Walailuk Tanpipattanakul, Nattaya Poovorawan, Thanapoom Rattananupong, Poranee Laoitthi, Piyada Sithidetphaiboon, Suebpong Thanasanvimon, Virote Sriuranpong and Napa Parinyanitikul
Premedication with dexamethasone, an antagonist of histamine-1 (H1) and histamine-2 (H2) receptors, is a crucial part of the prevention of hypersensitivity reactions (HSRs) associated with administration of taxanes. Although studies of the excipient Cremophor EL (Kolliphor EL) have contributed important knowledge to the mechanism of the paclitaxel HSR, the exact mechanism remains uncertain. Several risk factors, such as menopausal status, high body mass index (BMI), and history of allergy or asthma, have been demonstrated, and might play a role in the
. Dexamethasone as an antiemetic in patients treated with cisplatin. N Engl J Med. 1981; 305:520.
16. Markman M, Sheidler V, Ettinger DS, Quaskey SA, Mellits ED. Antiemetic efficacy of dexamethasone. Randomized, double-blind, crossover study with prochlorperazine in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy. N Engl J Med. 1984; 311:549-52.
17. Holte K, Kehlet H. Perioperative single-dose glucocorticoid administration: pathophysiologic effects and clinical implications. J Am Coll Surg. 2000; 195: 694-712.
18. Olver I, Clark-Snow RA
Žanka Bojić-Trbojević, Nikola Kolundžić, Miloš Petronijević and Ljiljana Vićovac
, Hass M, Brew K, Miller T, Werner R, Massaro D. Sequence of full-length cDNA for rat lung beta-galactoside-binding protein: primary and secondary structure of the lectin. Biochemistry 1988; 27, 692-9.
Sandford GL, Owens MA, Odusanya BM. Differential influence of dexamethasone on the activity and synthesis of β-galactoside-specific lectin (galaptin) during postnatal lung development. Exp Lung Res 1993; 19: 91-104.
Karalis K, Goodvin G, Majzoub JA. Cortisol blockade of progesterone: a possible molecular mechanism
Elida Mitevska, Irena Kostadinova-Petrova and Nevena Kostovska
1. Chung HT, Samlowski WE, Daynes RA. Modification of the murine immune system by glucocorticoids: alterations of the tissue localization properties of circulating lymphocytes. Cellular immunology. 1986; 101: 571-585.
2. Van Vliet E, Melis M, van Evijk W. The influence of dexamethasone treatment on the lymphoid and stromal composition of the mouse thymus: a flowcytometric and immunohistological analysis. Cellular Immunology. 1986; 103: 229-240.
3. Wyllie AH, Morris RG. Hormone-induced cell death
Andrijan Kartalov, Nikola Jankulovski, Biljana Kuzmanovska, Milka Zdravkovska, Mirjana Shosholcheva, Tatjana Spirovska, Aleksandra Panovska Petrusheva, Marija Tolevska, Marija Srceva, Vesna Durnev, Gjorgji Jota, Redzep Selmani and Atanas Sivevski
corticosteroids on the sciatic nerve: an experimental study to adduce the safety in treating carpal tunnel syndrome, J Hand Surg Eur. 2011; Vol 36: 236-43.
16. Shishido H, Kikuchi S, Heckman H, Myers RR. Dexamethasone decreases blood flow in normal nerves and dorsal root ganglia. Spine. 2002; 27: 581-6.
17. Barnes PJ. Anti-inflammatory actions of glucocorticoids: molecular mechanisms. Clin Sci. 1998; 94: 557-72.
18. Choi S, Rodseth R, McCartney CJ. Effects of dexamethasone as a local anaesthetic adjuvant for brachial plexus block
Prashant Kumar, Yog Raj Sharma, Parijat Chandra, Rajvardhan Azad and Girish Gulab Meshram
8. Yeh W, Haller JA, Lanzetta P, et al. Effect of the duration of macular edema on clinical outcomes in retinal vein occlusion treated with dexamethasone intravitreal implant. Ophthalmology 2012; 119: 1190-8.
9. Holash J, Davis S, Papadopoulos N, et al. VEGF-Trap: A VEGF blocker with potent antitumor effects. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2012; 99: 11293-98.
10. Pfister M, Rothweiler F, Michaelis M, et al. Correlation of inflammatory and proangiogenic cytokines from undiluted vitreous samples with spectral domain OCT scans, in untreated
contribution of steroids in patients receiving whole-brain irradiation for cerebral metastases. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 2004;16:339-44.
11. Edwards MS, Prados M. Current management of brain stem gliomas. Pediatr Neurosci 1987;13:309-15.
12. Hempen C, Weiss E, Hess CF. Dexamethasone treatment in patients with brain metastases and primary brain tumors: Do the benefits outweigh the side-effects? Support Care Cancer 2002;10:322-8.
13. Weissman DE. Glucocorticoid treatment for brain metastases and epidural spinal cord compression
Ana Starcevic, Sasa Petricevic, Vuk Djulejic, Zoran Radojicic, Branislav Starcevic and Branislav Filipovic
4. Yehuda R, Halligan SL, Golier JA, Grossman R, Bierer LM.Effects of trauma exposure on the cortisol response to dexamethasone administration in PTSD and major depressive disorder. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2004;29 (3): 389-404.
5. Bremner JD, Elzinga B, Schmahl C, Vermetten E. Structural and functional plasticity of the human brain in posttraumatic stress disorder. Prog Brain Res. 2008; 167: 171-186
6. Yehuda R, Boisoneau D, Lowy MT, Giller Jr EL. Doseresponse changes in plasma cortisol and lymphocyte glucocorticoid receptors