Researchers have investigated the relationship between emotional intelligence (EI) and psychological wellbeing in a number of ways and from different disciplinary perspectives, examining various associations with other variables. The researchers within the field of sport and exercise psychology have focused on potential mediating variables which can account for this relationship, for instance, perceived social support ( Roohafza et al., 2016 ; Smith et al., 1995 ) and perceivedstress ( Laborde et al., 2016 ; Raedeke and Smith, 2004 ; Roohafza
Maria S. Manolova, Vesela P. Stefanova, Ivan V. Panayotov, Guilhem Romieu, Ani B. Belcheva, Kremena B. Markova and Bernard Levallois
1. Atkinson JM, Millar K, Kay EJ, et al. Stress in dental practice. Dent Update 1991;3:60-4.
2. Sanders AE, Lushington K. Effect of perceivedstress on student performance in dental school. J Dent Educ 2002;66(1):75-81.
3. Ross SE, Niebling BC, Heckert TM. Sources of stress among college students. College Student Journal 1999;33(2):312-8.
4. Burke FJ, Maine JR, Freeman R. The practice of dentistry: an assessment of reasons for premature retirement. Br Dent J 1997
Maja Racic, Radica Todorovic, Nedeljka Ivkovic, Srdjan Masic, Bojan Joksimovic and Milan Kulic
demanding, and students perceive it as a source of significant psychological and emotional distress ( 12 - 20 ).
Previous studies have shown that students who chose medical profession because they wish to help people have greater predisposition to the stress over the students driven by professional respect or material benefit ( 21 ). Besides being exposed to academic-related stress, caused by curriculum overload, constant assessments, little time available or variable hour shift for clinical rotations ( 22 ), health professions students also encounter occupational
Filipe Manuel Clemente, Bruno Mendes, Sarah da Glória Teles Bredt, Gibson Moreira Praça, André Silvério, Sandro Carriço and Emanuel Duarte
2.49 a,d [2.42;2.56]
1.79 b [1.75;1.84]
1.70 a,f [1.66;1.73]
1.79 b [1.74;1.84]
2.67 b,e,f [2.61;2.74]
2.50 a,f [2.44;2.55]
2.49 f [2.41;2.58]
2.49 a,f [2.41;2.56]
2.28 a,b,c,e [2.22;2.34]
Legend: Significant different from M-4 a ; M-3 b ; M-2 c ; M-1 d ; M-0 e ; M f
This study aimed to compare the perceived training load (internal load) and wellness status between training sessions and matches in
Maria S. Manolova, Vessela P. Stefanova, Neshka A. Manchorova-Veleva, Ivan V. Panayotov, Bernard Levallois, Paul Tramini and Valerie Orti
4. Krohne, H.W. Stress and Coping Theories. Johannes Gutenberg-Universitat Mainz Germany 2002.
5. Lazarus, R. S. Psychological stress and the coping process. New York: McGraw-Hill 1966.
6. Lazarus R.S. Emotion and adaption. Oxford: Oxford University Press 1991.
7. Phillips A.C. PerceivedStress. In: Gellman M.D., Turner J.R. (eds) Encyclopedia of Behavioral Medicine 2013. Springer, New York, NY
8. Manolova MS, Manchorova NA, Markova KB, et al. Stress and dental education. Dental Magazine 2015;3:42-5.
9. Pohlmann K, Jonas I, Ruf S, et
; 20: 178-187.
11. Dewa CS, Thompson AH, Jacobs P. Relationships between job stress and worker perceived responsibilities and job characteristics Int J Occup Environ Med 2011; 2: 37-46.
12. Calnan M, Wadsworth E, May M, Smith A, Wainwright D. Job strain, effort - reward imbalance, and stress at work: competing or complementary models? Scand J Public Health 2004; 32: 84-93.
13. Sein MM, Howteerakul N, Suwannapong N, Jirachewee J. Job strain among rubber-glove-factory workers in central Thailand. Industrial Health 2010
Iwona Lisowska, Magdalena Lewicka, Magdalena Sulima, Weronika Topyła, Dominik Ruta and Artur Wdowiak
sobie ze stresem kobiet we wczesnym połogu. J Public Health Nurs Med Rescue. 2015;4:38-43.
8. Walker LO, Xie B, Hendrickson SG, Sterling BS. Behavioral and psychosocial health of new mothers and associations with contextual factors and perceived health. J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2016;45(1):3.
9. Cheng CY, Pickler RH. Perinatal stress, fatigue, depressive symptoms, and immune modulation in late pregnancy and one month postpartum. Scientific World Journal. 2014;65(2):63-70.
10. Rutkowska A, Rolińska A, Kwaśniewski W
Robert Čecho, Viera Švihrová, Dominika Čecho, Martin Novák and Henrieta Hudečková
employed at kindergarten schools, we decided to include an analysis of women only. The data was obtained from March to October 2017. Selected socio-demographics characteristics included gender, age, education level achieved and years of experience. Perceived individual-level of occupational stress was assessed by a Meister questionnaire and a modified questionnaire of psychosocial risks. The Meister questionnaire provides mental load evaluation among discrepant occupations. A Slovak version of the questionnaire is validated and approved by the Slovak Ministry of Health
). Dialysis water and fluid purity: more than endotoxin. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 27(11), 4010-21. DOI: 10.1093/ndt/gfs306.
11. Aziz MA, Majeed GH, Diab KS, et al. (2016). The association of oxidant-antioxidant status in patients with chronic renal failure. Ren Fail. 38(1), 20-6. DOI: 10.3109/0886022X.2015.1103654.
12. Handelman GJ. (2007). Vitamin C deficiency in dialysis patients - are we perceiving the tip of an iceberg? Nephrol Dial Transplant. 22(2), 328-31. DOI: 10.1093/ndt/gfl534.
13. Zalba G, Fortuño A, Diez J. (2006). Oxidative stress and
Nurka Pranjic, Juan Manuel Garcia Gonzales and Ljiljana Cvejanov-Kezunović
ability to work is closely related to the possibility to increase quality of work, improve quality of life and well-being among employees, thereby decreasing the likelihood of their early retirement, decreasing absenteeism, as well increasing motivation and productiveness in employees of all ages ( 8 ).
The most studied demographic factor regarding WAI was age, and some authors reported a decreased WAI with ageing ( 9 , 10 , 11 ). In the Finish Health 2000 survey, nearly half of young adults perceived their work ability as excellent compared to 8% of 55-64 year