1. World Health Organization. Health risks of heavy metals from long-range transboundary air pollution. Copenhagen: WHO; 2007.
2. Jaishankar M, Tseten T, Anbalagan N, et al. Toxicity, mechanism and health effects of some heavy metals. Interdiscip Toxicol 2014;7(2):60-72.
3. World Health Organization. Air Quality Guidelines for Europe. 2nd ed. Copenhagen: WHO; 2000.
4. Järup L. Hazards of heavy metal contamination. Br Med Bull 2003:68:167-82.
5. De Winter-Sorkina R, Bakker MI, van Donkersgoed G, et al. Dietary intake of
Biljana Kaličanin, Dragan Velimirović, Ivana Arsić and Sofija Đorđević
. Determination of heavy metals for the quality contril in argentinian herbal medicines by ETAAS and ICP-OES. Food Chem Toxicol 2007; 45:1060-4. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2006.12.013
4. Caldas DE, Machado LL. Cadmium, mercury and lead in medicinal herbs in Brazil.Food Chem Toxicol 2004; 42:599-603. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2003.11.004
5. Ghosh M, Singh SP. A comparative study of cadmium phytoextraction by accumulator and weed species. Environ Pollut 2005; 133:365-71. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2004.05.015
Corina Eugenia Budin, Ruxandra Rajnoveanu, Ioana Roxana Bordea, Corina Marginean, Bianca Domokos, Elena Dantes and Doina Adina Todea
mutations and confirmed by the association between nicotine dependence and rs16969968. This allele mutation rs16969968 is responsible for increased addiction in adulthood to those who initiated smoking before 16 years of age. Thus, those who have the present mutation and initiate smoking under the age of 16 have an increased risk of becoming heavy smokers.
Although the genetic risk factor for nicotine addiction is present from birth, the distinct development of smoker/nonsmoker phenotypes and the degree of addiction is also influenced by the environment, which can
Piotr Bawiec, Magdalena Halabis, Zbigniew Marzec, Andrzej Kot, Janusz Solski and Kinga Gawel
1. Alomary A. Wedian F.: The Influence of Baking Fuel Types on the Residues of Some Heavy Metals in Jordanian Bread. JJC, 7(1), 2012.
2. Ambroziak Z.: Piekarstwo i ciastkarstwo, Wydawnictwo Naukowo Techniczne, Warszawa 1988.
3. Brüggemann J., Dorfner H. H., Heckt H. et al.: Status of Trace Elements in Staple Foods from Germany 1990-1994. FAO REH Technical Series 49, 1998.
4. Concise Statistical Yearbook of Poland 2012.
5. Grembecka M., Kusiuk A., Szefer P.: Content of
Katarzyna Slepecka, Klaudia Kalwa, Jakub Wyrostek and Urszula Pankiewicz
1. Cozma-Petruţ A. Loghin F. Miere D. Dumitraşcu D.L. Diet in irritable bowel syndrome: What to recommend, not what to forbid to patients! World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23(21):3771-3783.
2. Schützendübel A. Schwanz P. Teichmnn T. Gross K. Langenfeld- Heyser R. Godbol DL. et al. Cadmium-induced changes in antioxidative systems, hydrogen peroxide content, and differentiation in Scots Pine roots. Plant Physiol. 2001;127:887:898.
3. Hęs M. Nadolna J. Evaluation of chosen heavy metal contents in instant
Karolina Slawinska, Gabriela Bielecka, Karol Iwaniak, Sylwia Wosko and Ewa Poleszak
. Contents of essential and toxic mineral elements in Swedish market-basket diets in 1987. Br J Nutr. 1991;66(2):151.
5. Banikazemi Z, Mirzaei H, Mokhber N, Mobarhan MG. Selenium Intake is Related to Beck’s Depression Score. Iran Red Crescent Med J.2016;18(3):e21993.
6. Benton D, Cook R. The impact of selenium supplementation on mood. Biol Psychiatry. 1991;29(11):1092.
7. Bouabid S, Delaville C, De Deurwaerdere P, Lakhdar-Ghazal N, Benazzouz A. Manganese-Induced Atypical Parkinsonism Is Associated with Altered Basal Ganglia
Howaida A. Nounou, Safia M. Ali, Manal A. Shalaby and Rawan G. Asala
, Alwakeel SS. Mineral and microbial contents of bottled and tap water in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Middle-East. J Scien Res. 2007; 2:151-6.
9. Abu-Zeid HA, Aziz MA, Abolfotouh M, Moneim MA. Bacteriologic potability of the drinking water in a diarrhoea area in southwestern Saudi Arabia. J Egypt Pub Health Assoc. 1995; 70:279-91.
10. Al-Ghamdi MA, Bentham G, Hunter PR. Environmental risk factors for diarrhea among male school children in Jeddah City, Saudi Arabia. J Water Health. 2009; 7: 380-91.
11. Fewtrell L, Bartram J. Water
Osot Nerapusee, Chanadda Chinthammit, Chavalit Romyen, Maneeporn Pangjunhom, Daniel C. Malone and Rungpetch Sakulbumrungsil
estimating the log hazard ratios, instead of odd ratios when calculating pair-wise comparisons. Like typical survival analysis, it should be noted that this current analysis relies heavily on the proportional competing risk assumption and constant hazard ratios in each arm [ 20 , 22 , 46 ].
Nevertheless, limitations in our analysis are noted. We only considered LAIs that are available in Thailand. Therefore applying our findings in other settings with different comparative medications might show different outcomes. Our searching strategy was limited to English
Pwaveno Huladeino Bamaiyi and Nur Eliyana Mohd Redhuan
. The most commonly isolated Cryptosporidium sp. was C. hominis . Although the number of cases reported in Germany is lower than in England, it was a 1.6 fold increased since 2007 [ 90 ].
The suggested reasons for this increase include climatic changes, such as heavy rainfall, contaminated drinking water, and better reporting. Nevertheless, there was no direct evidence of secondary transmission from parents to children. Moreover, specific causes of Cryptosporidium spp. infection were not identified, despite case interviews.
The prevalence of Cryptosporidia in