Tine Tesovnik, Jernej Kovac, Tinka Hovnik, Primoz Kotnik, Tadej Battelino and Katarina Trebusak Podkrajsek
/telomerase system in autoimmune and systemic immune-mediated diseases. Autoimmun Rev 2010; 9: 646-51.
12. Chakhtoura M, Azar ST. The role of vitamin d deficiency in the incidence, progression, and complications of Type 1 diabetes mellitus. Int J Endocrinol 2013: 148673. Epub 2013 Mar 13.
13. Drobnič Radobuljac M, Bratina N, Tomori M, Battelino T. Type 1 diabetes and psychosocial risk factors in adolescence. Zdrav Vest 2012; 81: 664-75.
14. American Diabetes Association. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes
Tanja Pate, Miha Rutar, Tadej Battelino, Maja Drobnič Radobuljac and Nataša Bratina
new cases 2005-20: a multicentre prospective registration study. Lancet 2009; 373: 2027-33.
7. Bratina N, editor. Sladkorčki: vse, kar ste želeli vedeti o sladkorni bolezni. Ljubljana: Društvo za pomoč otrokom s presnovnimi motnjami, 2012.
8. DCCT Research Group. The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med 1993; 329: 977-86.
9. Delamater AM. Psychological care of children and adolescents with diabetes
Cirila Hlastan Ribič, Jožica Maučec Zakotnik, Barbara Koroušić Seljak, Rok Poličnik, Urška Blaznik, Nataša Fidler Mis, Ivan Eržen, Chen Ji and Francesco P. Cappucio
stones and bone metabolism. J Nephrol 2000; 13: 169-77
7. Jones-Burton C, Mishra SI, Fink JC, Brown J, Gossa W, Bakris GL et al. An in-depth review of the evidence linking dietary salt intake and progression of chronic kidney disease. Am J Nephrol 2006; 26: 268-75.
8. Teucher B, Dainty JR, Spinks CA et al. Sodium and bone health: the impact of moderately high and low salt intakes on calcium metabolism in postmenopausal women. J Bone Miner Res 2008; 23: 1477-85.
9. Dyer AR, Elliott P, Shipley M, Stamler R, Stamler J. Body
Lucia Maria Lotrean, Ilse Mesters, Carmen Ionut and Hein de Vries
29. Piperakis SM, Garagouni-Araiou F, Argyracouli E. A survey on smoking habits and attitudes among adolescents in Greece. Int J Adolesc Med Health 2008; 20: 63-71.
30. Wang MQ, Fitzhugh EC, Green BL, Turner LW, Eddy JM, Westerfield RC. Prospective social psychological factors of adolescent smoking progression. J Adolesc Health 1999; 24: 2-9.
31. Engels RCME, Knibbe RA, Drop MJ, De Haan YT. Homogeneity of cigarette smoking within peer groups: influence or selection? Health Educ Behav 1997; 24: 801-11.
32. Kremers SPJ
studies that physical activity not only delays but also prevents or reverses frailty. For instance, a recent observational study ( 14 ) showed that physical activity might attenuate frailty. Mild physical activity was insufficient to significantly slow the progression of frailty, moderate physical activity reduced the progression of frailty in some age groups (particularly ages 65 and above) and vigorous activity significantly reduced the trajectory of frailty progression in all older adults.
A dose-response relationship has been shown in several studies. Higher
Sanela Slavkovic, Spela Golubovic, Matilda Vojnovic and Congor Nadj
general population ( 15 , 16 ) and, therefore, a person with low level of physical activity is considered to have a sedentary lifestyle ( 17 ). Mobility problems lead to reduced activity (overall participation), while maintained mobility (walking ability) facilitates performance of daily activities and social activities with family and friends ( 18 ). Very often, patients themselves notice their reduced capacity for walking ( 19 ). Progression of the disease further worsens and reduces speed of gait, as a result of increased spasticity and other indicators of impaired
Rade Iljaz, Matic Meglič, Davorina Petek, Marko Kolšek and Tonka Poplas Susič
communication between doctors and patients in Europe: status and perspectives. J Med Internet Res 2010; 12: e2.
10. Lium JT, Faxvaag A. Removal of paper-based health records from Norwegian hospitals: effects on clinical workflow. Stud Health Technol Inform 2006; 124: 1031.
11. Hippisley-Cox J, Pringle M, Cater R, Wynn A, Hammersley V et al. The electronic patient record in primary care-regression or progression?: a cross sectional study. BMJ 2003; 326: 1439-43.
12. Bates DW, Teich JM, Lee J, Seger D, Kuperman GJ, Ma’Luf N et al
Nataša Bratina, Shlomit Shalitin, Moshe Phillip and Tadej Battelino
dependent diabetes in Slovenia. Zdrav Vest 1990; 59: 67-9.
11. Matajc L. Diabetes mellitus infantilis et juvenilis . Sladkorčki 1979: 1-49.
12. DCCT Research Group. The effect of intensive diabetes treatment on the development and progression of long-term complications in adolescents with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: the diabetes control and complications trial. J Pediatr 1994; 125: 177-88.
13. Danne T, Bangstad HJ, Deeb L, Jarosz-Chobot P, Mungaie L, Saboo B. et al. Insulin treatment in children and adolescents with
Dent CW, Sussman S, Stacy AW, Craig S, Burton D, Flay BR. Two-year behavior outcomes of Project Towards No Tobacco Use. J Consult Clin Psychol 1995; 63:676-7.
Scheier LM, Botvin GJ, Griffin KW. Preventive intervention effects on developmental progression in drug use: structural equation modelling analysis using longitudinal data. Prev Sci 2001; 2(2): 91-112.
Josendal O, Aaro LE, Bergh I. Effects of a school-based smoking prevention program among subgroups of adolescents. Health Educ Res 1998; 13: 215
Draženka Pongrac Barlovič, Andrej Zavratnik, Aleš Skvarča, Karmen Janša, Bojana Vukelič, Marjeta Tomažič and Maja Ravnik Oblak
the American Diabetes Association and The Endocrine Society Diabetes Care 2013 36 1384 95
14 DCCT study group. The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. N Engl J Med 1993; 329: 977-86. DCCT study group. The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus N Engl J Med 1993 329 977 86
15 Peene B, D’Hooge D, Vandebrouck T, Mathieu C. Patient