Marius Mihai Harpa, Ionela Movileanu, Leslie Neil Sierad, Ovidiu Simion Cotoi, Horatiu Suciu, Carmen Sircuta, Terezia Preda, Dan Nistor, Klara Branzaniuc, Radu Deac, Michael Dandel, Simona Gurzu, Lucian Harceaga, Peter Olah, Agneta Simionescu and Dan Simionescu
valves with tissue-engineered grafts. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013 Aug;19(15-16):1686-94. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tea.2012.0074
7. Tedder ME, Simionescu A, Chen J, Liao J, Simionescu DT. Assembly and testing of stem cell-seeded layered collagen constructs for heart valve tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2011 Jan;17(1-2):25-36. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tea.2010.0138
8. Ku CH, Johnson PH, Batten P, Sarathchandra P, Chambers RC, Taylor PM, et al. Collagen synthesis by mesenchymal stem cells and aortic valve interstitial cells in response to mechanical stretch. Cardiovasc
Ondine Lucaciu, Dan Gheban, Olga Soriţau, Mihaela Băciuţ, Radu Septimiu Câmpian and Grigore Băciuţ
4. Shastri P. Future of Regenerative Medicine: Challenges and Hurdles. Artificial Organs. 2006;30(10):828-34. DOI: 10.1111/j.1525-1594.2006.00307.x
5. Polini A, Pisignano D, Parodi M, Quarto R, Scaglione S. Osteoinduction of human mesenchymal stem cells by bioactive composite scaffolds without supplemental osteogenic growth factors. PLoS One. 2011;6(10):e26211. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0026211 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0026211
6. Firoozabadi R, Morsher S, Engelke K, Prevrhal S, Fierlinger A, Miclau T 3rd, Genant HK. Qualitative and
Cytogenetic Nomenclature. Basel, Switzerland: 2013: 78-79.
20. Kekre N, Ho VT. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for myelofibrosis and chronic myelomonocytic leukemia. Am J Hematol. 2015 Nov;91(1):123-30. DOI: 10.1002/ajh.24215.
21. Symeonidis A, van Biezen A, de Wreede L, Piciocchi A, Finke J, Beelen D, et al. Achievement of complete remission predicts outcome of allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation in patients with chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia. A study of the chronic malignancies working party of the
42. Takahashi K, Yamanaka S. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from mouse embryonic and adult fibroblast cultures by defined factors. Cell. 2006 Aug 25;126(4):663-76. DOI: 10.1016/j.cell.2006.07.024
43. Takahashi K, Tanabe K, Ohnuki M, Narita M, Ichisaka T, Tomoda K, et al. Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell. 2007 Nov 30;131(5):861-72. DOI: 10.1016/j. cell.2007.11.019
44. Pessach IM, Ordovas-Montanes J, Zhang SY, Casanova JL, Giliani S, Gennery AR, et
Marius Harpa, Ionela Movileanu, Leslie Sierad, Ovidiu Cotoi, Horațiu Suciu, Terezia Preda, Dan Nistor, Carmen Sircuța, Klara Brânzaniuc, Radu Deac, Simona Gurzu, Lucian Harceaga, Peter Olah, Dan Simionescu, Michael Dandel and Agneta Simionescu
Valve Scaffolds Obtained by Complete Decellularization of Porcine Aortic Roots in a Novel Differential Pressure Gradient Perfusion System. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2015 Dec;21(12):1284-96. DOI: 10.1089/ten.tec.2015.0170.
6. Gimble J, Guilak F. Adipose-derived adult stem cells: isolation, characterization, and differentiation potential. Cytotherapy. 2003;5(5):362-9. DOI: 10.1080/14653240310003026.
7. Schoen FJ. Heart valve tissue engineering: quo vadis? Curr Opin Biotechnol. 2011 Oct;22(5):698-705. DOI: 10.1016/j.copbio.2011
Mihaela Cîrstea, Adriana Coliță, Bogdan Ionescu, Alexandra Ghiaur, Didona Vasilescu, Camelia Dobrea, Cerasela Jardan, Mihaela Dragomir, Anca Gheorghe, Zsofia Várady and Anca Roxana Lupu
In the 2016 revision of the World Health Organization classification the term therapy-related myeloid neoplasia (t-MN) defines a subgroup of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) comprising patients who develop myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS-t) or acute myeloid leukemia (AML-t) after treatment with cytotoxic and/or radiation therapy for various malignancies or autoimmune disorders. We report the case of a 36 year old patient with t-MN (t-MDS) after achieving complete remission (CR) of a PML-RARA positive acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) at 32 months after diagnosis. Initially classified as low risk APL and treated according to the AIDA protocol - induction and 3 consolidation cycles - the patient achieved a complete molecular response in September 2013 and started maintenance therapy. On follow-up PML-RARA transcript remained negative. In January 2016 leukopenia and thrombocytopenia developed and a peripheral blood smear revealed hypogranular and agranular neutrophils. Immunophenotyping in the bone marrow aspirate identified undifferentiated blast cells that did not express cytoplasmic myeloperoxidase. The cytogenetic study showed normal karyotype. The molecular biology tests not identified PMLRARA transcript. A diagnosis of t-MDS (AREB-2 - WHO 2008) was established. Treatment of AML was started with 2 “3+7” regimens and 1 MEC cycle. Two months from diagnosis, while in CR, an allogeneic HSCT from an unrelated HLA compatible donor was performed after myeloablative regimen. An unfavorable clinical evolution was followed by death on day 9 after transplantation. The occurrence of t-MNs during CR of APL represents a particular problem in terms of follow-up and differential diagnosis of relapse and constitutes a dramatic complication for a disease with a favorable prognosis.
This work was supported by the grants PN 41-087 /PN2-099 from the Romanian Ministry of Research and Technology
Adelina Munteanu, Marilena Gilca, Gheorghita Isvoranu, Mihaela Surcel, Laura Ceafalan and Gina Manda
cell therapy in a porcine acute myocardial infarction model induces cardiac hypertrophy, mediated by paracrine secretion of cardiotrophic factors including TGFbeta1. Stem Cells Dev. 2008;17(5):941-51. DOI: 10.1089/scd.2007.0214.
6. Jujo K, Ii M, Losordo DW. Endothelial progenitor cells in neovascularization of infarcted myocardium. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;45(4):530-44. DOI: 10.1016/j. yjmcc.2008.08.003.
7. Freyman T, Polin G, Osman H, Crary J, Lu M, Cheng L, et al. A quantitative, randomized study evaluating three methods of
Aurelia Tatic, Cerasela Jardan, Otilia Georgescu, Oana Stanca, Madalina Vasilica, Sorina Badelita, Ana Manuela Crisan, Adriana Colita, Dan Colita, Genica Vulcan, Anca Roxana Lupu, Ionel Iosif and Daniel Coriu
, Bacigalupo A., Meloni G., Jacobsen N. et al:Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with myelodysplastic syndromes and secondary acute myeloid leukemias: A report on behalf of the Chronic Leukaemia Working Party of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT).Br J Haematol,2000;110:620-630.
Andreea Oltean, Mihaela Ioana Chincesan, Oana Marginean and Emoke Horvath
Myelodysplastic syndromes are a heterogeneous group of clonal disorders characterized by peripheral blood cytopenia and normal or hypercellular bone marrow with dysplasia in more than one blood cell lineage, unfavorable prognosis, and lack of response to treatment. We present the case of a 12-year-old male patient who was referred to the Hematology and Oncology Department of Pediatric Clinic I Târgu- Mures in May 2016, with splenomegaly and pancytopenia. The osteomedullary biopsy revealed myelofibrosis, discrete dysplasia of the myeloid series and megakaryocytes, blasts CD34+ approximately 10%, which led to the diagnosis of myelodysplastic syndrome with myelofibrosis. The myeloid precursors indicated a high risk of transformation into acute myeloid leukemia, so chemotherapy associated with corticosteroids was started, leading to slight improvements. Although myelodysplastic syndrome associated with myelofibrosis is rare at this age, despite the treatment and favorable progression in the case presented, in the absence of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation the prognosis remains unfavorable.