1. Bovio G, Esposito C, Montagna G, et al. Inadequate macronutrient and micronutrient intakes in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis patients: data from a seven-day weighed dietary record. Nephron. 2016; 133: 253–260.
2. De Mutsert R, Grootendorst DC, Boeschoten EW, et al. Netherlands Cooperative Study on the Adequacy of Dialysis-2 Study Group: Subjective global assessment of nutritional status is strongly associated with mortality in chronic dialysis patients. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2009; 89: 787–793.
dairy intakes of adolescents are associated with their home environment, taste preferences, personal health beliefs, and meal patterns. J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106:1816-24.
5. Pon LW, Noor-Aini MY, Ong FB, Frcog AN, Mog SS, Shamsuddin K, et al. Diet, nutritional knowledge and health status of urban middle-aged Malaysian women. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006; 15:388-99.
6. Pongchaiyakul C, Charoenkiatkul S, Kosulwat V, Rojroongwasinkul N, Rajatanavin R. Dietary calcium intake among rural Thais in Northeastern Thailand. J Med Assoc Thai. 2008
Chajchawan Nakhakes, Somluk Jaruluxananan, Yuthana Saengsuda and Sureerat Saengsuda
geographic area, dietary calcium intake, and ethnicity, we cannot assume the same prevalence in Thailand as in Mediterranean Europe and the Middle East. The objective of this study was to measure the prevalence of osteoporosis in patients with nonmajor thalassemia in Thailand.
Osteoporosis is a prominent cause of morbidity in children and adults of both sexes with thalassemia [ 4 - 6 ]. Pathogenesis of thalassemia-induced osteoporosis (TIO) involves ineffective erythropoiesis and bone marrow expansion, endocrine complications, iron overload and iron chelation therapy
Juraiporn Somboonwong, Khunkhong Huchaiyaphum, Onanong Kulaputana and Phisit Prapunwattana
. 1986 250 R1003 6
27 Palmquist DL. The role of dietary fats in efficiency of ruminants. J Nutr. 1994; 124:1377S-82S. Palmquist DL. The role of dietary fats in efficiency of ruminants J Nutr. 1994 124 1377S 82S
28 Choi BR, Palmquist DL. High fat diets increase plasma cholecystokinin and pancreatic polypeptide, and decrease plasma insulin and feed intake in lactating cows. J Nutr. 1996; 126:2913-9. Choi BR Palmquist DL. High fat diets increase plasma cholecystokinin and pancreatic polypeptide, and decrease plasma insulin and feed intake in
Mariana Genova, B. Atanasova, I. Ivanova, K. Todorova and D. Svinarov
1. Diagnostic criteria and classification of hyperglycaemia first detected in pregnancy (WHO/NMH/ MND/13.2). Geneva: World Health Organization; 2013.
2. Beckmann CRB, Ling F, Herbert WNP et al. Obstetrics and Gynecology. 7th ed. Baltimore; Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2014.
3. Bowers K, Yeung E, Williams MA et al. A prospective study of prepregnancy dietary iron intake and risk for gestational diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 2011;34 (7):1557-63.
4. Ganz T, Nemeth E. Hepcidin and
Thanyaphon Khammeree, Ratana Vichiansiri, Kittisak Sawanyawisuth and Nuttaset Manimmanakorn
, thyroid hormone, or vitamin D. Eligible patients provided written informed consent before participating. The anonymity of the data received was assured.
All patients who met the study criteria were interviewed and checked for vitamin D levels. One of the authors (TK) interviewed all patients regarding baseline characteristics including SCI data, history of dietaryintake, history of sunlight exposure, and history of sunscreen use. Sources and frequency of vitamin D and calcium dietary consumption were evaluated for the previous six months. These were classified as
and lifestyle risk factors of gastric cancer. Arch Irani Med. 2013;16(6):358-65.
14. Brenner DR, Wozniak MB, Feyt C et al. Physical activity and risk of pancreatic cancer in a central European multicenter case-control study. CCC. 2014;25(6):669-81.
15. Bailie L, Loughrey MB, Coleman HG. Lifestyle Risk Factors for Serrated Colorectal Polyps: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Gastroenterology. 2017;152(1):92-104.
16. Mahfouz EM, Sadek RR, Abdel-Latief WM et al. The role of dietary and lifestyle factors in the development of colorectal cancer
Adawan Permpanich, Vithaya Kulsomboon and Kamol Udol
populations, baseline consumption of fish, doses and duration of n-3 PUFAs treatment [ 11 - 16 ]. Dose response and time course of n-3 PUFAs intake contribute to the physiologic effects which are most likely to account for CV risk reduction [ 17 ]. As such, a meta-analysis of studies using high concentration of n-3 PUFAs for at least 1-year, which would be long enough for n-3 PUFAs to demonstrate efficacy, would be a suitable evidence of the effectiveness of n-3 PUFAs in specific groups of patients.
Due to the development of medications and technologies, people tend to
Bisphenol A (BPA), a xenoestrogenic monomer, is a common industrial chemical and is used to synthesize polycarbonate plastic polymers, which are applied to manufacture of various products such as compact discs, automobile parts, plastic water and baby bottles, plastic dinnerware, eyeglass lenses, toys, and thermal paper, and epoxy resin linings in cans for food products [ 1 ]. Over 3 thousand million kilograms of BPA are produced each year. Recent studies have shown that dietary ingestion is a major route (99%) of human exposure to BPA contamination, especially