Nowadays, number of customer and environmental requirements are laid to the automotive industry. These are related to safety increase, the weight and emission reduction as well as the life-time improvement. The article presents the way to improve the corrosion resistance of the car-body components when coated steel sheets are used based on Zn-Al-Mg coatings. Thus, the life-time of the car-body is improved. Samples with conventional Zn coating and samples with advanced Zn-Al-Mg coatings were deformed by stretching and 3-point bending to 90° and 180° tests. Consequently, the samples were exposed to salt spray in the corrosion chamber. Time to red corrosion appearance and adequate percentage of corroded surface was evaluated. The results showed the better corrosion protection of Zn-Al-Mg coatings when compared to the conventional Zn coating.
A. Kobzová, D. Kárník, Z. Skoumalová and P. Marcinský
1. Boric Acid Corrosion Evaluation (BACE) program phase L-Task 1 report: Industry experience reference and available test data summary, 1993.
2. Timofeev B.: Assessment of the first generation RPV state after designed lifetime. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping 2004 , 81, 703-712.
3. Jursík F.: Anorganická chemie nekovů. VŠCHT Praha, 2001.
4. Klikorka J., Hájek B., Votinský J.: Obecná a anorganická chemie. SNTL: Praha, 1989.
5. Kocakusak S., Köroglu H.J., Tolun R.: Drying of wet boric acid by
1. Björkbacka, Å., et al., Radiation induced corrosion of copper for spent nuclear fuel storage. Radiation Physics and Chemistry 2013 , 92, 80-86.
2. Björkbacka, Å., et al., Role of the Oxide Layer in Radiation-Induced Corrosion of Copper in Anoxic Water. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016 , 120 (21), 11450-11455.
3. Bjorkbacka, A., et al., Kinetics and mechanisms of reactions between H 2 O 2 and copper and copper oxides. Dalton Trans 2015 , 44 (36), 16045-51.
4. King, F.; Kolar, M., Lifetime Predictions for
canisters ; SKB Technical Report TR-10-04; 2010.
53. Turnbull, A. A Review of the Possible Effects of Hydrogen on Lifetime of Carbon Steel Nuclear Waste Canisters ; Nagra Technical Report 09-04; 2009.
54. Esnault, L., et al., Metallic corrosion processes reactivation sustained by iron-reducing bacteria: Implication on long-term stability of protective layers. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Parts A/B/C 2011, 36 (17-18), 1624-1629.
55. Libert, M., et al., Impact of microbial activity on the radioactive waste disposal: long term prediction of