Elena Bălăşescu, Mirela Cioplea, Alice Brînzea, Roxana Nedelcu, Sabina Zurac and Daniela Adriana Ion
4. BATUMAN V, SOMAN A, SCHMIDT R, SOMAN S. Diabetic Nephropathy. [cited 07.05.2015] Available from: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/238946-overview.
5. ADA, Standards of medical care in diabetes-2015 abridged for primary care providers. Clin Diabetes. 2015; 33(2): 97-111.
6. HOTCHKISS RS, STRASSER A, McDUNN JE, SWANSON PE. Cell death. N Engl J Med. 2009; 361(16): 1570-83.
7. ELMORE S. Apoptosis: a review of programmed cell death. Toxicol Pathol. 2007; 35(4): 495-516.
Alexandru Florin Rogobete, Ovidiu Horea Bedreag, Sonia Elena Popovici, Adriana Mariana Sas, Adrian Tudor Stan, Emil Robert Stoicescu and Dorel Sandesc
Critically Ill Polytrauma Patients. Clin Lab. 2016;8:1-7. doi: 10.7754/Clin.Lab.2016.160121.
12. Abdelmohsen K, Srikantan S, Kang M-J, Gorospe M. Regulation of senescence by microRNA biogenesis factors. Ageing Res Rev. 2012;11:491-500. doi: 10.1016/j.arr.2012.01.003.
13. Papurica M, Rogobete AF, Sandesc D, et al. The Expression of Nuclear Transcription Factor Kappa B (NF-KB) in the Case of Critically Ill Polytrauma Patients with Sepsis and Its Interactions with microRNAs. Biochem Genet. 2016;54:337–347. doi: 10.1007/s10528-016-9727-z.
14. Bedreag OH
Chuan Li, Lili Qu, Cullen Farragher, Anthony Vella and Beiyan Zhou
facilitate the induction of genes under the regulation of PPARγ.[ 57 ] Similarly, liver X receptors (LXRs; nuclear transcription factors that heterodimerize with the retinoid X receptor RXRα) contribute to reduced pro-inflammatory signaling.[ 58 , 59 , 60 ] Indeed, LXRs have long been recognized for their role in the amelioration of autoimmune diseases and regression of atherosclerotic plaques, which are extensively orchestrated by M2 macrophages.[ 61 , 62 ]
In recent years, increasing evidence supports the critical roles of miRNAs in regulating macrophage activation
Gytis Grigaliūnas, Lina Gumbienė, Nomeda Valevičienė, Mindaugas Matačiūnas, Virgilijus Tarutis, Germanas Marinskis and Audrius Aidietis
 Khairy P, Landzberg MJ, Gatzoulis MA, Lucron H, Lambert J, Marçon F, et al. Value of programmed ventricular stimulation after tetralogy of Fallot repair: a multicenter study. Circulation 2004;109:1994–2000.
 Khairy P. Programmed ventricular stimulation for risk stratification in patients with tetralogy of Fallot: a Bayesian perspective. Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2007;4:292–3.
 Roos-Hesselink J, Perlroth MG, McGhie J, Spitaels S. Atrial arrhythmias in adults after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: Correlations with clinical, exercise
Justin S. Michael, Bong-Seop Lee, Miqin Zhang and John S. Yu
blood vessels of human glioblastoma multiforme. Acta Neuropathol 2000;100:323-31. 10.1007/s004010000180 Liebner S Fischmann A Rascher G Duffner F Grote EH Kalbacher H et al Claudin-1 and claudin-5 expression and tight junction morphology are altered in blood vessels of human glioblastoma multiforme Acta Neuropathol 2000 100 323 – 31
8 Argaw AT, Zhang Y, Snyder BJ, Zhao ML, Kopp N, Lee SC, et al . IL-1beta regulates blood-brain barrier permeability via reactivation of the hypoxia-angiogenesis program. J Immunol 2006;177:5574-84. 10.4049/jimmunol
-aminohippurate (PAH) or a radioisotope tracer. Although PAH still remains a gold standard, the technical difficulties associated with its use have limited its routine application in the clinic, although it is commonly used for research. Nuclear medicine based techniques also pose problems such as requiring time for excretion of the injected radioisotopes out of the body, and concerns regarding radioisotope exposure. Against this backdrop, CEUS offers a novel approach for RBF evaluation, without the above-mentioned concerns, as it appears to be fast, noninvasive, and safe