Inmaculada Sierra, Carolina Hernández, Paula Albendea and Maria Antonia López
1. Empresa Nacional del Uranio, SA (ENUSA) [displayed 25 July 2019]. Available at: http://www.enusa.es/en/areas-de-negocio/nuclear/fabricacion/
2. ISO 11929-1:2010. Determination of the characteristic limits (decision threshold, detection limit and limits of the confidence interval) for measurements of ionizing radiation. Fundamentals and application. Geneva: International Organization for Standardization; 2010.
3. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Indirect Methods for Measuring Radionuclides in the Human Body. Safety Report
Med J 2005;331:77-80. doi: 10.1136/ bmj.38499.599861.E0
4. Metz-Flamant C, Samson E, Caër-Lorho S, Acker A, Laurier D. Leukemia risk associated with chronic external exposure to ionizing radiation in a French cohort of nuclear workers. Radiat Res 2012;178:489-98. doi: 10.1667/RR2822.1
5. Kopjar N, Kašuba V, Milić M, Rozgaj R, Želježić D, Gajski G, Mladinić M, Garaj-Vrhovac V. Normalne i granične vrijednosti mikronukleus-testa na limfocitima periferne krvi u ispitanika opće populacije Republike Hrvatske [Normal and cut-off values of
Branko Petrinec, Zdenko Franić, Tomislav Bituh and Dinko Babić
Sima O, Dolvete C. Matrix effects in the activity measurement of environmental samples: implementation of specific corrections in a gamma-ray spectrometry analysis program. Appl Radiat Isot 1997;48:59-67.
Robu E, Giovani C. Gamma-ray self-attenuation corrections in environmental samples. Rom Rep Phys 2009;61:295-300.
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Collection and Preparation of Bottom Sediment Samples for Analysis of Radionuclides and Trace Elements. IAEA
J Plonis, D Kalniete, M Nakazawa-Miklasevica, A Irmejs, E Vjaters, J Gardovskis and E Miklasevics
mutation in the Latvian population, 2) if there is an association between CHEK2 del5395 mutation and a cancer risk, and 3) and whether CHEK2 del5395 mutation impacts cancer predisposition in Chernobyl disaster liquidators (the civil and military personnel who were called upon to deal with consequences of the 1986 nuclear disaster) as well as geriatric populations.
Materials and Methods
Patients and Control Groups
From 2010 to 2012, we recruited random groups of volunteers consisting of 438 breast cancer patients, negative for both the BRCA1 (4153delA
Jerome-Philippe Garsi, Eric Samson, Laetitia Chablais, Sergey Zhivin, Christine Niogret and Dominique Laurier
3. Guseva Canu I, Molina G, Goldberg M, Collomb P, David JC, Perez P, Paquet F, Tirmarche M. Construction d’une matrice emplois-expositions pour le suivi épidémiologique des travailleurs de l’industrie nucléaire en France [Development of a job exposure matrix for the epidemiological follow-up of workers in the French nuclear industry, in French]. Rev Epidemiol Sante Publique 2008;56:21-9. doi: 10.1016/j.respe.2007.11.001
4. Guseva Canu I, Paquet F, Goldberg M, Auriol B, Bérard P, Collomb P, David JC, Molina G, Perez P, Tirmarche M. Comparative
Gordana Joksić, Sandra Petrović, Ivana Joksić and Andreja Leskovac
experience amongst U.S. nuclear power industry workers following chronic low-dose exposure to ionizing radiation. Radiat Res 2004;162:517--26.
Hagmar L, Brogger A, Hansteen IL, Heim S, Hogstedt B, Knudsen L, Lambert B, Linnainmaa K, Mitelman F, Nordenson I, Reuterwall C, Salomaa S, Skerfving S, Sorsa M. Cancer risk in humans predicted by increased levels of chromosomal aberrations in lymphocytes: Nordic study group on the health effects of chromosome damage. Cancer Res 1994;54:2919--22.
Bonassi S, Znaor A, Norppa H
C. Battaggia, P. Anagnostou, I. Bosch, F. Brisighelli, G. Destro-Bisol and M. Capocasa
descent. PLoS One. 2012; 7(1): e29687.
16. Kline MC, Vallone PM, Redman JW, Duewer DL, Calloway CD, Butler JM. Mitochondrial DNA typing screens with control region and coding region SNPs. J Forensic Sci. 2005; 50(2): 377-385.
17. Ely B, Wilson JL, Jackson F, Jackson BA. African-American mitochondrial DNAs often match mtDNAs found in multiple African ethnic groups. BMC Biol. 2006; 4: 34.
18. Excoffier L, Lischer HE. Arlequin suite ver 3.5: a new series of programs to perform population genetics analyses under Linux and
GM Šošić, N Jović, B Rakić, A Dimitrijević and M Varjačić
group is the most important predictor variable of increased MN frequency. Based on the current knowledge, we hypothesize that the DNA damage, measured by the increase in frequency of MN, probably occurs as a result of oxidative stress initiated by prothrombotic condition in the mother’s blood.
This study was financed according to the contract of realization of scientific research project “Micronuclei frequency in peripheral blood lymphocytes in pregnant women with thrombophilia” [number JP 02/15] from the basic Research Programme of the
HY Ivanov, V Stoyanova, I Ivanov, A Linev, R Vazharova, S Ivanov, L Balabanski and D Toncheva
grant under Project № BG-05M2OP001-2.009-0025, “Doctoral training at MU-Plovdiv for Competence, Creativity, Originality, Realization and Academism in Science and Technology - 2 (DOCTORANT - 2)”, funded under the Operational Programme “Science and Education for Smart Growth”, co-funded by the Structural and Investment Funds of the EU
Declaration of Interest . The authors report no conflicts of interest. The authors alone are responsible for the content and writing of this article.
1 Leonard H, Wen X. The epidemiology of mental retardation
, Topaktaş M. Genotoxic effects of a particular mixture of acetamiprid and alpha-cypermethrin on chromosome aberration, sister chromatid exchange, and micronucleus formation in human peripheral blood lymphocytes. Environ Toxicol 2010;25:157-68. doi: 10.1002/ tox.20485
10. Kaymak F, Rasgele PG. Genotoxic effects of raxil on root tips and anothers of Allium cepa L. Caryologia 2009;62:1-9.
11. Gökalp Muranli FD, Güner U. Induction of micronuclei and nuclear abnormalities in erythrocytes of mosquito ﬁsh (Gambusia afﬁnis) following exposure to