Črtomir Matejek, Jurij Planinšec, Samo Fošnarič and Rado Pišot
, Flouris AD, Tokmakidis SP. Obesity and physical fitness of pre-adolescent children during the academic year and the summer period: effects of organized physical activity. J Child Health Care 2006; 10: 199-212.
14. Planinšec J, Fošnarič S. Relationship of perceived physical self-concept and physical activity level and sex among young children. Percept Mot Skills 2005; 100: 349-53.
15. Adam C, Klissouras V, Ravazzolo M, Renson R, Tuxworth W. Eurofit: European test of physical fitness. Rome: Council of Europe, Committee for the Development
Jan Grosek, Jurij Aleš Košir, Jerica Novak, Mirko Omejc, Aleš Tomažič and Gregor Norčič
resection with or without radiotherapy for non-disseminated disease ( 11 ). The LARSS evaluates the five most bothersome issues that patients with LARS have: incontinence for flatus, incontinence for liquid stool, frequency, clustering and urgency ( 11 ). The LARSS has already been validated in many European and Asian countries ( 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 ). Reproducibility of the questionnaire was confirmed with test-retest studies, which have all yielded an intraclass correlation coefficient higher than the acceptable level of 0.80 ( 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 ).
In 2015, 388
Peter Bakalár, Martin Zvonar, Jaromir Sedlacek, Rut Lenkova, Peter Sagat, Lubos Vojtasko, Erika Liptakova and Miroslava Barcalova
academic year), 13.6% of males and 29.7% of females were irregularly or not attracted to structured physical activity, which is less than in S1 for males and females. The difference between the two independent groups (S1 and S2) was statistically significant ( Table 2 ). If we consider the performance of structured physical activity 1 times a week as insufficient, we can say that most of our students were not physically active at the beginning of the academic year (52.1% of males and 76.5% of females).
T-tests between S1 and S2 regarding gender and year
Miha Lucovnik, Gregor Starc, Petra Golja, Ivan Verdenik and Irena Stucin Gantar
physical development. Every April, qualified physical education teachers perform the measurements in all primary and secondary schools, following the official measurement protocol. The SLOfit test battery includes eight motor tests (arm-plate tapping, standing long jump, polygon course backwards, sit-ups, standing reach touch, bent arm hang, 60-meter run and 600-meter run), as well as measurements of child’s height, weight and triceps skinfold thickness. Measurements are always organized in school gyms between 08:00 and 14:00. Subjects are weighed barefoot in their
Vesna Leskošek, Miha Lučovnik, Lucija Pavše, Tanja Premru Sršen, Megie Krajnc, Ivan Verdenik and Vislava Globevnik Velikonja
Violence against women during pregnancy attracted much professional attention in the past decades and became an important research topic in medicine as well. The reason is primarily the growing awareness of the multiple effects of violence on the physical and mental health of women and children. The World Health Organisation (WHO) studies on intimate partner violence (IPV) indicate that, on the global level, the average incidence of violence during pregnancy is between 4% and 12%. These estimates vary significantly between countries ranging
DR. Greather rate of decline in maximal aerobic capacity with age in physical active vs. Sedentary health women. J Appl Physiol 1997; 83(6): 1947-53.
Lakka HM, Laaksonen DE, Lakka TA, Niskanen LK, Kumpusalo E, Tuomilehto J, Salonen JT. The metabolic syndrome and total and cardiovascular disease mortality in middle-aged men. JAMA 2003; 288(21): 2709-16.
Terry T, Huang K, Ball BC, Franks PW. Metabolic syndrom in youth: current issues and challenges. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 2007; 32: 13
Mateja Videmšek, Jože Štihec, Damir Karpljuk, Maja Meško, Jera Gregorc and Naja Videmšek
JC, Duarte JA. Patterns of daily physical activity during school days in children and adolescents. Am J Hum Biol 2003; 15(Suppl 4): 547-53.
8. Abernethy L, MacAuley D, McNally O, McCann S. Immediate care of school injury. Inj Prev 2003; 9: 270-3.
9. Videmšek M, Štihec J, Karpljuk D, Meško M. Poškodbe otrok pri gibalnih/ športnih dejavnostih v vrtcu. Sodob Pedagog 2009; 60(Suppl 3): 100-13.
10. Hergenroeder AC. Prevention of Sports Injuries. Pediatrics 1998; 101(Suppl 6): 1057-63.
11. Knight S, Vernon
Sandra Planinšek, Branko Škof, Bojan Leskošek, Martina Žmuc Tomori and Maja Pori
4. United States Department of Health and Human Services. Pridobljeno 5. 8. 2011 s spletne strani: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/phys/phys_what.html.
5. American College of Spots Medicine. ACSM's guidelines for exercise testing and prescription. 8th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2010.
6. Craike MJ, Coleman D, MacMahon C. Direct and buffering effects of physical activity on stress-related depression in mothers of infants. J Sport Exerc Psychol 2010; 32: 23-38.
Polona Selič, Maša Serec, Davorina Petek and Maja Makovec
A. Associations of self-rated health with different forms of leisure activities among ageing people. Int J Public Health 2008; 53 (5): 227-35.
Shirom A, Toker S, Berliner S, Shapira I, Melamed S. The effects of physical fitness and feeling vigorous on self-rated health. Health Psychol 2008; 27 (5): 567-75.
Emmelin M, Weinehall L, Stegmayr B, Dahlgren L, Stenlund H, Wall S. Self-rated ill-health strengthens the effect of biomedical risk factors in predicting stroke, especially for men - an incident case referent
1. Gerber M, Pühse U. Do exercise and fitness protect against stressinduced health complaints?: a review of the literature. Scand J Public Health 2009; 37: 801-19.
2. Van Der Horst K, Paw MJ, Twisk JW, Van Mechelen WA. A brief review on correlates of physical activity and sedentariness in youth. Med Sci Sport Exerc 2007; 39: 1241-50.
3. Janssen I. Physical activity guidelines for children and youth. Appl Physiol Nutr Metabol 2007; 32(Suppl 2E): S109-21.
4. Eime RM, Young JA, Harvey JT