Iwona Strzelecka, Maria Respondek-Liberska, Maciej Słodki, Katarzyna Zych-Krekora and Bettina Cuneo
1. Herman Z. Medicine of the positive inotropic activity. Pharmacology. Basics of pharmacology. PZWL . State Institutions of Medical Publishers]. 1998, 542-551.
2. Giec L, Herman ZS. Pharmacotherapy of Circulatory System Diseases. PZWL, State Institutions of Medical Publishers, 1987
3. Ishikawa S, Yin J, Maeda H, Satoh S, Takeuchi A, Yasui H, Koyanagi T, Nakano H. Successful Intrauterine Digoxin Therapy for Fetal Complete. Atrioventricular Block with Endocardial Cushion Defect. Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi
1. Jaeggi ET, Carvalho JS, De Groot E, Api O, Clur SA, Rammeloo L, McCrindle BW, Ryan G, Manlhiot C, Blom NA. Comparison of transplacental treatment of fetal supraventricular tachyarrhythmias with digoxin, flecainide, and sotalol: results of a nonrandomized multicenter study. Circulation. 2011;124(16):1747-54.
2. Hansmann M, Gembruch U, Bald R, et. al. Fetal tachyarrhythmias: transplacental and direct treatment of the fetus: a report of 60 cases. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1991; 1:162-170.
3. Kleinman CS, Cople JA. Electrophysiological
Omid Mehrpour, Mostafa Jafarzadeh and Mohammad Abdollahi
, Panda A. Management of celphos poisoning with a novel intervention: A ray of hope in the darkest of clouds. Anesth Essays Res 2010;4:20-4.
Mehrpour O, Farzaneh E, Abdollahi M. Successful Treatment of aluminum phosphide poisoning with digoxin: a case report and review of literature. Int J Pharmacol 2011;7:761-4.
Siddaiah L, Adhyapak S, Jaydev S, Shetty G, Varghese K, Patil C, Iyengar S. Intra-aortic balloon pump in toxic myocarditis due to aluminum phosphide poisoning. J Med Toxicol 2009
Katarzyna Zych-Krekora, Anna Wójtowicz, Michał Krekora, Maciej Słodki, Hugues Gentillon and Maria Respondek-Liberska
It was the second pregnancy of an otherwise healthy married couple. The fetus (male) had detailed echocardiography monitoring in the second half of the pregnancy due to progression of cardiomegaly, and echocardiographic features of congestive heart failure. Marfan syndrome was suspected based on cardiac anomalies. For the first time, the rupture of aneurysm of aortic sinus Valsalva was documented. Despite transplacental treatment with digoxin there was fetal demise at the 34th week of gestation and postmortem newborn phenotype confirmed prenatal diagnosis.
Marfan Syndrome is a rare genetic anomaly which can be diagnosed prenatally by detailed echocardiography, usually with bad prognosis (just opposite to “benign” case diagnosed later on in life span). The most common prenatal cardiac manifestations are cardiomegaly with signs of cardiac insufficiency. We present the case with new echocardiographic features.
Agnieszka Nawara, Beata Radzymińska-Chruściel, Maria Respondek Liberska, Katarzyna Januszewska and Edward Malec
Absent of pulmonary valve syndrome is a rare congenital heart defect, which is diagnosed prenataly in 0,8% of fetuses with congenital heart defect based on the data from National Polish Registry Of Fetal Cardiac Anomalies.
We present a case of pregnat woman and fetus with that heart defect, which was detected in the 1st trimester and treated prenatally with digoxin, amnioreduction, tocolysis and steroids following by the cardiac sugery in the neonatal period. Despite an intensive therapy, the infant died on the 3rd month of age.
We belive that the main reason of poor outcome was premature delivery at the 35th week of gestation.
We present unique cardiac images proving the changing characterists of this type anomay since 1 st trimester
1. Bessen , H. A. Therapeutic and toxic effects of digitalis: William Withering, 1785. - J. Emerg. Med., 4, 1986, № 3, 243.
2. Bourgeois , B., P. Incagnoli, J. Hanna etV. Tirard. Traitement par anticorps antidigitalique d’une intoxication volontaire par laurier rose. - Annales Françaises d’Anesthésie et de Réanimation, 24, 2005, № 6, 640-642.
3. Camphausen , C., N. A. Haas et A. C. Mattke. Successful treatment of oleander intoxication (cardiac glycosides) with digoxin-specifi c Fab antibody fragments
Sayed Mahdi Marashi, Mohammad Majidi, Mehran Sadeghian, Shapour Ahmadi, Hojatollah Raji Asadabadi and Zeynab Nasri Nasrabadi
phosphide poisoning with digoxin: a case report and review of literature. Int J Pharmacol 2011;7:761-4. doi: 10.3923/ijp.2011.761.764
7. Marashi SM, Arefi M, Behnoush B, Nasrabad MG, Nasri- Nasrabadi Z. Could hydroxyethyl starch be a therapeutic option in management of acute aluminum phosphide toxicity? Med Hypotheses 2011;76:596-8. doi: 10.1016/j. mehy.2011.01.009
8. Chacko J, Shivaprasad C. Fatal aluminium phosphide poisoning due to myocardial depression refractory to high dose inotropic support and intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation
11. S. N. Muchohi, S. A. Ward, L. Preston, C. R. J. C. Newton, G. Edwards and G. O. Kokwaro, Determination of midazolam and its major metabolite 1’-hydroxymidazolam by high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry in plasma from children, J. Chromatogr. B 821 (2005) 1-7; DOI: 10.1016/j.jchromb.2005.03.015.
12. X. Xue, M. Huang, H. Xiao, X. Qin, L. Huang, G. Zhong and H. Bi, Rapid and simultaneous measurement of midazolam, 1’-hydroxymidazolam and digoxin by liquid chromatography/ tandem mass
7. Strzelecka I, Respondek-Liberska M, Słodki M, Zych-Krekora K, Cuneo B. Transplacental digoxin treatment in prenatal cardiac problems in singleton pregnancies - meta analysis (based on literature: 1992-2015). Prenat Cardio 2016; 6(1):67-74; DOI: 10.1515/pcard-2016-0009
8. Mousavi S, Moradi M, Khorshidahmad T, Motamedi M. Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Heparin and Its Derivatives: A Systematic Review. Advances in Pharmacological Sciences. 2015. 1-14. DOI:10.1155/2015/507151.
9. Ludwig RJ