Report on the Global HIV/AIDS Epidemic. UNAIDS: Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, 2000.
Fauci JV. Editorial: Twenty five years of HIV/AIDS. Science. 2006; pp: 313-409.
World Health Organization. World's AIDS and Tuberculosis Situation. Tuberculosis Department, WHO, Geneva, 2005.
Palella Jr. FA, Delany KM, Moorman AC. Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced HIV infection. N Engl J Med. 1998
Maha I. A. Moaty, Salwa M. El Shebini, Magda S. Mohamed, Nihad H. A. El-Arabi, Salwa T. Tapozada and Laila M. Hanna
report of National cholesterol Education program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluations, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) Final Report. Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3221.
8. Wagner AM,Perez A, Zapico E, Ordonezuanos J. Non-H DL cholesterol and apolipoprotein B in the dyslipidemic classification of type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care. 2003; 26: 2048-2051.
9. Pischon T, Girman GJ, Sacks FM, Rifai N, Stampfer NJ, Rimm EB. Non -high density lipoprotein cholesterol and Apolipoprotein B
Elena Bălăşescu, Mirela Cioplea, Alice Brînzea, Roxana Nedelcu, Sabina Zurac and Daniela Adriana Ion
4. BATUMAN V, SOMAN A, SCHMIDT R, SOMAN S. Diabetic Nephropathy. [cited 07.05.2015] Available from: http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/238946-overview.
5. ADA, Standards of medical care in diabetes-2015 abridged for primary care providers. Clin Diabetes. 2015; 33(2): 97-111.
6. HOTCHKISS RS, STRASSER A, McDUNN JE, SWANSON PE. Cell death. N Engl J Med. 2009; 361(16): 1570-83.
7. ELMORE S. Apoptosis: a review of programmed cell death. Toxicol Pathol. 2007; 35(4): 495-516.
Carmen Bogeanu, Cristiana David, Ileana Peride, Ionel Alexandru Checheriţă and Alexandru Ciocâlteu
Nuclear Cardiology, Heart Rhythm Society, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology, and Society for Vascular Surgery. J Am Coll Cardiol 50: e159-e241, 2007.
9. Chamberlain D. Preoperative risk evaluation: an old school approach with a few new tools. Accessed on 5 October 2013 at: http://www.acponline.org/about_acp/chapters/mt/chamberlain.ppt.
10. Arozullah AM, Daley J, Henderson WG, Khuri SF. Multifactorial risk index for predicting
Chuan Li, Lili Qu, Cullen Farragher, Anthony Vella and Beiyan Zhou
facilitate the induction of genes under the regulation of PPARγ.[ 57 ] Similarly, liver X receptors (LXRs; nuclear transcription factors that heterodimerize with the retinoid X receptor RXRα) contribute to reduced pro-inflammatory signaling.[ 58 , 59 , 60 ] Indeed, LXRs have long been recognized for their role in the amelioration of autoimmune diseases and regression of atherosclerotic plaques, which are extensively orchestrated by M2 macrophages.[ 61 , 62 ]
In recent years, increasing evidence supports the critical roles of miRNAs in regulating macrophage activation
Gytis Grigaliūnas, Lina Gumbienė, Nomeda Valevičienė, Mindaugas Matačiūnas, Virgilijus Tarutis, Germanas Marinskis and Audrius Aidietis
 Khairy P, Landzberg MJ, Gatzoulis MA, Lucron H, Lambert J, Marçon F, et al. Value of programmed ventricular stimulation after tetralogy of Fallot repair: a multicenter study. Circulation 2004;109:1994–2000.
 Khairy P. Programmed ventricular stimulation for risk stratification in patients with tetralogy of Fallot: a Bayesian perspective. Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 2007;4:292–3.
 Roos-Hesselink J, Perlroth MG, McGhie J, Spitaels S. Atrial arrhythmias in adults after repair of tetralogy of Fallot: Correlations with clinical, exercise
Justin S. Michael, Bong-Seop Lee, Miqin Zhang and John S. Yu
blood vessels of human glioblastoma multiforme. Acta Neuropathol 2000;100:323-31. 10.1007/s004010000180 Liebner S Fischmann A Rascher G Duffner F Grote EH Kalbacher H et al Claudin-1 and claudin-5 expression and tight junction morphology are altered in blood vessels of human glioblastoma multiforme Acta Neuropathol 2000 100 323 – 31
8 Argaw AT, Zhang Y, Snyder BJ, Zhao ML, Kopp N, Lee SC, et al . IL-1beta regulates blood-brain barrier permeability via reactivation of the hypoxia-angiogenesis program. J Immunol 2006;177:5574-84. 10.4049/jimmunol
-aminohippurate (PAH) or a radioisotope tracer. Although PAH still remains a gold standard, the technical difficulties associated with its use have limited its routine application in the clinic, although it is commonly used for research. Nuclear medicine based techniques also pose problems such as requiring time for excretion of the injected radioisotopes out of the body, and concerns regarding radioisotope exposure. Against this backdrop, CEUS offers a novel approach for RBF evaluation, without the above-mentioned concerns, as it appears to be fast, noninvasive, and safe