Daniel Osezua Aikhuele, Shahryar Sorooshian, Richard Hannis Ansah and Faiz Mohd Turan
-Based Syst., vol. 80, pp. 131-142, 2015.
18. D. O. Aikhuele and F. M. Turan, “A modified exponential score function for troubleshooting an improved locally made Offshore Patrol Boat engine,” J. Mar. Eng. Technol., vol. 4177, no. February, 2017.
19. Z. Xu, S. Member, and H. Liao, “Intuitionistic fuzzyanalytic hierarchy process,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 749-761, 2014.
20. D. O. Aikhuele and F. B. M. Turan, “An Improved Methodology for Multi-criteria Evaluations in the Shipping Industry,” Brodogradnja
Mehdi Ghazanfari, Saeed Rouhani and Mostafa Jafari
Journal, 2008. 19(1), pp. 37-53
14. Yu L., Wang S., K. K. Lai: An intelligent-agent-based fuzzy group decision making model for financial multicriteria decision support: the case of credit scoring. European Journal of Operational Research, 2009. 195(3), pp. 942-959
15. Zack M. H.: The role of decision support systems in an indeterminate world. Decision Support Systems, 2007. 43(4): pp. 1664-1674
16. Lamptey G., Labi S., Li Z.: Decision support for optimal scheduling of highway pavement preventive maintenance within
Coastline is one type of valuable non-renewable resources. From the perspective of economic theory, it can gather population, promote traffic construction, and then improve the level of international trade. The research object of this paper is the coastline resource in Dafeng area. Firstly, we have a brief summary of the existing coastline evaluation literature, then introduce the location and natural attributes of the coastline resources in Dafeng. Following that, the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) model is used to build the economic evaluation index system based on the characteristics of coastline in Dafeng. Specially, this index system consists of 6 factors, and a total of 41 detailed indicators were chosen including water depth, GDP, etc. On this basis, we use the assignment method to quantify the weight of each index, and calculate the comprehensive score of coastline resource by using the YAAHP software. The final conclusion is as follows: The total score of economic evaluation of coastline resource in Dafeng is 0.87. Therefore, the coastline resource in Dafeng will eventually be constructed a unique coastal economic zone, where the implemented port industrial projects will include shipbuilding, logistics, mechanical processing etc.
Previous research on port efficiency focuses primarily on the provider’s perspective and assumes that maximizing the output is always desirable. This paper recognizes that maximizing the final output does not necessarily guarantee an efficient system and the notion of port efficiency and service effectiveness needs to be considered from the perspectives of both the provider and the consumer of the port service. The paper proposes a network-DEA model to evaluate the performances of 30 seaports worldwide. The concurrent consideration of efficiency scores from the network-DEA model and the traditional DEA-CCR model will offer valuable insights to port operators on how to improve port performances as part of a seaborne cargo supply chain.