Dubravka Zlatarć, Josip Pandurć, Mirko Koršić and Damir Dodig
prevention of osteoporosis. In: Riggs BL, Melton LJ, urednici. Osteoporosis: Ethiology, Diagnosis and Management. New York (NY): Raven Press ; 1995. str. 333.
Bras J, Van Ooij CP, Abraham-Inpijin L, Kusen GJ, Wilmink JM. Radiographic interpretation of the mandibular angular cortex: a diagnostic tool in metabolic bone loss. Part I. Normal state and postmenopausal osteoporosis. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol 1982;53:541-5.
Ledgerton D, Horner K, Devlin H, Worthington H. Radiomorphometric indices of the mandible in a
Ivica Prlić, Ana Mostečak, Marija Surić Mihić, Želimir Veinović and Luka Pavelić
;99:1364-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jenvrad.2007.11.019
4. Brown JE, Alfonso B, Avila R, Beresford NA, Copplestone D, Hosseini A. A new version of the ERICA tool to facilitate impact assessments of radioactivity on wild plants and animals. J Environ Radioact 2016;153:141-8. doi: 10.1016/j. jenvrad.2015.12.011
5. United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR). Sources and Effects of Ionizing Radiation. UNSCEAR 2008 report to the General Assembly with Scientific Annexes. Vol II. Annex E, Effect of Ionizing Radiation on
the availabilities and usage of modern shielding tools (IBS) and CRS for patients undergoing CT exams in five hospitals in Ahvaz, Iran.
Materials and methods
We conducted an observational cross-sectional study as an audit or service evaluation in five hospitals in Ahvaz, Iran including three teaching and two general hospitals, during August 2014 to September 2014. Ahvaz is a regional provincial capital in the south-west of Iran. Six radiology technologist students agreed to participate in this audit. After preliminary coordination and training, the students
P Karimzadeh, S Parvizi Omran, H Ghaedi and MD Omrani
results with the reference wild-type sequence (GenBank CHRNE accession numbers: NM_000080.3) using the Finch TV program (version 1.4.0; Geospiza Inc., Seattle, WA, USA).
Bioinformatics Analysis . To predict the possible structural and functional effects of the newly identified mutation in the CHRNE gene, the PolyPhen (Polymorphism phenotyping-2) [ 5 ], MutationTaster [ 6 ] and SIFT (Sorting Intolerant from Tolerant) [ 7 ] programs were used. These are the most frequently used tools for variant effect prediction. In order to classify the mutation, we used the 2015
W Huang, J Wang, M Pang, Q Zhao, L Kong, Y Mao, W Li and Β Liang
al. Array-CGH analysis in patients with syndromic and non-syndromic XY gonadal dysgenesis: Evaluation of array CGH as diagnostic tool and search for new candidate loci. Hum Reprod. 2010; 25(10): 2637-2646. 20685758 10.1093/humrep/deq167
Ledig S Hiort O Scherer G Wolff G Morlot S Kuechler A et al Array-CGH analysis in patients with syndromic and non-syndromic XY gonadal dysgenesis: Evaluation of array CGH as diagnostic tool and search for new candidate loci Hum Reprod 2010 25 10 2637 2646
14 Ledig S, Schippert C, Strick R
V Tasic, A Mitrotti, FG Riepe, AE Kulle, N Laban, M Polenakovic, D Plaseska-Karanfilska, S Sanna-Cherchi, M Kostovski and Z Gucev
(8): 742-754. 10.1056/NEJMoa1609009
Lopez-Rivera E Liu YP Verbitsky M Anderson BR Capone VP Otto EA et al Genetic drivers of kidney defects in the DiGeorge syndrome Ν Engl J Med 2017 376 8 742 754
36 Purcell S, Neale B, Todd-Brown Κ, Thomas L, Ferreira MA, Bender D, et al. PLINK: A tool set for whole-genome association and population-based linkage analyses. Am J Hum Genet. 2007; 81(3): 559-575. 17701901 10.1086/519795
Purcell S Neale B Todd-Brown Κ Thomas L Ferreira MA Bender D et al PLINK: A tool set
Angel M. Dzhambov, Karamfil M. Bahchevanov, Kostadin A. Chompalov and Penka A. Atanassova
2019;16(10):pii: E1790. doi: 10.3390/ijerph16101790
23. Chandler MJ, Lacritz LH, Hynan LS, Barnard HD, Allen G, Deschner M, Weiner MF, Cullum CM. A total score for the CERAD neuropsychological battery. Neurology 2005;65:102–6. doi: 10.1212/01.wnl.0000167607.63000.38
24. Nasreddine ZS, Phillips NA, Bédirian V, Charbonneau S, Whitehead V, Collin I, Cummings JL, Chertkow H. The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, MoCA: a brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment. J Am Geriatr Soc 2005;53:695–9. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.53221.x
25. Larner AJ
The objective of this review was to highlight the importance of early fetal ultrasound screening in identifying rare chromosomal abnormalities and to present the array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) as a valuable clinical diagnostic tool that allows rapid and precise identification of chromosomal abnormalities. The purpose of this study was a comprehensive review of the literature regarding prenatal tetrasomy 9p syndrome with comparison of fetal abnormalities seen in different stages of fetal development. In addition, the comparison of mosaic vs . non
Transnasal esophagoscopy (TNE) is a tool for otolaryngologists that is emerging for examination of the upper aerodigestive tract [ 1 ]. The feasibility and practicality of TNE for screening of head and neck cancer is useful for in-office examination without sedation [ 2 - 4 ]. Compared with conventional techniques, TNE has comparable diagnostic accuracy and patient tolerance [ 5 , 6 ]. A small caliber flexible endoscope with distal-chip technology allows more complete evaluations of patients with dysphagia, second primary cancers or laryngopharyngeal reflux by
millions of expression profiles-database and tools update. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007; 35(Database issue):D760-5.
5. Barrett T, Suzek TO, Troup DB, Wilhite SE, Ngau WC, Ledoux P, et al. NCBI GEO: mining millions of expression profiles-database and tools. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005; 33(Database issue):D562-6.
6. Butte AJ. Translational bioinformatics applications in genome medicine. Genome Med. 2009; 1:64.
7. Pyeon D, Newton MA, Lambert PF, den Boon JA, Sengupta S, Marsit CJ, et al. Fundamental differences in cell cycle