dangerous substance is acrolein, which is used as herbicide.
Acrolein could be responsible for COPD, asthma and lung cancer ( 9 ).
The list of effects is longer as a result of countless studies.
The impact of diet on smokers with different chronic respiratory diseases is also important. In managing COPD, many dietary options have been studied in order to find the best model. Higher intake of fruits and vegetables and vitamin C is associated with a slower forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV 1 ) decline rate ( 10 ). Better FEV 1 can be seen in an adequate
conflicting [ 1 , 39 ]. Mediterranean diet, characterized by high amounts of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, fish and olive oil, less red meat, and moderate alcohol intake, was previously thought to have a beneficial effect in reducing disease activity in RA [ 1 , 40 ]. But a recent prospective analysis did not show a n y positive result on it [ 39 ]. Fish oil contains a long chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, is believed to lower the inflammation in RA, but not yet proven [ 1 ]. To date, there is still no data about the association between a specific dietary pattern
Victoria Ancuța Rus, Florina Ruța, Maria Sălcudean, Monica Tarcea, Costela Șerban, Călin Avram, Iustinian Simion and Theodora Benedek
9. Lichtenstein AH, Appel LJ, Brands M, et al. Diet and lifestyle recommendations revision 2006. A scientific statement from the American Heart Association nutrition committee. Circulation . 2006;114:82-96.
10. Hyun K, Flavia CD. Diagnostic status of hypertension on the adherence to the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet. Prev Med Rep . 2016;4:525-531.
11. Fung TT, Chiuve SE, McCullough ML, Rexrode KM, Logroscino G, Hu FB. Adherence to a DASH-Style Diet and Risk of
Oana-Cristina Cînpeanu, Monica Tarcea, Paul Cojan, Daniel Iorga, Peter Olah and Raquel P.F. Guiné
6. Sami W, Ansari T, Butt NS, Ab Hamid MR. Effect on a diet on type 2 diabetes mellitus: a review. Int J Health Sci (Qassim) . 2017;11:171-177.
7. Azairs-Braesco V, Sluik D, Maillot M, Kok F, Moreno LA. A review of total & added sugar intakes and dietary sources in Europe. Nutr J . 2017;16:6.
8. Katz DL. The sodium debate: more or less about more or less. Integr Med (Encinitas) . 2014;13:29-31.
9. Ha SK. Dietary salt intake and hypertension. Electrolyte Blood Press . 2014;12:7-18.
10. World Health Organization. Salt reduction. https