Grażyna Adler, Arkadiusz Nędzarek and Agnieszka Tórz
brews Food Chem 2015 182 302 8 10.1016/j.foodchem.2015.02.105
38 Nogaim QA, Al-Dalali S, Al-Badany A, Farh M. Determination of some heavy metals in Yemeni green coffee. J Applied Chem. 2014;2:13-8.
Nogaim QA Al-Dalali S Al-Badany A Farh M Determination of some heavy metals in Yemeni green coffee J Applied Chem 2014 2 13 8
39 Oliveira M, Ramos S, Delerue-Matos C, Morais S. Espresso beverages of pure origin coffee: mineral characterization, contribution for mineral intake and geographical discrimination. Food Chem. 2015;177:330-8. doi
1. World Health Organization. Health risks of heavy metals from long-range transboundary air pollution. Copenhagen: WHO; 2007.
2. Jaishankar M, Tseten T, Anbalagan N, et al. Toxicity, mechanism and health effects of some heavy metals. Interdiscip Toxicol 2014;7(2):60-72.
3. World Health Organization. Air Quality Guidelines for Europe. 2nd ed. Copenhagen: WHO; 2000.
4. Järup L. Hazards of heavy metal contamination. Br Med Bull 2003:68:167-82.
5. De Winter-Sorkina R, Bakker MI, van Donkersgoed G, et al. Dietary intake of
Monisha Jaishankar, Tenzin Tseten, Naresh Anbalagan, Blessy B. Mathew and Krishnamurthy N. Beeregowda
metal in soils and water. Environmental science and technology briefs for citizens. Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS.
Lamhamdi M, El Galiou O, Bakrim A, Novoa-Munoz JC, Arias-Estevez M, Aarab A, Lafont R. (2013). Eff ect of lead stress on mineral content and growth of wheat (Triticum aestivum and spinach (Spinacia oleracea) seedlings. Saudi J Biol Sci 20(1): 29-36.
Markowitz, M. (2000). Lead Poisoning. Pediatr Rev 21(10): 327-335.
Martin S, Griswold W. (2009). Human health eff ects of heavy metals. Environmental
Biljana Kaličanin, Dragan Velimirović, Ivana Arsić and Sofija Đorđević
. Determination of heavy metals for the quality contril in argentinian herbal medicines by ETAAS and ICP-OES. Food Chem Toxicol 2007; 45:1060-4. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2006.12.013
4. Caldas DE, Machado LL. Cadmium, mercury and lead in medicinal herbs in Brazil.Food Chem Toxicol 2004; 42:599-603. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2003.11.004
5. Ghosh M, Singh SP. A comparative study of cadmium phytoextraction by accumulator and weed species. Environ Pollut 2005; 133:365-71. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2004.05.015
Emmanuel Ike Ugwuja, Lawrence Ulu Ogbonnaya, Henry Uro-Chukwu, Johnson Akuma Obuna, Emeka Ogiji and Simon Uchenna Ezenkwa
Clayson DB. (2000). Toxicological Carcinogenesis. Florida, Lewis Publishers, pp. 113–136.
Ebonyi State Independent Electoral Commission (EBSIEC). (2011). Delineation of political wards in Ebonyi State. EBSIEC, Abakaliki.
Edeogu CO, Ekuma CE, Okaka ANC, Ezeonu FC, Uneke CJ, Elom SO. (2007). Public health significance of metals’ concentration in soil, water and staple foods in Abakaliki, South-eastern Nigeria. Trends in Applied Sciences Research 2 (5): 439–444.
Ehiri RC, Megwa UG, Omaka ON. (2010). Food Grinding Stones as a Source of Heavy Metals
Šárka Hřibová, Helena Zlámalová Gargošová and Milada Vávrová
Ministry of Environment of the Czech Republic, part 4, April 2007.
Mijangos I, Garbisu C. (2010). Consequences of soil sampling depth during the assessment of the eff ects of tillage and fertilization on soil quality: a common oversight. Soil and TillageResearch 109: 169-173.
Olorunfemi DI, Ogunsanwo MW. (2011). Evaluation of the diff erential growth conditions, heavy metal composition and cytogenetics of allium cepa by the use of chromosome aberration bioassay. Science World Journal 6: 21-25.
Ruggiero P, Pizzigallo MDR
Jacob K. Akintunde, Ganiyu Oboh and Akintunde A. Akindahunsi
Nduka JKC, Orisakwe OE, Nwangunna CK. (2007). Heavy Metals other than Lead in fl aked paints from buildings in Eastern Nigeria. Toxicol Ind Health 23: 525-528.
Nolan KR. (2003). Copper Toxicity Syndrome. J Orthomol Psych 12(4): 270-282.
Ogwuegbu MO, Ijioma MA. (2003). Eff ects of certain Heavy Metals on the population due to Mineral Exploitation. In: International Conference on Scientifi c and Environmental Issues In The Population, Environmental and Sustainable Development in Nigeria, University of Ado Ekiti State, Nigerian, pp 8
Piotr Bawiec, Magdalena Halabis, Zbigniew Marzec, Andrzej Kot, Janusz Solski and Kinga Gawel
1. Alomary A. Wedian F.: The Influence of Baking Fuel Types on the Residues of Some Heavy Metals in Jordanian Bread. JJC, 7(1), 2012.
2. Ambroziak Z.: Piekarstwo i ciastkarstwo, Wydawnictwo Naukowo Techniczne, Warszawa 1988.
3. Brüggemann J., Dorfner H. H., Heckt H. et al.: Status of Trace Elements in Staple Foods from Germany 1990-1994. FAO REH Technical Series 49, 1998.
4. Concise Statistical Yearbook of Poland 2012.
5. Grembecka M., Kusiuk A., Szefer P.: Content of
, Mohammed GD, Rabah A. (2011). Heavy metals (lead, cadmium and mercury) in maternal, cord blood and placenta of healthy women. Int Jour Hyg Environ Heal 214 : 79–101.
Sauk JJ, Somerman MJ. (1991). Physiology of bone: mineral compartment proteins as candidates for environmental perturbation by lead. Environ Health Perspect 91 : 9–16.
Schwartz BS, Chen S, Caffo B, Stewart WF, Bolla KI, Yousem D, et al., (2007). Relations of brain volumes with cognitive function in males 45 years and older with past lead exposure. Neuroimage 37 : 633–41.
Corina Eugenia Budin, Ruxandra Rajnoveanu, Ioana Roxana Bordea, Corina Marginean, Bianca Domokos, Elena Dantes and Doina Adina Todea
mutations and confirmed by the association between nicotine dependence and rs16969968. This allele mutation rs16969968 is responsible for increased addiction in adulthood to those who initiated smoking before 16 years of age. Thus, those who have the present mutation and initiate smoking under the age of 16 have an increased risk of becoming heavy smokers.
Although the genetic risk factor for nicotine addiction is present from birth, the distinct development of smoker/nonsmoker phenotypes and the degree of addiction is also influenced by the environment, which can