AASEN T, RAYA A, BARRARO MJ et al. Efficient and rapid generation of induced pluripotent stem cells from human keratinocytes. Nature Biotechnol 2008; 26: 1276-1284.
 ALBERTS B, BRAY D, HOPKIN K et al. Essential Cell Biology, 2005 PWN.
 AL-HAJJ M, CLARKE MF. Self-renewal and solid tumor stem cells. Oncogene 2004; 23: 7274-7282.
 ALLAN DS, KEENEY M, HOWSON-JAN K et al. Number of viable CD34+ cells reinfused predicts engrafment in autologous hemopoietic stem cell
Magdalena Rojewska, Małgorzata Popis, Maurycy Jankowski, Dorota Bukowska, Paweł Antosik and Bartosz Kempisty
1. van Bekkum DW. Stem cell transplantation in experimental models of autoimmune disease. J Clin Immunol. 2000;20(1):10–6.
2. Angelini A, Castellani C, Ravara B, Franzin C, Pozzobon M, Tavano R, Libera LD, Papini E, Vettor R, Coppi P de, Thiene G, Vescovo G. Stem-cell therapy in an experimental model of pulmonary hypertension and right heart failure: role of paracrine and neurohormonal milieu in the remodeling process. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2011;30(11):1281–93; DOI:10.1016/j.healun.2011.07.017.
3. Elsaadany B, El Kholy S, El Rouby
Marius Mihai Harpa, Ionela Movileanu, Leslie Neil Sierad, Ovidiu Simion Cotoi, Horatiu Suciu, Carmen Sircuta, Terezia Preda, Dan Nistor, Klara Branzaniuc, Radu Deac, Michael Dandel, Simona Gurzu, Lucian Harceaga, Peter Olah, Agneta Simionescu and Dan Simionescu
valves with tissue-engineered grafts. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013 Aug;19(15-16):1686-94. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tea.2012.0074
7. Tedder ME, Simionescu A, Chen J, Liao J, Simionescu DT. Assembly and testing of stem cell-seeded layered collagen constructs for heart valve tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011 Jan;17(1-2):25-36. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tea.2010.0138
8. Ku CH, Johnson PH, Batten P, Sarathchandra P, Chambers RC, Taylor PM, et al. Collagen synthesis by mesenchymal stem cells and aortic valve interstitial cells in response to mechanical stretch. Cardiovasc
Samir Ibrahim, Joanna Rybacka-Mossakowska and Sławomir Michalak
. Multilineage cells from human adipose tissue: implications for cell-based therapies. Tissue Eng. 2001;7(2):211.
26. Crisan M, Yap S, Casteilla L, Chen CW, Corselli M, Park TS. et al. A perivascular origin for mesenchymal stem cells in multiple human organs. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3(3):301.
27. Bourin P, Bunnell BA, Casteilla L, Dominici M, Katz AJ, March KL et al. Stromal cells from the adipose tissue-derived stromal vascular fraction and culture expanded adipose tissue-derived stromal/stem cells: a joint statement of the International Federation for Adipose
Cristiano Ialongo, Alessia Francesca Mozzi and Sergio Bernardini
1. Lucarelli G, Isgro A, Sodani P, Gaziev J. Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in thalassemia and sickle cell anemia. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Med 2012; 2: a011825.
2. Russell JA, Kangarloo SB. Therapeutic drug monitoring of busulfan in transplantation. Curr Pharm Des 2008; 14: 1936-49.
3. Iwamoto T, Hiraku Y, Oikawa S, Mizutani H, Kojima M, Kawanishi S. DNA intrastrand cross-link at the 5’-GA-3’ sequence formed by busulfan and its role in the cytotoxic effect. Cancer Sci 2004; 95: 454
Ghosh P. Journal stem cell work ‘blocked’. BBC 2010; February 2. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8490291.stm) http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8490291.stm
Garfield E. Demand citation vigilance. Scientist 2002; 16: 6-7.
Goldberg DM. Is scientific publishing a criminal activity? Clin Biochem 2006; 39: 473-81.
Roll-Hansen N. The Lysenko effect: undermining the autonomy of science. Endeavour 2005; 29: 143-7.
Monbiot G. Climate change email scandal
Erzsébet Domokos, Lilla Laura Csősz, Béla Darkó and László Jakab-Farkas
Recent studies have shown that vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae stimulate plant growth in case of Artemisia annua plants. According to these studies mycorrhization can enhance plant height and biomasses, shoot branching and inter-nodal length, foliar glandular hair density, and nutrient status of shoots and leafs. Contradictory data were obtained in case of leaf chlorophyll content and photosynthetic rate. The effects of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae on roots, shoots and leafs anatomy of A. annua have not been studied yet. The aim of this paper was to compare the microscopic characteristics of the vegetative organs from the Artemisia annua plants treated with vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizae, with those from the control plants. Rhizophagus irregularis influenced the development of vascular tissues in root and stem of Artemisia plants by increasing their surface in the organs. Mycorrhization also reduced the percentage of lignification in the cortex of the root, increased the percentage of palisade parenchyma in leaf and had a positive effect on foliar glandular hair density. Further investigations are necessary to find out the role of these histo-anatomic alterations in the growth and development of Artemisia plants.