Hülya Türkan, Ahmet Aydin, Ahmet Sayal, Ayşe Eken, Cemal Akay and Bensu Karahalil
plasma and erythrocytes. Clin Chem 1982;28:311-6.
Jain SK. Hyperglycemia can cause membrane lipid peroxidation and osmotic fragility in human red blood cells. J Biol Chem 1989;264:21340-5.
Luterotti S, Žanić-Grubišić T, Juretić D. Rapid and simple method for the determination of copper, manganese, and zinc in rat liver by direct flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Analyst 1992;117:141-3.
Chi CH, Shiesh SC, Lin XZ. Total antioxidant capacity and malondialdehyde in acute abdominal pain. Am J
lower levels of IL-6 [7,8].
α1-Antitrypsin (A1AT) is an acute phase protein produced primarily in the hepatocytes. The blood concentration of A1AT increases three to four times in response to inflammation or tissue injury [ 9 ]. Interestingly, A1AT deficiency is associated with chronic liver disease and pulmonary emphysema [ 10 ]. So far, over 100 variants have been discovered in the A1AT gene [ 11 ]. The wild type M allele is associated with normal concentrations of A1AT in the serum, while the S allele (Glu264Val, rs17580) and Z allele (Glu342Lys, rs28929474
N Vučinić, E Stokić, I Djan, D Obreht, N Veličković, K Stankov and M Djan
During the past 50 years, numerous dramatic changes in human environment as well as behavioral and lifestyle changes, have led to a global increase in obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). Both diseases are reaching epidemic proportions in developed and developing countries and their co-occurrence represents one of the biggest health threats in the 21st century [ 1 , 2 ].
Metabolic syndrome (MetS) has been described as a cluster of risk factors for cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) and T2DM, primarily due to the existence of abdominal
R Dambrauskienė, R Gerbutavičius, R Ugenskienė, R Jankauskaitė, A Savukaitytė, R Šimoliūnienė, M Rudžianskienė, R Gerbutavičienė and E Juozaitytė
, such as ischemic stroke, myocardial infarction, transient ischemic attack, unstable angina, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) of the legs, thrombosis of abdominal veins, and thrombosis of the pulmonary artery, were defined as vascular events. All comparisons were performed between the thrombosis and the thrombosis-free groups for all ET, PV and PMF patients. This study was conducted with the permission of the regional biomedical research ethics committee and in accordance with good clinical and laboratory practices and the principles of the Declaration of Helsinki. A signed
M Irfan, M Ismail, M Azhar Beg, A Shabbir, A Rashid Kayani and G Kaukab Raja
[ 13 ] and stress [ 14 ], screened by using standard scales, respectively, were also excluded. The past and present infections (mumps, high fever, tuberculosis, lung infections, reproductive tract infections and antisperm antibodies) and testicular or abdominalinjury/surgery or vasectomy and Y-chromosome micro-deletions, were also excluded. Moreover, men (both fertile and infertile) with hormonal disorders [tri-iodothyronine (T 3 ), tetra-iodothyronine (T 4 ), thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), luteinizing hormone (LH
40. Richardson CA, Topperberg R, Jull GA. An initial evaluation of eight abdominal exercises for their ability to provide stabilization of the lumbar spine, Aust J Physio, 1990; 36: 6-11
41. Riemann BL, Guskiewicz KM. Proprioception and Neuromuscular Control in Joint Stability. J Hum Kinet, 37-51; 2000
42. Sands WA, Schultz BB, Newman AP. Women’s gymnastics injuries. A 5-year study. Am J Sports Med, 1993; 21: 271-276
43. Sward L, Hellstrom M, Jacobsson B, Peterson L. Back pain and radiologic changes
Daniel Ion, Dan Nicolae Păduraru, Florentina Mușat, Octavian Andronic and Alexandra Bolocan
1. De Waele JJ, Ejike JC, Leppäniemi A, De Keulenaer BL, De Laet I, Kirkpatrick AW, Roberts DJ, Kimball E, Ivatury R, Malbrain ML. Intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome in pancreatitis, paediatrics, and trauma. Anaesthesiol Intensive Ther. 2015; 47(3):219-27. doi: 10.5603/AIT.a2015.0027.
2. Strang SG, Van Imhoff DL, Van Lieshout EM, D’Amours SK, Van Waes OJ. Identifying patients at risk for highgrade intra-abdominal hypertension following trauma laparotomy. Injury. 2015 May; 46(5):843-8. doi: 10.1016/j.injury.2014
angiographically. Surg Radiol Anat. 2001; 23:349-52.
4. Hazirolan T, Metin Y, Karaosmanoglu AD, Canyigit M, Turkbey B, Oguz BS, et al. Mesenteric arterial variations detected at MDCT angiography of abdominal aorta. AJR. 2009; 192:1097-102.
5. Lee JM, Lee YJ, Kim CW, Moon KM, Kim MW. Clinical implications of an aberrant right hepatic artery in patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy. World J Surg. 2009; 33:1727-32.
6. Civelek AC, Sitzmann JV, Chin BB, Venbrux A, Wagner HN, Jr., Grochow LB. Misperfusion of the liver during
HH, Strom PR, Mullins RJ. Management of the major coagulopathy with onset during laparotomy. Ann Surg. 1983; 197:532-5.
6. Rotondo MF, Schwab CW, McGonigal MD, Phillips GR 3rd, Fruchterman TM, Kauder DR, et al. Damage control: an approach for improved survival in exsanguinating penetrating abdominalinjury. J Trauma. 1993; 35:375-82.
7. Wall MJ Jr, Villavicencio RT, Miller CC, Aucar JA, Granchi TA, Liscum KR, et al. Pulmonary tractotomy as an abbreviated thoracotomy technique. J Trauma. 1998; 45:1015-23.
8. Vargo DJ