At present, one of the major reasons of death in the world is cardiovascular disease (CVD), related to the epidemiological transition of unhealthy lifestyles such as smoking habits, diabetesmellitus and obesity [ 1 , 2 ]. Atrial and ventricular arrhythmias are two important factors in cardiovascular disease of which cardiac rhythm disorder and heartbeat abnormalities are great public challenges in developed countries. It can be said that the variations in the heart cellular electrophysiology are the main cause for arrhythmias, as common causes
Leslie D. Montgomery, Richard W. Montgomery, Wayne A. Gerth, Marty Loughry, Susie Q. Lew and Manuel T. Velasquez
circulatory changes for individual patients during HD we provide the results of two very different patients below. The results of BIS and CritLine® along with simultaneous BP and hemodynamic (blood flow) measurements were obtained in the two ESKD patients:
1) Patient Type A, a 57-yr old male with long-standing hypertension and past medical history of congestive heart failure and
2) Patient Type B, a 26 year old male with long-standing type-1 diabetesmellitus complicated by severe diabetic autonomic neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, and diabetic nephropathy.
Daria Ługowska, Tomasz Ługowski, Olga Krzywińska, Mariusz Kozakiewicz and Paweł Grzelakowski
Hyperb Med. 2005 Jan- Feb;32(1):27-37;
5. Johnson R. Insulin-dependent diabetesmellitus and recreational scuba diving in Australia. Diving Hyperb Med. 2016 Sep;46(3):181-5;
6. Edge CJ, Grieve AP, Gibbons N, O’Sullivan F, Bryson P. Control of blood glucose in a group of diabetic scuba divers. Undersea Hyperb Med. 1997 Sep;24(3):201-7;
7. Adolfsson P, Ornhagen H, Jendle J. The benefits of continuous glucose monitoring and a glucose monitoring schedule in individuals with type 1 diabetes during recreational diving. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2008 Sep;2
Agnieszka Koźmin-Burzyńska, Agnieszka Bratek, Grzegorz Knefel, Krzysztof Krysta, Marek Kawecki and Irena Krupka-Matuszczyk
ONE 8(3): e57058;
7. Cole-King A, Harding KG. Psychological factors and delayed healing in chronic wounds. Psychosom Med. 2001 Mar-Apr;63(2):216-20;
8. Tatoń J. Guidebook for individuals with type2diabetes not requiring insulin treatment. Wydawnictwo Lekarskie PZWL, Warsaw, 2002;
9. Megitt B. Surgical management of the diabetic foot. Br. J. Hosp. Med. 1976;227,216;
10. Wagner W. The dysvascular foot: a system for diagnosis and treatment. Foot Ankle 1981;2,64;
11. Tomaszewski K, Zarychta M, Bieńkowska A, Chmurowicz E, Nowak W, Skalska
Sabina Galiniak, Izabela Krawczyk-Merć and Agnieszka Pedrycz
, Nakagawa M, Ichisaka T, Okita K, Takahashi K et al. Generation of pluripotent stem cells from adult mouse liver and stomach cells. Science 2008; 321(5889):699-702.
76. Cox JL, Rizzino A. Induced pluripotent stem cells: what lies beyond the paradigm shift. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 2010; 235(2):148-58, DOI 10.1258/ebm.2009.009267.
77. Shapiro AM, Lakey JR, Ryan EA, Korbutt GS, Toth E, Warnock GL et al. Islet transplantation in seven patients with type 1 diabetesmellitus using a glucocorticoid-free immunosuppressive regimen. N Engl J Med 2000; 343