Hepatitis is a global disease that is on the rise and is currently the cause of more deaths than the human immunodeficiency virus each year. As a result, there is an increasing need for antivirals. Previously, effective antivirals have been found in the form of substrate-mimetic antiviral protease inhibitors. The application of machine learning has been used to predict cleavage patterns of viral proteases to provide information for future drug design. This study has successfully applied and compared several machine learning algorithms to hepatitis C viral NS3 serine protease cleavage data. Results have found that differences in sequence-extraction methods can outweigh differences in algorithm choice. Models produced from pseudo-coded datasets all performed with high accuracy and outperformed models created with orthogonal-coded datasets. However, no single pseudo-model performed significantly better than any other. Evaluation of performance measures also show that the correct choice of model scoring system is essential for unbiased model assessment.
Evgeni Eltzov, Abri Lavena De Cesarea, ‘Yuen Kei Adarina Low and Robert S. Marks
homes in Edmonton, Canada. Building and Environment, 2015; 90: p. 114-124.
6. Bako-Biro Z, Wargocki P, Weschler CJ,Fanger PO, Effects of pollution from personal computers on perceived air quality, SBS symptoms and productivity in offices. Indoor Air, 2004; 14(3): p. 178-187.
7. Lee SC, Chan LY,Chiu MY, Indoor and outdoor air quality investigation at 14 public places in Hong Kong. Environment International, 1999; 25(4): p. 443-450.
8. Hong T, Kim J,Lee M, Integrated task performance score for the building occupants based on the CO2 concentration and
tree fuzzy rules. Int J Res Rev Comput Sci 2012; 3(3): 1659-1667.
24. Rao A, Yadu N, Pimpalwar Y, Sinha S. Utility of coronary artery calcium scores in predicting coronary atherosclerosis amongst patients with moderate risk of coronary artery disease, Journal of Indian College of Cardiology 2017; 7: 55-59.
25. Manabe O, Naya M, Tamaki N. Feasibility of PET for the management of coronary artery disease: Comparison between CFR and FFR, Journal of Cardiology 2017; 70(2): 135-140
26. Ngiam J, Coates A, Lahiri A, Prochnow B
Prima Dewi Sinawang, Dorin Harpaz, Luka Fajs, Raymond Chee Seong Seet, Alfred Iing Yoong Tok and Robert S. Marks
. Epub 2013/08/31. Eng.
38. Chen X, Zhan X, Chen M, Lei H, Wang Y, Wei D, et al. The prognostic value of combined NT-pro-BNP levels and NIHSS scores in patients with acute ischemic stroke. Internal medicine (Tokyo, Japan). 2012;51(20):2887-92. PubMed PMID: 23064562. Epub 2012/10/16. Eng.
39. Montaner J, Garcia-Berrocoso T, Mendioroz M, Palacios M, Perea- Gainza M, Delgado P, et al. Brain natriuretic peptide is associated with worsening and mortality in acute stroke patients but adds no prognostic value to clinical predictors of outcome