8 ratio is a particular characteristic for acute HP. In chronic forms, there can be a normal CD4/CD8 ratio and an increase in the neutrophil percentage in the BAL fluid. Our patient, with a short-term evolution and HRCT aspect of acute HP, presented a very high proportion of lymphocytes in BAL, with a decreased CD4/CD8 ratio, suggestive of acute HP. Anyway, in children, the ratio can be normally low, due to an increase in CD8, making this diagnostic tool less powerful than in adults ( 9 ).
Pulmonary biopsy is not typically considered necessary for the diagnosis
Carmen Ardelean, Daniel Lighezan, Raluca Morar, Sorin Pescariu and Stefan Mihăicuță
parameters did not reveal statistically significant differences between the two groups, including respiratory events, oxygen desaturation measurements, Epworth somnolence scale and SAS prediction score. Somnolence evaluated with the Epworth scale has a better prediction value when it is included in a validated prediction score ( 9 ).
In comparison with the existing algorithm, SAS score is a more appropriate screening tool for monitoring large populations, due to its improved specificity, but probably because of a small number of patients, it fails to show a significant
real time continuous glucose monitoring system as an educational tool for patients with gestational diabetes. In Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2016 Jul 26;8:48. doi: 10.1186/s13098-016-0161-5. eCollection 2016
25. Poantă L, Porojan M, Clus S, Dumitraşcu DL - Cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in diabetes mellitus..RomJ Intern Med. 2009;47(4):403-7.
Adina Rusu, Ionuţ-Ovidiu Rusu, Amalia Loredana Călinoiu, Lăcrămioara Aurelia Brîndușe and Dana Galieta Mincă
Background and objectives. Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) is a very important outcome in patients with chronic liver disease. Thus, the present study attempts to assess the family quality of life of these patients, since it is well known that families have always represented the primary environment of most people.
Matherial and methods. A sample of 30 participants with a family member who had CLD were recruited to be interviewed through the Romanian adaptation of the Family Quality of Life Survey – general version 2006 (FQOLS-2006), an evaluation tool developed in Canada with the purpose of studying families’ quality of life among. Primary caregivers completed the FQOL Survey. The data was analysed to describe population characteristics and to explore the relationship between the main domains and dimensions of QoL and the patients and caregivers characteristics.
Results. The findings showed highest domain scores for Support from services and Family relationships and lowest for Support from others. Dimension scores were highest for Importance and lowest for Stability. Overall FQOL approximated average (78.5±13.4). Younger patients scored lower rates of FQOL domains. Alcohol-related liver disease led to lower rates of all the domains, except from Support from others and Leisure and Recreation activities. Patients with liver cirrhosis or liver cancer negatively influence their caregiver’s success in career. Also, families of liver cirrhosis patients reported the lowest level of satisfaction among all respondents.
Conclusions. The results of this study suggest that there are some significant areas of family life highly influenced by a chronic liver disease diagnosis in one of their members.
Vesa Cosmin Mihai, Popa Loredana, Dana Zaha, Moisi Mădălina, Jurca Claudia, Ţica Otilia, Popescu Mircea and Popa Amorin Remus
-urban disparities in the prevalence of diabetes and coronary heart disease, Public Health. 2012 Oct;126(10):813-20
5. Public Activity Report Of Bihor's County Public Health Direction On Year 2016
6. Hariri S, Yoon PW, Qureshi N, Valdez R, Scheuner MT, KhouryMJ., Family history of type 2 diabetes: a population-based screening tool for prevention?, Genet Med. 2006 Feb;8(2):102-8.
7. Michael J. Fowler, Microvascular and Macrovascular Complications of Diabetes, Clinical Diabetes 2008 Apr; 26(2): 77-82
8. Huang Y, Cai X, Mai W, Li M, Hu Y, Association between
Mădălina Ababei, Alexandru Câmpeanu, Diana Nistorescu, Ondin Zaharia, Paul Portelli and Tiberiu Nanea
, Stroger JH. Prognostic Significance of Carbohydrate Antigen 125 in Patients With Heart Failure and Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55(10):A30.E292. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(10)60293-8
10. Nunez J, Minana G, Nunez E, Sanchis J. Antigen carbohydrate 125 in heart failure: A promising clinical tool. Int J Cardiol. 2011;150(3):369-370. doi:10.1016/j.ijcard.2011.05.089
11. Sánchez-Marteles M, Rubio Gracia J, Giménez López I. Pathophysiology of acute heart failure: a world to know. Rev Clin Esp. 2015;216(1):38-46. doi:10.1016/j.rce.2015
gelatinase-associated lipocalin (CSA-NGAL) score: A potential tool to monitor acute tubular damage J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016 Jun;151(6):1476-81. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2016.01.037. Epub 2016 Feb 12.
18. Dent C et all Plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin predicts acute kidney injury, morbidity and mortality after pediatric cardiac surgery: a prospective uncontrolled cohort study Crit Care. 2007; 11(6): R127.Published online 2007 Dec 10. doi: 10.1186/cc6192
19. Klein S, Biomarkers for prediction of renal replacement therapy in acute kidney injury
M. Ababei, A. Câmpeanu, D. Nistorescu, O. Zaharia, P Portelli, M. Dobroiu and T. Nanea
. 2010;55(10):A30.E292. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(10)60293-8.
19. Nunez J, Minana G, Nunez E, Sanchis J. Antigen carbohydrate 125 in heart failure: A promising clinical tool. Int J Cardiol. 2011;150(3):369-370. doi:10.1016/j.ijcard.2011.05.089.
20. Sánchez-Marteles M, Rubio Gracia J, Giménez López I. Pathophysiology of acute heart failure: a world to know. Rev Clin Esp. 2015;216(1):38-46. doi:10.1016/j.rce.2015.09.010.
21. Nunez J, Merlos P, Facila L, et al. Prognostic effect of carbohydrate antigen 125-guided therapy in patients recently discharged for acute