Teresa Iwaniec, Joanna Zdziarska and Artur Jurczyszyn
polymerization [ 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 ] or systemic fibrinolysis [ 18 ]. Abnormal screening coagulation test results, including prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), and thrombin time (TT), are commonly encountered in patients with plasma cell neoplasms and are not typically associated with clinically significant bleeding [ 4 , 5 ].
We describe a patient who was accidentally diagnosed with multiple myeloma during diagnostic work-up of screening coagulation tests prolongation. A 71-year-old patient diagnosed with renal tumor was referred to the
Lukas Duraj, J. Stasko, M. Hasko, M. Fedor, P. Chudy, J. Sokol, R. Limonova, I. Skornova, J. Danko and P. Kubisz
, Benchaib M, Fontaine O, Levrat A, Massignon D, Touzet S, Rudigoz R, Berland M. Coagulation assessment by rotation thrombelastometry in normal pregnancy. Thromb Haemost 2009; 101: 755 - 761.
5. Herbstreit F, Winter EM, Peters J, Hartmann M. Monitoring of haemostasis in liver transplantation: comparison of laboratory based and point of care tests. Anaesthesia 2010; 65 (1): 44-49.
6. Spalding GJ, Hartrumpf M, Sierig T, Oesberg N, Kirschke CG, Albes JM. Cost reduction of perioperative coagulation management in cardiac surgery: value of
Mariya Levkova, Mari Hachmeriyan, Milena Stoyanova, Valentina Miteva and Lyudmila Angelova
1. LANE, D.A., P.M. MANNUCCI, K.A. BAUER, R.M. BERTINA, N.P. BOCHKOV, V. BOULYJNKOV, et al., Inherited thrombophilia: part 1. Thrombosis and haemostasis, 1996. 76 (05): p. 651-662.
2. BUCHHOLZ, T. and C.J. THALER, Inherited thrombophilia: impact on human reproduction. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 2003. 50 (1): p. 20-32.
3. CORIU, L., R. UNGUREANU, R. TALMACI, V. USCATESCU, M. CIRSTOIU, D. CORIU, et al., Hereditary Thrombophilia and thrombotic events in pregnancy: single-center experience. Journal of medicine