Cats and dogs are routinely diagnosed with different forms of neoplasia. One of the simplest imaging techniques is radiography. This way one can assess neoplastic extent affecting soft and bone tissue. 493 radiographs from 235 dogs and cats have been reviewed. 372 radiographs for 94 dogs, an average of 5.2 images for every dog and 121 radiographs for 48 cats, an average of 2.5 images for each cat were done. 27 relevant or suspect radiographs were done in dogs, for a total of 14 neoplastic subjects, corresponding to 6 relevant or suspect images for a total of 3 neoplastic processes in cats. This is translated into a proportion of 7.25% relevant or suspect radiographs in dogs and 4.95% in cats. It also means that 14.89% of the dogs that require radiographic examination and 2.47% of the cats are suffering or are suspicious for neoplastic disease. 5 out of 14 (35%) dogs had relevant radiographs for bone tissue neoplasia, 1 dog (7%) for muscular neoplasia and 4 dogs (28.5%) were suspicious for digital (mixed soft tissue/ bone tissue) neoplasia. 1 out of 3 cats had relevant images for muscular neoplasia and 2 cats for maxillary/ acetabular neoplasia.
Ioan Mihai Japie, Radu Rădulescu, Adrian Bădilă, Ecaterina-Maria Japie, Alexandru Papuc, Traian Ciobanu, Adrian Dumitru and Cătălin Cîrstoiu
mineralization and bone mechanical properties in ovariectomized cynomolgus monkeys. Bone. 2013; 54:1-7.
11. Allen MR, Burr DB. Changes in vertebral strengh-density and energy absorption-density relationships following bisphosphonate treatment in beagle dogs. Osteoporos Int. 2008; 19:95-99.
12. Lee KJ, Yoo JJ, Oh KJ et al. Surgical outcome of intramedullary nailing in patients with complete atypical femoral fractures: a multicenter retrospective study. Injury, Int J Care Injured. 2017; 48:941-945.
13. Teo BJ, Koh JS, Goh SK et al. Post-operative outcomes of
Goodall, J. (1986). The Chimpanzees of Gombe: Patterns of Behavior. Belknap/Harvard University Press.
Héran, François (1988). Comme chiens et chats. Structures et genèse d'un conflit culturel. (Like dogs and cats.
Structures and genesis of a cultural conflict. In French). Ethnologie française, 18, 4: 325-337.
Ibsen, B. (2009) (Ed.). Nye stier i den kommunale idrætspolitik. (New paths in municipal sports policy. In Danish) Copenhagen: IDAN.
Kreuzer, H. (1969). Literarische und
Miłosz Czuba, Adam Zając, Stanisław Poprzecki and Jarosław Cholewa
. Chest. 92:310-312.
Farber M., Sullivan T., Fineberg N., Carlone S., Manfredi F. (1984) Effect of decreased O2 affinity of hemoglobin on work performance during exercise in healthy humans. J Lab Clin Med. ;104:166-175.
Fuller T. J., Nichols W. W., Brenner B. J., Peterson J. C. (1978) Reversible depression in myocardial performance in dogs with experimental phosphorus deficiency. J Clin Invest , 62:1194.
Gibby O. M., Veale K. E. A., Hayes T. M., Jones J. G., Wardrop C. A. J. (1978) Oxygen
Michal Botek, Jakub Krejčí, Andrew J. McKune and Iva Klimešová
Kingdom Routledge; 2003
Sandercock GR, Bromley PD, Brodie DA. Effects of exercise on heart rate variability: inferences from meta-analysis. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 2005; 37: 433-439 10.1249/01.MSS.0000155388.39002.9D
Sandercock GR Bromley PD Brodie DA Effects of exercise on heart rate variability: inferences from meta-analysis Med Sci Sports Exerc 2005 37 433 439
Schwartz PJ, Vanoli E, Stramba-Badiale M, De Ferrari GM, Billman GE, Foreman RD. Autonomic mechanisms and sudden death. New insights from analysis of baroreceptor reflexes in conscious dogs with and
Adrenomedullin: a hypotensive hormone in man Clin Sci Colch 1997 92 467 472
Lainchbury JG, Meyer DM, Jougasaki M, Burnett JC Jr, Redfield MM. Effects of adrenomedullin on load and myocardial performance in normal and heart-failure dogs. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol , 2000; 279: 1000-1006 10.1152/ajpheart.2000.279.3.H1000
Lainchbury JG Meyer DM Jougasaki M Burnett JC Jr Redfield MM Effects of adrenomedullin on load and myocardial performance in normal and heart-failure dogs Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2000 279 1000 1006
Lamping K. Interactions between NO and cAMP
Brunt D Short M Trimble M Liu SM Control strategies for initiation of human gait are influenced by accuracy constraints Neurosci Lett 2000 285 228 – >230
Burton NJ, Owen MR, Kirk LS, Toscano MJ, Colborne GR. Conservative versus arthroscopic management for medial coronoid process disease in dogs: a prospective gait evaluation. Vet Surg 2011; 40: 972–980 22091562
Burton NJ Owen MR Kirk LS Toscano MJ Colborne GR Conservative versus arthroscopic management for medial coronoid process disease in dogs: a prospective gait
Irina Predescu, Dragos Predescu, Codrut Sarafoleanu and Silviu Constantinoiu
anastomosis. Surg Forum., 1955;5:328-333.
21. Dai J.G., Liu Q.X., Den X.F., Min J.X. - Oesophageal flap valvuloplasty and wrapping suturing prevent gastrooesophageal reflux disease in dogs after oesophageal anastomosis. World J Gastroenterol., 2014;20(46):17434-17438. doi:10.3748/wjg.v20.i46.17434.
22. Zhi H.X., Ma J.S., Wang S.Y., Cao J.F., Han X.C., Zhou F.Y., Shi X.T., Mei P. - Intussusception anastomosis of the esophagus: a new method of anastomosis after resection of esophageal or cardiac carcinoma. J Surg Oncol., 1989
Alexander A. Vitin, Leonard Azamfirei, Dana Tomescu and John D. Lang
with lactic acidosis due to a poor cardiac output. Nephron 1994;66: 258-261.
16. Huang, Y. G., Wong, K. C., Yip, W. H., et al. Cardiovascular responses to graded doses of 3 catecholamines during lactic and hydrochloric acidosis in dogs. Br. J. Anaesth. 1995;74: 583-590.
17. Ishizaka H, Kuo L. Acidosis-induced coronary arteriolar dilation is mediated by ATP-sensitive potassium channels in vascular smooth muscle. Circ Res. 1996;78:50-7.
18. Pedoto A, Caruso JE, Nandi J, et al. Acidosis stimulates nitric oxide production