 2008, 47: 167–173.
14. Orhan DD, Ozçelik B, Ozgen S, Ergun F: Antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral activities of some flavonoids. Microbiolo Res 2010, 165: 496–504.
15. Ewnetu Y, Lemma W, Birhane N: Antibacterial effects of Apis mellifera and stingless bees honeys on susceptible and
Danijela Šuput, Vera Lazić, Lato Pezo, Siniša Markov, Žužana Vaštag, Ljiljana Popović, Aleksandra Radulović, Sanja Ostojić, Snežana Zlatanović and Senka Popović
Abdollahi M., Rezaei M., Farzi G., A novel active bionanocomposite film incorporating rosemary essential oil and nanoclay into chitosan. J. Food Eng., 2012, 111, 343–350.
A novel active bionanocomposite film incorporating rosemary essential oil and nanoclay into chitosan
J. Food Eng.
Avila-Sosa R., Palou E., Jiménez Munguía M.T., Nevárez-Moorillón G.V., Navarro Cruz A.R., López-Malo A., Antifungal activity by vapour contact of essential oils added to amaranth