J. Pivko, P. Makovický, A. Makarevich, A. Sirotkin, P. Makovický and E. Kubovičová
. Li, M., Song, J., Mirkov, S., Xiao, S. Y., Hart, J., Liu, W., 2011: Comparing morphometric, biochemical and visual measurements of macrovesicular steatosis of liver. Hum. Pathol., 42, 356-360.
18. Mak, K. M., Kwong, A. J., Chu, E., Hoo, N. M., 2012: Hepatic steatosis, fibrosis and cancer in elderly cadavers. Anat. Rec., 295, 40-50.
19. Makovicky, P., Dudova, M., Tumova, E., Rajmon, R., Vodkova, Z., 2011: Experimental study of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) on a model of starving chickens: is generalization of steatosis
Jolanta Zalejska–Fiolka, Aleksandra Kasperczyk, Sławomir Kasperczyk, Barbara Stawiarska-Pięta, Rafał Fiolka and Ewa Birkner
1. Bandsma R.H., Wiegman C.H., Herling A.W., Burger H.J., ter Harmsel A., Meijer A.J., Romjin J.A., Reijngoud D.J., Kuipers F.: Acute inhibition of glucose- 6-phoshpate translocator acitvity leads to increase de novo lipogenesis and development of hepatic steatosis without VLDL production in rats. Diabetes 2001, 50, 2591-2597.
2. Champe P.C., Harvey R.A.: Biochemistry, Philadelphia, USA, 1994.
3. Choe E., Min D.B.: Chemistry of deep-fat frying oils. J Food Sci 2007, 72 77
established as the gold standard for diagnosis of hepatic steatosis ( 4 ). However, due to its invasive diagnostic nature it is not suitable procedure in routine everyday praxis. Therefore, it has been replaced with abdominal ultrasonography, as the commonest technique for NAFLD assessment in clinical trials. In line with this, Bedogni et al. ( 5 ) derived fatty liver index (FLI), an algorithm based on body mass index (BMI), waist circumference (WC), triglycerides (TG) and gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), as a simple and accurate predictor of NAFLD. An FLI score ≥60 has
, Li AM, Chu WC, et al. Hepatic steatosis in obese Chinese children. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2004; 28: 1257-63.
22. Tazawa Y, Noguchi H, Nishinomiya F, Takada G. Serum alanine aminotransferase activity in obese children. Acta Pediatr 1997; 86: 238-41.
23. Monteiro PA, Mota J, Silveria LS, Cayre SU, de Moura M Antunes B, Araujo Fernandes R, Freitas jr IF. Morpho - logical and metabolic determinants of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in obese youth: A pilot study. BMC res Notes 2013; 6: 89-84.
24. Utzschneider KM
Emina Čolak, Dragana Pap, Nada Majkić-Singh and Ivana Obradović
10. Chan DF, Li AM, Chu WC, Chan MH, Wong EM, Liu EK, et al. Hepatic steatosis in obese Chinese children. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2004; 28: 1257-63.
11. Roberts EA. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) in children. Front Biosci 2005; 10: 2306-18.
12. Franzese A, Vajro P Argenziano A, Puzziello A, Iannucci MP Saviano MC, et al. Liver involvement in obese children. Ultrasonography and liver enzyme levels at diagnosis and during follow-up in an Italian population. Dig Dis Sci 1997; 42: 1428-32.
13. Oliveira AC
Iva Perovic Blagojevic, Tatjana Eror, Jovana Pelivanovic, Svetlana Jelic, Jelena Kotur-Stevuljevic and Svetlana Ignjatovic
Hepatology 2007; 47: 412–7.
9. Xiang S, Hua F, Chen L, Tang Y, Jiang X, Liu Z. Lipid Accumulation Product is Related to Metabolic Syndrome in Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. Exp Clin End Diab 2013; 121: 115–8.
10. Sert A, Pirgon O, Aypar E, Yilmaz H, Dündar B. Relationship between aspartate aminotransferase-to-platelet ratio index and carotid intima-media thickness in obese adolescents with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. J Clin Res Ped End 2013; 5: 182–8.
11. Lee JH, Kim D, Kim HJ, Lee CH, Yang JI, Kim W, et al. Hepatic steatosis index: A simple
Fereshteh Aliasghari, Azimeh Izadi, Masoumeh Jabbari, Bahareh Imani, Bahram Pourghassem Gargari, Foad Asjodi and Sara Ebrahimi
. Inflammation as a potential link between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and insulin resistance. Journal of Endocrinology 2013; 218(3): R25–R36.
18. Al Rifai M, Silverman MG, Nasir K, Budoff MJ, Blankstein R, Szklo M, et al. The association of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity, and metabolic syndrome, with systemic inflammation and subclinical atherosclerosis: the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). Atherosclerosis 2015; 239(2): 629–33.
19. Ramadan RA. Serum vaspin and insulin resistance: predictors of steatosis and fibrosis in Egyptian
Publishers, Inc., 10, 4, 251—266.
14. Donohue Jr., T. M., 2007: Alcohol-induced steatosis in liver cells. World Journal of Gastroenterology , 13, 37, 4974—4978. DOI: 10.3748/wjg.v13.i37.4974.
15. Dosumu, O. O., Osinubi, A. A. A., Duru, F. I. O., 2014: Alcohol induced testicular damage: Can abstinence equal recovery ? Middle East Fertility Society Journal , 19, 3, 221—228. DOI: 10.1016/j.mefs.2014.01.003.
16. Dupont, I., Bodenez, P., Berthou, F., Simon, B., Bardou, L. G., Lucas, D., 2000: Cytochrome P-450 2E1 activity and oxidative stress in alcoholic
Aleksandra Klisic, Gordana Kocic, Nebojsa Kavaric, Radmila Pavlovic, Ivan Soldatovic and Ana Ninic
without MetS (n=58) and a group with MetS (n=51).
Exclusion criteria for all potential participants were: hsCRP >10 mg/L, acute inflammatory disease, diabetes mellitus, liver diseases other than steatosis, kidney diseases, malignant diseases, gout, ethanol consumption >20 g/day, pregnancy, as well as unwillingness to participate in the study.
The Ethical Committee of the Primary Health Care Center in Podgorica, Montenegro approved the study protocol. All the volunteers provided signed informed consent, and the research was carried out in compliance with the