Alfredo Briones-Aranda, Manuela Castellanos-Pérez and Raquel Gómez-Pliego
1. International Diabetes Federation. 7th IDF diabetes atlas, Brussels, Belgium, 2015 pp 1-144. Accessed at: http://www.diabetesatlas.org
2. Ferrari AJ, Charlson FJ, Norman RE, et al. Burden of depressive disorders by country, sex, age, and year: findings from the global burden of disease study 2010. PLoS Med 10: 1001547, 2013.
3. Vos T, Flaxman AD, Naghavi M, et al. Years lived with disability (YLDs) for 1160 sequelae of 289 diseases and injuries 1990–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010
Nutr 84 (5): 737-745, 2000.
11. Kotronen A, Seppänen-Laakso T, Westerbacka J, et al . Comparison of lipid and fatty acid composition of the liver, subcutaneous and intra-abdominal adipose tissue, and serum. Obesity 18(5): 937-944, 2010.
12. Sumida T. Clinical and experimental study on fatty acid composition of bone marrow lipid in hematologic disorders. Acta Med Nagasaki 9(3): 222-241, 1965.
13. Andersson A, Nälsén C, Tengblad S, Vessby B. Fatty acid composition of skeletal muscle reflects dietary fat composition in humans. Am J Clin Nutr
replacement therapy, and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), prior cognitive impairment (older age, preexisting cognitive deficits, premorbid health conditions). [ 8 - 12]
The risk of developing psychological disability after discharge from intensive care, ranges from one to sixty two percent (%) in the form of depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) [ 6 , 12 - 15 ] The risk factors are same as for cognitive impairment and also include the female gender, lower education level, preexisting disability, and the use of
conventional diet in subjects with Type 2 diabetes. Diabet Med 28: 549-59, 2011.
34. Erejuwa OO, Sulaiman SA, Wahab MS. Honey-a novel antidiabetic agent. Int J Biol Sci 8: 913-934, 2012.
35. Erejuwa OO. The use of honey in diabetes mellitus: is it beneficial or detrimental? Int J Endocrinol Metab 10: 444-445, 2012.
36. Baldi A, Choudhary N, Kumar S. Nutraceuticals as therapeutic agents for holistic treatment of diabetes. Int J Green Pharm 7: 278-87, 2013.
37. Hari K, Baruah MM. Nutritional endocrine disorders. J
, Mallick BN. Presence of alpha-1 norepinephrinergic and GABA-A receptors on medial preoptic hypothalamus thermosensitive neurons and their role in integrating brainstem ascending reticular activating system inputs in thermoregulation in rats. Neuroscience 2009;158:833-44.
80. Raskind MA, Peskind ER, HoffDJ, Hart KL, Holmes HA, Warren D, et al. A parallel group placebo controlled study of prazosin for trauma nightmares and sleep disturbance in combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder. Biol Psychiatry 2007;61:928-34.
81. Hilakivi I
hematopoietic disorders that could alter cardiovascular condition.
Patients still consuming alcohol at the time of inclusion in the study were also excluded.
Patients with drug-induced encephalopathy.
Patients suffering from any other conditions causing encephalopathy.
Patients with severe complications of liver disease, including hepato-renal syndrome, gastrointestinal bleeding, bacterial infection, spontaneous bacterial peritonitis; patients who undergo treatment with systemic antibiotics, probiotics or norfloxacin for selective gut decontamination, any
Dora Zelena, Ophelie Menant, Frederic Andersson and Elodie Chaillou
Bales KL. Parenting in Animals. Curr Opin Psychol 15, 93-98, 2017.
Bandler R, Shipley MT. Columnar organization in the midbrain periaqueductal gray: modules for emotional expression? Trends Neurosci 17, 379-389, 1994.
Bandler R, Keay KA, Floyd N, Price J. Central circuits mediating patterned autonomic activity during active vs. passive emotional coping. Brain Res Bull 53, 95-104, 2000.
Barba-Muller E, Craddock S, Carmona S, Hoekzema E. Brain plasticity in pregnancy and the postpartum period: links to maternal caregiving
I Prieto, AB Segarra, M Martinez-Canamero, M De Gasparo, S Zorad and M Ramirez-Sanchez
-7)/Mas axis: A new target to reduce the cardiovascular risk to emotional stress. Neuropeptides 56, 9–17, 2016.
Fujiwara Y, Kubo M, Kohata Y, Yamagami H, Tanigawa T, Watanabe K, Watanabe T, Tominaga K, Arakawa T. Association between left-handedness and gastrointestinal symptoms. Digestion 84, 114–118, 2011.
Gao J, Marc Y, Iturrioz X, Leroux V, Balavoine F, Llorens-Cortes C. A new strategy for treating hypertension by blocking the activity of the brain renin-angiotensin system with aminopeptidase A inhibitors. Clin Sci (Lond) 127, 135–148, 2014
the liver to control spontaneous meal size in rats. Am J Physiol 264, R116-R122, 1993.
Gerozissis K. Brain insulin and feeding: a bi-directional communication. Eur J Pharmacol 490, 59-70, 2004.
Ghatei MA, Uttenthal LO, Christofides ND, Bryant MG, Bloom SR. Molecular forms of human enteroglucagon in tissue and plasma: plasma responses to nutrient stimuli in health and in disorders of the upper gastrointestinal tract. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 57, 488-495, 1983.
Gonthier MP, Hoareau L, Festy F, Matias I, Valenti M, Bes