from 1990 to 2009. International Journal for Educational and Vocational Guidance , 12(2), 105–122.
33. Strauss, A., & Corbin, J. (1998). Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory (2nd ed). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
34. Suddaby, R. (2006). From the editors: What grounded theory is not. Academy of Management Journal , 49, 633-642.
35. Tesch, R. (1990). Qualitative research: Analysis types and software tool . New York, NY, USA: Falmer.
Teacher. Marzano Research.
Newby, J. et al. (2007) European Portfolio for Student Teachers of Languages: A reflection tool for language teacher education. Available at: http://www.ecml.at/epostl
Píšová, M. ed. (2007). Portfolio v profesní přípravě učitele. Pardubice: Univerzita Pardubice.
Pollard, A. et al. (2008). Reflective Practice: Evidence-informed Professional Practice , London: Continuum,
Richards, J. C. & Lockhart, C. (1994). Reflective Teaching in Second Language Classroom . Cambridge University Press,
Spilková, V. (2007
DEARDORFF, D. K. (2009). Exploring interculturally competent teaching in social sciences classrooms. ELiSS, 2(1). Retrieved May 10, 2011. Available at: http://www.unc.edu/world/Vol2_1_Deardorff.pdf
FANTINI, A. E. (2000). A Central Concern: Developing Intercultural Competence. In A. E. Fantini (Ed.), About Our Institution (pp. 25-42). SIT Occasional Papers Series. Brattleboro, VT: The School for International Training.
FANTINI, A. E. (2006). Assessment Tools of Intercultural Communicative Competence. Retreived August 10, 2013. Available at
Akvilė Virbalienė, Skaidrė Račkauskienė, Jolanta Kasnauskienė and Aldona Šumskienė
The research shows the effects of music therapy on oncological patients. Music therapy is one of the tools that help patients to cope with the stress and improves self-confidence, encourages them to live valuable life. It also has a dramatic effect on quality of life as patients who participate in music therapy sessions start to express their feelings in a more active way and also start to solve their own problems. Moreover, music therapy reduces the level of stress and anxiety in the minds and body, promotes calm state, regulates sleep, stimulates body, improves memory and consciousness. It creates an opportunity for oncological patients to release hidden emotions, express the feelings that are related to the disease, encourages to take an active role in cancer pathway and search for other support sources. The content of this research includes the following problematic question: how has the state of oncological patients changed after participating in music therapy sessions? Research object was the effects of music therapy on oncological patients.The aim of this research was to identify the effects of music therapy on oncological patients.
The research has shown that people after hearing cancer diagnosis usually become anti-social - often separate themselves from society, become desolate, move away from favorite activities, also their emotions may become very feeble. The reaction to diagnosis is caused by a very strong psychological trauma that is explained as extreme stress. The fair of death destroys usual, during a lifetime gained stereotypes and changes the system of life values. Also the researched has proved that the patients as a result of music therapy during and after treatment change attitude towards the disease and start to live a meaningful life in a new high quality way that is based on the strengthened faith in God and appreciation of current moment.
4. Filho, L. W., Caeiro, S., Jabbour, Ch., & Azeiteiro, U. M. (2013). Sustainability Assessment Tools in Higher Education Institutions. Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer International Publishing.
5. Filho, L. W. (2015). Education for Sustainable Development in Higher Education. In Transformative Approaches to Sustainable Development at Universities , 3 – 10. (p. 3-12). Dordrecht, Netherlands: Springer International Publishing.
6. Flowerdew, J. (2013). Discourse in English Language Education. NY: Routledge.
7. Galkutė, L. (2005). Universities