Ivana Stojanović, Srđan Ljubisavljević, Ivana Stevanović, Radmila Pavlović, Tatjana Cvetković, Vidosava B. Đorđević, Dušica Pavlović, Slobodan Vojinović and Jelena Bašić
protein aggregation. Science 2001; 292: 1552-5.
31. Barsoum MJ, Yuan H, Gerencser AA, Liot G, Kushnareva Y, Graber S et al. Nitric oxide-induced mitochondrial fission is regulated by dynamin-related GTPases in neurons. EMBO J 2006; 25: 3900-11.
32. Cho DH, Nakamura T, Fang J, Cieplak P, Godzik A, Gu Z et al. S-Nitrosylation of Drp1 mediates beta-amyloidrelated mitochondrial fission and neuronal injury. Science 2009; 324: 102-5.
33. Bolaños JP, Heales SJR, Land JM, Clark JB. Effect of peroxynitrite on the mitochondrial
H. Serum neopterin levels in children with primary nephrotic syndrome. Acta Paediatr 2006; 95(7): 854–6.
8. Formanowicz D. Neopterin in patients with chronic kidney disease and patients with coronary artery disease. Biotechnologia 2012; 93(1): 59–67.
9. Yadav AK, Sharma V, Jha V. Association between serum neopterin and inflammatory activation in chronic kidney disease. Mediators Inflamm 2012; 476979: 2012.
10. Ristovski-Kornic D, Stefanović A, Kotur-Stevuljević J, Zeljković A, Spasojević-Kalimanovska V, Vekić J, Miljković M, Paripović D, Peco
D-Y, Wang Xue-Lian, Liu Pei. TNF-alpfa upregulates the expression of immunoglobulin secretory component. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 2007; 17: 101-6.
11. Takenouchi-Ohkubo N, Moro I, Mukae S, et al. Tumour ne crosis factor-alpha-mediated human polymeric immu - no globulin receptor expression is regulated by both mitogen- activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase in HT-29 cell line. Immunology 2008; 123: 500-7.
12. Takenouchi-Ohkubo N, Asano M, Chihaya H, Chungh - suing WU, Ishikasa K, Moro I. Retinoic acid
Agnieszka Ćwiklińska, Agnieszka Mickiewicz, Robert Kowalski, Barbara Kortas-Stempak, Agnieszka Kuchta, Krzysztof Mucha, Michał Makowiecki, Anna Gliwińska, Krzysztof Lewandowski, Leszek Pączek, Marcin Fijałkowski, Marcin Gruchała and Maciej Jankowski
. Rapid normalization of severe hypercholesterolemia mediated by lipoprotein X after liver transplantation in a patient with cholestasis – a case report. Acta Biochim Pol 2015; 62: 621–3. 10.18388/abp.2015_971
Jankowski K Wyzgal A Wierzbicka A Tronina O Durlik M Pruszczyk P Rapid normalization of severe hypercholesterolemia mediated by lipoprotein X after liver transplantation in a patient with cholestasis – a case report Acta Biochim Pol 2015 62 621 3
3 Phatlhane DV, Zemlin AE. Severe hypercholesterolemia mediated by lipoprotein X
Blanka Borowiec, Marta Dyszkiewicz-Konwińska, Greg Hutchings and Joanna Budna-Tukan
immunological and profibrogenic mediators, comparing to skin. On the other hand, mucosa can be characterized by highly effective epithelial renewal and fast-rate proliferation of underlying fibroblasts [ 30 ]. All this can be attributed to the presence of cells with stemness features, enabling continuous restoration of tissues from the oral cavity [ 31 ]. Furthermore, salivary exosomes have been identified as highly informative nanovesicles. They have shown a pathway and machinery by which cancer-derived biomarkers can be ferried through the systemic circulation into the oral
Agata Chamier-Gliszczyńska, Sandra Kałużna, Katarzyna Stefańska, Piotr Celichowski, Paweł Antosik, Dorota Bukowska, Małgorzata Bruska, Jana Zakova, Marie Machatkova, Michal Jeseta and Michał Nowicki
that VEGFA interacts with other genes including INSR and KIT, which also belong to both ontology groups ( Fig. 6 ). which is confirmed by the research of our team [ 22 , 23 ].
Another interesting gene is the insulin receptor INSR. Insulin plays an important role in the ovary because it is an important mediator for the development of follicles, steroidogenesis, oocyte maturation as well as embryo development. INSR was first identified in the granular cells of antral human follicles and is the insulin receptor mediating the action of insulin on oocytes. In 2008, INSR
Katarzyna Stefańska, Sandra Knap, Magdalena Kulus, Ievgenia Kocherova, Piotr Celichowski, Michal Jeseta, Marie Machatkova, Dorota Bukowska and Paweł Antosik
fertilization, as well as in gamete and embryo transport through an influence on prostaglandin production [ 15 ].
IL24 encodes interleukin 24, a cytokine expressed in the tissues of immune system, such as the thymus, spleen, peripheral blood leukocytes and melanocytes, involved in immune regulation, wound healing and protection against bacterial infections. However, at supra-physiological levels, it exerts anti-cancer properties, such as apoptosis induction, inhibition of invasion or autophagy [ 16 ]. Moreover, IL-24-mediated apoptosis is limited to cancer cells without
Lisa Moncrieff, Paul Mozdziak, Michal Jeseta, Marie Machatkova, Wiesława Kranc and Bartosz Kempisty
Granulosa cells (GCs), otherwise known as ovarian follicular cells, are the largest component of follicular fluid [ 1 ]. Alongside GCs are theca cells, ovarian surface epithelial (OSE) cells, and oocytes. Together, the Graafian follicle will form to protect the oocyte (folliculogenesis) and germ cells also mature into an egg (oogenesis) [ 2 , 3 ]. Granulosa cells have small cell-secreted vesicles called exosomes which are essential in mediating communication between cells, and they share this role with gap junctions [ 4 ]. Exosomes secrete small
Duygu Aydemir, Ehsan Sarayloo and Nuriye Nuray Ulusu
of Timolol Treatment on Pancreatic Antioxidant Enzymes in Streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats: An Experimental and Computational Study J Med Biochem 2019 38 306 316 10.2478/jomb-2018-0034.eCollection2019Jul
19 Uchida K. 4-Hydroxy-2-nonenal: a product and mediator of oxidative stress. Prog Lipid Res 2003; 42: 318–43. 10.1016/S0163-7827(03)00014-6 12689622
Uchida K 4-Hydroxy-2-nonenal: a product and mediator of oxidative stress Prog Lipid Res 2003 42 318 43
20 Cusi K. The role of adipose tissue and lipotoxicity in the pathogenesis of