Teresa Iwaniec, Joanna Zdziarska and Artur Jurczyszyn
polymerization [ 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 ] or systemic fibrinolysis [ 18 ]. Abnormal screening coagulation test results, including prothrombin time (PT), activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT), and thrombin time (TT), are commonly encountered in patients with plasma cell neoplasms and are not typically associated with clinically significant bleeding [ 4 , 5 ].
We describe a patient who was accidentally diagnosed with multiple myeloma during diagnostic work-up of screening coagulation tests prolongation. A 71-year-old patient diagnosed with renal tumor was referred to the
Lukas Duraj, J. Stasko, M. Hasko, M. Fedor, P. Chudy, J. Sokol, R. Limonova, I. Skornova, J. Danko and P. Kubisz
, Benchaib M, Fontaine O, Levrat A, Massignon D, Touzet S, Rudigoz R, Berland M. Coagulation assessment by rotation thrombelastometry in normal pregnancy. Thromb Haemost 2009; 101: 755 - 761.
5. Herbstreit F, Winter EM, Peters J, Hartmann M. Monitoring of haemostasis in liver transplantation: comparison of laboratory based and point of care tests. Anaesthesia 2010; 65 (1): 44-49.
6. Spalding GJ, Hartrumpf M, Sierig T, Oesberg N, Kirschke CG, Albes JM. Cost reduction of perioperative coagulation management in cardiac surgery: value of
Mariya Levkova, Mari Hachmeriyan, Milena Stoyanova, Valentina Miteva and Lyudmila Angelova
1. LANE, D.A., P.M. MANNUCCI, K.A. BAUER, R.M. BERTINA, N.P. BOCHKOV, V. BOULYJNKOV, et al., Inherited thrombophilia: part 1. Thrombosis and haemostasis, 1996. 76 (05): p. 651-662.
2. BUCHHOLZ, T. and C.J. THALER, Inherited thrombophilia: impact on human reproduction. American Journal of Reproductive Immunology, 2003. 50 (1): p. 20-32.
3. CORIU, L., R. UNGUREANU, R. TALMACI, V. USCATESCU, M. CIRSTOIU, D. CORIU, et al., Hereditary Thrombophilia and thrombotic events in pregnancy: single-center experience. Journal of medicine
center in South India. Pathog Global Health 2016; 110: 287-291. doi: 10.1080/20477724.2016.1248171.
24. Mehra B, Bhattar S, Bhalla P, Rawat D. Rapid tests versus ELISA for screening of HIV infection: our experience from a voluntary counselling and testing facility of a tertiary care centre in North India. ISRN AIDS 2014; 2014: 296840. doi: 10.1155/2014/296840.
25. Orkuma JA, Egesie JO, Banwat EB, et al. HIV screening in blood donors: rapid diagnostic test versus enhanced ELISA. Niger J Med 2014; 23: 192-200.
26. Yang JF
Lorraine M. Flaherty, Brian P. Flaherty, Rebecca Kruse-Jarres and Barbara A. Konkle
elderly. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2005;34(1):60-72.
22. Tromp AM, Pluijm SM, Smit JH et al. Fall-risk screeningtest: a prospective study on predictors for falls in community-dwelling elderly. J Clin Epidemiol. 2001;54(8):837-44.
23. Kwan MM, Close JC, Wong AK, Lord SR. Falls incidence, risk factors, and consequences in Chinese older people: a systematic review. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011;59(3):536-43.
24. Fessel KD, Nevitt MC. Correlates of fear of falling and activity limitation among persons with rheumatoid arthritis
Lei Gu, Wen Wen, ZhiXian Wu, Kai Bai, Wei Liu, GuoXiang Lai and DongLiang Li
Liver cancer is the sixth most prevalent cancer and third most common global cause of cancer-related deaths [ 1 ]. Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) constitutes >80% of primary liver cancers and is a major public health problem [ 2 ]. In Asia, approximately 80% of HCC cases, which are most commonly derived from chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection, develop in the presence of liver cirrhosis [ 3 ]. In recent years, the incidence of HCC in Asia–Pacific regions has had a significant increase [ 4 ]. Despite improvements in the screening and
-media thickness: the RIAD study Diabetic Med. 2000; 17: 835-40.
19. Hancu N, Cerghizam A. Global approach to Cardiovascular Risk in Type 2 Diabetic Persons. In: Hancu N. Cardiovascular Risk in Type 2 Diabetes mellitus. Springer Verlag Berlin, Heidelberg, New York. 2003: 240-76. 19b. Brohall G, Behre CJ, Hulthe J, Wikstrand J, Fagerberg B. Prevalence of diabetes mellitus and impaired glucose tolerance in 64-year-old Swedish women: experiences of using repeated oral glucose tolerance tests. Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 363-7.
20. 1 IRAS, 2 Kieschl S, Willeit J, for Bruneck Study
Piotr Radziwon, Romuald Olszański, Jolanta Korsak and Piotr Siermontowski
sickness of rabbits. J Appl Physiol 1987;2:1772-1779.
10. Baj Z, Olszański R, Majewska E, Konarski M. The effect of air and nitrox diving on platelet activation tested by flow cytometry. Aviat Space Environ Med 2000;71:925-928.
11. Olszański R. Evaluation of heliox saturated diving on the basis of selected haemostasis parameters. Bull Inst. Marit Trop Med 1998;49:117-121.
12. Hyldegaard O, Madsen J. Effect of air, heliox and oxygen breathing on air bubbles in aqueous tissues in the rat. Undersea Hyper Med 1994