-analysis. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res OTSR 2012; 98:795-802.
22. Limpaphayom N, Skaggs DL, McComb G. Complications of Halo Use in Children. Spine: 2009; 4 (15) 34;8: 779-784.
23. Barion A. Circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Dis. Mon. 2011; 57: 423-437.
24. Łopacińska I. Pacjent i jego rodzina na oddziale intensywnej opieki medycznej. - Probl Pielęg. 2009; 17(1):50-53.
25. Sivertsen B, Harvey AG, Pallesen S. et al. Mental health problems in adolescents with delayed sleep phase: Results from a large population
Justyna Kosydar-Bochenek, Bogumił Lewandowski, Dorota Ozga and Krystyna Woźniak
Wydawnictwo Psychologiczne GWP; 2003.
5. ICD-10. Międzynarodowa Statystyczna Klasyfikacja Chorób i Problemów Zdrowotnych. Rewizja dziesiąta. Klasyfikacja zaburzeń psychicznych i zaburzeń zachowania w ICD-10. Opisy kliniczne i wskazówki diagnostyczne. Kraków- Warszawa: Uniwersyteckie Wydawnictwo Medyczne „Vesalius”, Instytut Psychiatrii i Neurologii; 2000.
6. American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. Txt Revision. 4th ed. Washington; 2000.
7. Olasov Rothbaum B, Foa EB, Hembree EA
Jolanta Sułek, Maria Półtorak and Katarzyna Pańtak
In the following review there is described the case of 36-year-old patient with trauma-related fracture of cervical spine followed by tetraparesis resulting from compression and ischaemia foci of cervical spinal cord. On the basis of medical record’s analysis as well as on observation made by authors, the model of nursing process adjusted to patient’s needs is described in this article. In the course of hospitalization the typical complications were observed: respiratory tract infections, bedsores, water-electrolyte imbalances, arrhythmias, emotional disturbances resulting not only from injury but also, with high probability, as aftermath of post-traumatic stress. Material and methods. This paper discusses the case of a patient who was hospitalized at the University Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Hospital due to cervical spine and spinal cord injury. Method - a case study. Medical documentation was analyzed, including Intensive Care Unit (ICU) information cards and doctor and nurse reports. The purpose of this work was to assess the impact of cervical spine injury on nursing problems with a patient admitted to ICU under life-threatening conditions. Summary. This paper discusses the case of a 36-year-old patient with a broken cervical spine and a tetraplegia resulting from pressure and foci of ischemia in the cervical spine region. This article presents a nursing model, accounting for the problems specific to this patient, that is based on the analysis of medical documentation and observation. During hospitalization typical complications were observed - infections of the respiratory system, bedsores, electrolyte disruption, disruption of the electrical activity of the heart, emotional disturbance resulting from the injury, but also likely being post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in nature.
Patrycja Groszek, Bolesław Samoliński and Edyta Krzych-Fałta
Introduction. Cancer and its treatment can cause serious mental and physical disorders that greatly limit the autonomy and independence of patients and reduce their quality of life. Mastectomy violates woman‘s image both in their self-assessment and in their public reception. Among the consequences after mastectomy, there are problems in the physical sphere, which reduce everyday activities, there also appear problems with the mental state associated with the reduction of the sense of feminity.
Aim. The aim of the study was to identify health concerns of women after mastectomy.
Material and methods. The study included 40 randomly selected women after mastectomy aged over 20. The research tool used in the study was the original survey, consisting of 28 questions. The questions were designed in order to gather information about the health concerns of women after mastectomy. The analysis was performed using Statistica software.
Results. The disease changed for worse lives in 55% of women after mastectomy; 35% reported no impact and 10% of respondents admitted that the disease changed their lives for the better. The number of 22.5% of interviewees complained of frequently occurring low mood, depression and sadness, while 52.5% have experienced these emotions sometimes. Approximately 90% of respondents have been using a breast prosthesis after mastectomy. As many as 72.5% of women reported decrease in physical fitness after surgery, while 27.5% did not experience any change.
Conclusions. The mastectomy procedure has a negative impact on physical and emotional state of women.
Rian Adi Pamungkas, Kanittha Chamroonsawasdi and Paranee Vatanasomboon
negative responses to diabetes self-management, a seasonal mood disorder, and/or the presence of depression due to the illness or retirement during treatment. However, family members are on his side in order to provide emotional support, as well as help with problem-solving. This strategy can boost adherence to medication regimens, encourage a healthy diet, and maintain exercise behaviors. The patient-family relationship, cohesion, and patient-family member communication were achieved.
This model case illustrates successful achievement of all family functioning
. Effect of Music Therapy during Vaginal Delivery on Postpartum Pain Relief and Mental Health. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2014; 156: 194-199.
14. Liu YH, Chang MY, Chen CH. Effects of Music Therapy on Labour Pain and Anxiety in Taiwanese First-Time Mothers. Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2010; 19(7-8): 1065-1072.
15. Simavli S, Gumus I, Kaygusuz I, et al. Effect of Music on Labor Pain Relief, Anxiety Level and Postpartum Analgesic Requirement: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Gynecologic and Obstetric Investigation. 2014; 78
Danuta Zarzycka, Barbara Ślusarska, Beata Dobrowolska, Alina Deluga, Alina Trojanowska and Elżbieta Bartoń
, Selbstkonzept und prosozialem Handeln in der Kindheit (Development of empathy, self-concept and prosocial action in childhood) Hartung-Gorre, Konstanz 1993.
8. Bischoff-Wanner C. Empathie in der Pflege (Empathy in nursing). Hans Huber, Bern (2002) Gruen RJ., Mendelsohn G.: Emotional responses to affective displays in others: The distinction between empathy and sympathy. J Pers Soc Psychol. 2002; 51(1986): 609-614.
9. Adler HM. The sociophysiology of caring in the doctor-patient relationship. J Gen Intern Med. 2002; 17(11): 883-890. doi: 10
cognitive function in middleaged females, in addition to relieving depression and anxiety in old adults. Many studies indicated that dancing could improve physical fitness, mental health, and creativity; help develop social skills and provide entertainment well during aging; release emotional expression; and decrease stress, depression, loneliness, and dementia. Cultural dance can increase the physical activity and health. 10
Therefore, investigating whether mahjong and Chinese square dance improve the cognitive function in community empty-nest elderly or not is
Hui Xie, Pei-Wen Chen, Long Zhao, Xuan Sun and Xian-Jie Jia
Depression, which is a common emotional problem for some and a mental disorder for others, has serious effects on the physical health and mental health of the older population. Its detection rate is 6%–54.67%, 5 , 6 resulting in a deterioration of the quality of life and suicide among the older population, as well as a large economic burden on their families and the society. 7 However, there are a few studies on the influence of older adults’ activities of daily living (ADL) and depression on their family caregivers; the studies published have only measured outcome
Rong Tan, De-Ying Hu, Yan-Hong Han, Yi-Lan Liu, Xiao-Ping Ding, Shu-Jie Wang and Ke Xu
Suicide is a crucial global public health problem. According to the latest statistics, in 2012, there were approximately 803,900 people who committed suicide worldwide; approximately 120,730 of those suicide deaths occurred in China, where the suicide rate is 8.7 per 100,000 inhabitants and is estimated to account for 15% of suicides worldwide. 1 The World Health Organization has predicted that by 2020, mental disorders and suicide will become first on the list of total burden from diseases in China. 2
Patient safety has increasingly