Ana Muñoz, Aritz Saitua, Mireya Becero, Cristina Riber, Katy Satué, Antonia Sánchez de Medina, David Argüelles and Cristina Castejón-Riber
administration of both systemic anti-inflammatory drugs and intra-articular drugs in the long-term management of chronic osteoarthritis.
Monitoring the progression of a rehabilitation programme
It is highly recommended to monitor the progression of each patient undergoing rehabilitation as accurately as possible. Habitual techniques used by clinicians and researchers in field and hospital settings include ultrasonography and other methods to study symmetry (accelerometry, inertial sensors, force, and pressure platforms). Other field techniques are goniometry to measure
Jim Weber, Markus Zenker, Gábor Köller, Manfred Fürll and Markus Freick
animals and between various causes of recumbency, and to examine the occurrence of hypocalcaemia outside the risk period of hypocalcaemic paresis.
Material and Methods
Farm and management . This study was conducted on a dairy farm (in the state of Saxony, Germany; latitude: 51°4′N; longitude: 12°50′E; altitude: 249 m) with an average stock of 1,800 German Holstein cows and a mean 305-d milk yield per cow of 10,300 kg. Cows were housed in free-stall barns with cubicles and received a need-based total mixed ration according to recommendations for energy and nutrient
Agnieszka Jodełko, Monika Szymańska-Czerwińska, Anna Kycko and Krzysztof Niemczuk
–45 min to allow clotting and then centrifuged at 1,000 × g for 10 min to obtain serum. Then, serum specimens were tested for the presence of antibodies to .C. burnetii using a complement fixation test (CFT). Detection of phase-specific IgM and IgG was performed utilising reagents supplied by Virion/Serion (Germany), and their instructions were followed in measuring antibody levels. The inactivation temperature of the sera was 56 ± 1°C, the initial dilution of the sample was 1:5, and the final dilution was 1:80. Serum was considered positive when at least partial
Hatice Esra Çolakoğlu, Murat Onur Yazlık, Mert Pekcan, Ufuk Kaya, Cihan Kaçar, Mehmet Rıfat Vural, Serdal Kurt, Merve Menekse Yildirim, Ahmet Bas and Şükrü Küplülü
animal’s energy reserves ( 16 ) as an indirect measurement of fat metabolism and its correlation with energy metabolism ( 12 ). The incidence of metabolic disorders and their relationship with BCS has been studied since BCS relates to the fertility status of dairy cows ( 4 , 16 , 38 ).
It is known that serum metabolites, calcium concentrations and BCS alter during early lactation. The relationship of blood metabolites and ions to the degree of BCS loss during the dry period may provide important information for herd management and reproduction ( 21 ). Prepartum BCS
Joanna Kochan, Wojciech Niżański, Nei Moreira, Zalmir Silvino Cubas, Agnieszka Nowak, Sylwia Prochowska, Agnieszka Partyka, Wiesława Młodawska and Józef Skotnicki
disciplines of science, starting from the biology of the species, through research into the population and habitat, assisted reproductive technologies, establishment of gene banks, developing bioinformatic systems, and ending with biodiversity and endangered species management.
In the last few years knowledge of felid reproduction has expanded considerably thanks to comparative studies utilising the domestic cat as a research model for endangered wild cats. Basic reproductive techniques used both in domestic cat breeding and in rescuing wild felid populations that are
delivery of methylprednisolone after spinal cord injury. Biomaterials , 30, 2582—2590.
36. Kruger, E. A., Pires, M., Ngann, Y., Sterling, M., Rubay, S., 2013: Comprehensive management of pressure ulcers in spinal cord injury: current concepts and future trends. J. Spin. Cord Med. , 36, 572—585.
37. Kwon, B. K., Okon, E., Hillyer, J., Mann, C., Baptiste, D., Weaver, L. C., et al., 2011: A systematic review of non-invasive pharmacologic neuroprotective treatments for acute spinal cord injury. J. Neurotrauma , 28, 1545—1588.
38. Lee, J. Y., Kim, H. S
Mihai Mărginean M, Sebastian Trancă, Alina Ardelean-Maghiar (Mărginean), Dan Dîrzu, Adina Huțanu, Oana Platon (Antal) and Dan Dobreanu
1. Dellinger RP, Levy MM, Rhodes A, Annane D, Gerlach H, Opal SM, et al. Surviving sepsis campaign: international guidelines for management of severe sepsis and septic shock: 2012. Crit Care Med. 2013 Feb;41(2):580-637. DOI: 10.1097/CCM.0b013e31827e83af
2. Angus DC, Linde-Zwirble WT, Lidicker J, Clermont G, Carcillo J, Pinsky MR. Epidemiology of severe sepsis in the United States: analysis of incidence, outcome, and associated costs of care. Crit Care Med. 2001 Jul;29(7):1303-10. DOI: 10
Olga Hilda Orăsan, Ljubomir Petrov, Laura Urian, Angela Cozma, George Ciulei, Ioan Mihai Patiu and Remus Aurel Orăsan
. Verdalles U, Abad S, Vega A, Ruiz Caro C, Ampuero J, Jofre R, et al. Factors related to the absence of anemia in hemodialysis patients. Blood Purif 2011;32(1):69-74. DOI: 10.1159/000323095
4. Pisoni RL, Bragg-Gresham JL, Young EW, Akizawa T, Asano Y, Locatelli F, et al. Anemia management and outcomes from 12 countries in the Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (DOPPS). Am J Kidney Dis 2004 Jul;44(1):94-111. DOI: 10.1053/j. ajkd.2004.03.023
5. Eckardt KU, Mollmann M, Neumann R, Brunkhorst R, Burger HU, Lonnemann G, et al
and countermeasures in the management of community hospital-acquired infection. Chinese and Foreign Medical Research, 2011, 9(36):174-175.
19 Torres Viera C, Dembry LM. Approaches to vancomycin-resistant Enterococci. Curr Opin Infect Dis, 2004, 17(6):541-547.
20 Zhang Y, Tian X, Shi J, et al . Problem and countermeasures of the hospital-acquired infection in 96 community health service institution. China Practical Medical, 2013, 8(7): 265-266.
21 Han Y, Zhang J, Wu B. Management methods and measures of the community hospital-acquired infection