4. Hochedlinger K, Jaenisch R. Nuclear transplantation, embryonic stem cells, and the potential for cell therapy. N Engl J Med. 2003; 349:275-96.
5. Eggan K, Baldwin K, Tackett M, Osborne J, Gogos J, Chess A, et al. Mice cloned from olfactory sensory neurons. Nature 2004; 428:44-9.
6. Li J, Ishii T, Feinstein P, Mombaerts P. Odorant receptor gene choice is reset by nuclear transfer from mouse olfactory sensory neurons. Nature. 2004; 428:393-9.
7. Brambrink T, Hochedlinger K, Bell G, Jaenisch R. ES cells derived from
Tran Quang Binh, Vu Thi Thu Hien, Nguyen Cong Khan, Nguyen Thi Lam, Le Bach Mai, Masayo Nakamori and Shigeru Yamamoto
-directed mutagenesis define the key points of interaction between the ligand-binding domain of the vitamin D nuclear receptor and 1R,25-dihydroxyvitamin. Biochemistry. 2000; 39:12162-71.
5. Bhanushali AA, Lajpal N, Kulkarni SS, Chavan SS, Bagadi SS, Das BR. Frequency of fokI and taqI polymorphism of vitamin D receptor gene in Indian population and its association with 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels. Indian J Hum Genet. 2009; 15:108-13.
6. Uitterlinden AG, Fang Y, van Meurs JB, Pols HA, Van Leeuwen JP. Genetics and biology of vitamin D receptor
) psychiatry, (2) child and adolescent psychiatry, (3) forensic medicine, (4) anatomical pathology, (5) clinical pathology, (6) general pathology, (7) therapeutic radiology and oncology, (8) family medicine, (9) emergency medicine, (10) nuclear medicine, (11) oncology, and (12) hematology. Internship experience is not required for application in these fields and applicants in this category can begin their training as early as the year following graduation. The duration of training is normally 3 years, except for 4-year training programs in child and adolescent psychiatry
Apitsada Khlongkhlaeo, Richard L. Carter, Rangsun Parnpai and Anthony W.S. Chan
) Nuclear receptor tailless (TLX) expression was measured by qRT-PCR in neural cells differentiated from feeder-free derived NPCs (n = 3, P < 0.05).
The expression of GFAP is related to TLX expression in rhNPC
Several studies reported that the nuclear receptor tailless (TLX) plays an important role in vertebrate brain functions [ 16 , 17 ]. TLX belongs to the nuclear receptor, NE2E orphan nuclear receptor family. TLX is expressed in the neuroepithelium of developing central nervous system [ 16 ] and acts as a repressor of cell cycle inhibitors to maintain the
32. Jin P, Hardy S, Morgan DO. Nuclear localization of cyclin B1 controls mitotic entry after DNA damage. J Cell Biol. 1998; 141:875-85.
33. Surh YJ, Hurh YJ, Kang JY, Lee E, Kong G, Lee SJ. Resveratrol, an antioxidant present in red wine, induces apoptosis in human promyelocytic leukemia (HL-60) cells. Cancer Lett. 1999; 140:1-10.
34. Bras M, Queenan B, Susin SA. Programmed cell death via mitochondria: different modes of dying. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2005; 70:231-9.
35. Cande C, Cecconi F, Dessen P, Kroemer G
Akhiyan Hadi Susanto, Widodo, Mohammad Saifur Rohman, Didik Huswo Utomo and Mifetika Lukitasari
by hypoxia through recruitment of HIF-1 [ 11 ].
HIF-1 is a heterodimeric transcription factor that is composed of 2 different subunits, HIF-1a and aryl receptor nuclear translocator (ARNT). There are 826 and 789 amino acids in the 2 subunits, respectively. Both of these subunits belong to the basic helix–loop–helix (bHLH) Per–Ahr/Arnt–Sim family, where Per is the period circadian protein, Ahr/Anrt the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator protein, and Sim the single-minded protein domain. The bHLH domain is responsible for dimerization through 2 helices
Palakorn Puttaruk, Duangnate Pipatsatitpong and Pilaiwan Siripurkpong
diagnosis of metabolic syndrome [ 2 ], while the National Cholesterol and Education Program Adult Treatment Panel III (NCEP-ATP III), American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, and International Diabetes Federation (IDF) adopted abdominal obesity as pivotal [ 3 - 6 ]. However, the core components of the metabolic syndrome, which include dyslipidemia, impaired glucose tolerance, increased waist circumference and hypertension, are classical risk factors required for diagnosis [ 7 ].
The lectin-like oxidized low density lipoprotein receptor (LOX-1) is a receptor for
Computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine imaging have become routine in diagnostic clinical practice. They are often noninvasive and not painful; however, patients need to be able to lie still for the duration of image acquisition. This may be particularly challenging in children. Techniques such as sleep deprivation [ 1 ], feed and sleep/wrap [ 2 ], play therapy [ 3 ], administration of melatonin [ 4 ], and parental involvement can make some children more cooperative, but sedation remains the most reliable means of
Nuttanun Sedtasiriphokin, Vichit Supornsilchai, Chutima Jantarat and Wichit Nosoongnoen
. Chromatographic data were acquired and processed using Chromeleon software (Thermo Fisher Scientific). A Sepex GP-C18 column (1.8 μm, 2.1 mm Ø × 100 mm) was used for chromatographic separation of phthalates. The mobile phase consisted of acetonitrile-acetic acid (99.9/0.1, v/v) and water, which were designated as A and B, respectively [ 30 ]. The gradient elution program was as follows: from 0 to 5 min, 30% A; linear increase to 90% A, from 5 to 7 min; linear decrease to 30% A; and, stabilization at initial condition (30% A, 70% B) for 3 min. The flow rate was 0.4 mL/min, the
Prangmalee Leurcharusmee, Guy Kositratna, De Q. Tran and Thomas Schricker
A Macrae D Pathan N Cardioprotective effects of insulin: how intensive insulin therapy may benefit cardiac surgery patients Circulation 2012 125 721 – 8
 Chaudhuri A, Dandona P, Fonseca V. Cardiovascular benefits of exogenous insulin. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97:3079–91. 10.1210/jc.2012-1112 Chaudhuri A Dandona P Fonseca V Cardiovascular benefits of exogenous insulin J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012 97 3079 – 91
 Dandona P, Aljada A, Mohanty P, Ghanim H, Hamouda W, Assian E, Ahmad S. Insulin inhibits intranuclear nuclear