20. Goleman, D. (2001). An EI-Based Theory of Performance. In C. Cherniss & D. Goleman (Eds.), The Emotionally Intelligent Workplace: How to Select for, Measure, and Improve Emotional Intelligence in Individuals, Groups, and Organization (pp. 27-44). San Francisco: Jossy-Bass.
21. Goodyear, P., Salmon, G., Spector, J. M., Steeples, C., & Tickner, S. (2001). Competences for online teaching: A special report. Educational Technology Research and Development, 49(1), 65-72.
22. Guasch, T., Alvarez, I., & Espasa, A
retention and achievement in a massive open online course. American Educational Research Journal (Online First).
5. Guardia, L., Maina, M., & Sangra, A. (2013). MOOC design principles: A pedagogical approach from the learner’s perspective. eLearning Papers, 33.
6. Guo, P. J., & Reinecke, K. (2014). Demographic differences in how students navigate through MOOCs.
7. Hadi, S. M., & Gagen, P. (2016). New model for measuring MOOCs completion rates. Paper presented at the European MOOCs Stakeholder Summit. Retrieved from http
Simon Bell, Andy Lane, Kevin Collins, Andrea Berardi and Rachel Slater
). Imagine coastal sustainability. Ocean & Coastal Management, 83, 39-51. Retrieved November 12, 2014, from http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0964569113000483
5. Bell, S., & Lane, A. (1998). From teaching to learning: technological potential and sustainable, supported open learning. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 11(6), 629-650.
6. Bell, S., & Morse, S. (2003). Measuring Sustainability: Learning from Doing. London: Earthscan.
7. Berardi, A. (2011). The Challenges of Transformational Learning at a Distance
Rajabalee Yousra Banoor, Frank Rennie and Mohammad Issack Santally
Human Behavior, 31 , 542-550.
3. Alkhateeb, M., Hayashi, Y., & Hirashima, T. (2015). Comparison between Kit-Build and Scratch-Build Concept Mapping Methods in Supporting EFL Reading Comprehension. The Journal of Information and Systems in Education, 14 (1), 13-27.
4. Arbaugh, J. B. (2002). Managing the online classroom: a study of technological and behavioral characteristics of web-based MBA courses. Journal of High Technology Management Research, 13 , 203-223.
5. Arbaugh, J. B., & Duray, R. (2002). Technological and structural characteristics
that relate to preference for online versus face-to-face instruction. In The Internet and Higher Education, 13, (pp. 89-95).
39. Hiltz, S.R.; Coppola, N.; Rotter, N.; Toroff, M.; Benbunan-Fich, R. (2000). Measuring the Importance of Collaborative Learning for the Effectiveness of ALN: A Multi-Measure. In J.Bourne (ed.), Online Education: Learning effectiveness and faculty satisfaction: Volume 1. (p. 101-119).Needham, MA.: Sloan-C.
40. Horstmanshof, L. and Zimitat, C. (2007). Future time orientation predicts academic engagement among
Gila Kurtz, Alexandr Tsimerman and Orna Steiner-Lavi
technologies. In G. Veletsianos (ed.), Immerging technologies in education, (pp. 23-36). Edmonton: AU Press.
4. Ang, R.P. (2005). Development and validation of the Teacher-Student Relationship Inventory using exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis. In The Journal of Experimental Education, 74(1), (pp. 55-73).
5. Baker, J.W. (2000). The “classroom flip”: Using web course management tools to become the guide by the side. In Selected Papers from the 11th International Conference on College Teaching and Learning, (pp. 9-17).. Available
Sarah Honeychurch, Aras Bozkurt, Lenandlar Singh and Apostolos Koutropoulos
. Munzel, A., & Kunz, W. H. (2014). Creators, multipliers, and lurkers: who contributes and who benefits at online review sites. Journal of Service Management, 25(1), 49-74. doi 10.1108/JOSM-04-2013-0115
23. NetLingo (n.d). Lurkers. Retrieved from http://www.netlingo.com/dictionary/l.php
24. Nielsen, J. (2006, October 9). Participation Inequality: Encouraging More Users to Contribute. Nielsen Norman Group [Blog post]. Retrieved from http://www.nngroup.com/articles/participation-inequality/
25. Nonnecke, B., & Preece, J
: student engagement with learning technologies. International Journal of Educational Management, 21(5), 418-432.
23. Hu, S., & Kuh, G.D. (2001). Being (Dis)Engaged in Educationally Purposeful Activities: The Influences of Student and Institutional Characteristics. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association Annual Conference. Seattle, WA, 10-14 April.
24. Huang, C. (2011). Achievement goals and achievement emotions: A meta-analysis. Educational Psychology Review, 23(3), 359-388.
25. Kang, M., & Im, T
Maria Vakoufari, Angelaki Christina and Ilias Mavroidis
3. Arbaugh, J.B. (2000). Virtual classroom Characteristics and student satisfaction with internetbased MBA courses. In Journal of Management Education, 24, (pp.32-54).
4. Asher, S.R.; Hymel, S.; Renshaw, P.D. (1984). Loneliness in children. In Child Development, 55, (pp. 1456-1464).
5. Baumeister, R.F.; Campbell, J.D.; Krueger, J.I.; Vohs, K.D. (2003). Does high self-esteem cause better performance, interpersonal success, happiness, or healthier lifestyles? In Psychological Science in the Public Interest, 4, (pp. 1
Erman Yukselturk, Serhat Ozekes and Yalın Kılıç Türel
: using LMS activity logs to measure community in online courses. In The Internet and Higher Education, 11(2), (pp. 65-70).
10. Carr, S. (2000). As distance education comes of age, the challenge is keeping the students. In The Chronicle of Higher Education, 46(23), (pp. A39-A41).
11. Chaudhuri, S. (1998). Data Mining and Database Systems: Where is the Intersection? In IEEE Bulletin of the Technical Committee on Data Engineering, 21(1), (pp. 4-8).
12. Chen, G.; Liu, C.; Ou, K. and Liu, B. (2000). Discovering decision