Victoria Rus, Diana Opincariu, Roxana Hodas, Tiberiu Nyulas, Marian Hintea and Theodora Benedek
E, Permert J. Nutritional assessment and muscle energy metabolism in severe chronic congestive heart failure – effects of long-term dietary supplementation. Eur Heart J. 1994;15:1641-1650.
27. Iseki K, Yamazato M, Tozawa M, Takishita S. Hypocholesterolemia is a significant predictor of death in a cohort of chronic hemodialysis patients. Kidney Int. 2002;61:1887-1893. doi: 10.1046/j.1523-1755.2002.00324.x.
28. Tuikkala P, Hartikainen S, Korhonen MJ, et al. Serum total cholesterol levels and all-cause mortality in a home-dwelling elderly population: a
Victoria Ancuța Rus, Florina Ruța, Maria Sălcudean, Monica Tarcea, Costela Șerban, Călin Avram, Iustinian Simion and Theodora Benedek
9. Lichtenstein AH, Appel LJ, Brands M, et al. Diet and lifestyle recommendations revision 2006. A scientific statement from the American Heart Association nutrition committee. Circulation . 2006;114:82-96.
10. Hyun K, Flavia CD. Diagnostic status of hypertension on the adherence to the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet. Prev Med Rep . 2016;4:525-531.
11. Fung TT, Chiuve SE, McCullough ML, Rexrode KM, Logroscino G, Hu FB. Adherence to a DASH-Style Diet and Risk of
Oana-Cristina Cînpeanu, Monica Tarcea, Paul Cojan, Daniel Iorga, Peter Olah and Raquel P.F. Guiné
6. Sami W, Ansari T, Butt NS, Ab Hamid MR. Effect on a diet on type 2 diabetes mellitus: a review. Int J Health Sci (Qassim) . 2017;11:171-177.
7. Azairs-Braesco V, Sluik D, Maillot M, Kok F, Moreno LA. A review of total & added sugar intakes and dietary sources in Europe. Nutr J . 2017;16:6.
8. Katz DL. The sodium debate: more or less about more or less. Integr Med (Encinitas) . 2014;13:29-31.
9. Ha SK. Dietary salt intake and hypertension. Electrolyte Blood Press . 2014;12:7-18.
10. World Health Organization. Salt reduction. https
Mircea Mureșan, Simona Mureșan, Ioan Balmoș, Daniela Sala, Bogdan Suciu and Arpad Torok
reserved only for specific situations [ 38 ]. ( Figure 3 )
Surgical and endoscopic treatment indication according to location and perforation size.
When oesophageal perforation is suspected, dietaryintake and oral hydration are discontinued, and broad-spectrum antibiotic therapy is initiated to prevent infections usually caused by Gram-positive, gramnegative, and anaerobic microorganisms. Antifungal agents are normally prescribed to immunosuppressed patients. Blood culture results will indicate appropriate antibiotic therapy [ 29 , 38