Akshay Sharma, Madhumeet Singh, Pravesh Kumar and Pradeep Kumar Dogra
1. Cerri, R.L.A., Santos, J.E.P., & Juchem. S.O., Galvao, K.N., Chebel, R.C. (2004). Timed artificial insemination with estradiol cypionate or insemination at estrus in high-producing dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 87(11), 3704-3715.
2. Edmonson, A.J., Lean, I.J., Weaver, L.D., Farver, T. and Webster, G. (1989). A body condition scoring chart of Holstein dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science, 72(1), 68-78.
3. Kamimura, S., Ohgi, T., & Takahashi, M., Tsukamoto, T. (1993). Postpartum resumption of ovarian activity and uterine
Eisa Ebrahimi Dorche, Pejman Fathi and Alireza Esmaeili Ofogh
, using selected trophic and taxonomic metrics as state variables, Ecol. Modell. 207: 109–127.
Chawaka S.N., Boets P., Mereta S.T.T., Ho L.L.M., Goethals P., 2018, Using macroinvertebrates and birds to assess the environmental status of wetlands across different climatic zones in Southwestern Ethiopia, Wetlands 38(4): 653–665.
Czeniawska-Kusza I., 2005, Comparing modified Biological Monitoring Working Party score system and several biological indices based on macroinvertebrates for water quailty assessment, Limnologica 35(3): 169–176.
Davis J., Horwitz
Raimondo Gallo, Gianluca Ristorto, Alex Bojeri, Nadia Zorzi, Gabriele Daglio, Monica Fernanda Rinaldi, Giuliano Sauli and Fabrizio Mazzetto
reaches, in order to monitor the eco-morphological quality related to the present situation or to forecast how potential new hydraulic infrastructures can affect the eco-morphological status of the monitored river.
To perform these assessments, the procedures implemented in the platform apply multidimensional-analysis approaches according to a proper score system in order to obtain the WEQUI index. Due to the early stage of the project, the paper presents and describes two of the algorithms developed. These algorithms are able to classify in a semi-automatic way the
iterative adaptation of the estimate, which in total should account for 100% when adding all estimated values and iii) by the non-additive properties of these scores, which do not allow for the computation of meaningful sums or means. In such cases, the mid-point of the corresponding interval of the score is often imputed (i.e., a percent value of 62.5 is assumed instead of a score corresponding to an interval from 50 to 75%). It is straightforward that the sum of the assumed values of all species cannot reproduce the sum of the real values of the species. They are just a
. 2000. Bird station manual . SEEN, University of Gdańsk, Gdańsk.
Chernetsov N. 1999. Timing of spring migration, body condition, and fat score in local and passage populations of the Reed Warbler Acrocephalus scirpaceus on the Courish Spit . Avian Ecol. Behav. 2: 75-88.
Dolnik V.R. 1975. [ Migratory disposition in birds .] Nauka, Moscow. (In Russian).
Franson T., Jakobsson S. 1998. Fat storage in male Willow Warblers in spring: Do residence arrive lean or fat ? Auk 115: 759
The aim of the study was a hydromorphological valorisation of the river valley in the Roztocze region using the British method - River Habitat Survey (RHS). As a result of field research two numerical indicators HMS (Habitat Modification Score) and HQA (Habitat Quality Assessment) were identified and purity water classes were defined. The river did not fulfil the requirements of the Water Framework Directive, because its state was defined as poor and moderate. On the base of physical and chemical parameters, in the majority of water studied the watercourses were classified to the first class of purity. Only in one segment waters were below the first class, or even out of class.
In this paper, we present the results and analyse of tree height measurements, phenological observations (bud flushing), oak powdery mildew symptoms and multiple shoots of pedunculate oaks Quercus robur L. at the age of 12 years. The examined oaks belonged to 29 open pollination families. Family as well as individual heritability scored very highly for their respective indices. The calculated indices were 0.83 for tree height, 0.98 for flushing of buds, 0.53 for oak powdery mildew symptoms and 0.58 for the multi-stem index. Family seed orchards established using a completely randomized design are not a reliable substitute for progeny testing, because of the commonly small number of collected families.
The “Land of the Valleys” lying in the area of the Lutowiska district in the Western Bieszczady Mts. is undergoing unwelcome succession-related changes, such as for example the extinction of valuable plant species or even whole plant associations, and the disappearance of the mosaic pattern of biocoenoses. It is therefore necessary to conduct investigations aimed at assessing the natural values of this region.
The natural assets of the Lutowiska district, where the three raised peat bogs under study (Wołosate, Litmirz and Tarnawa) are situated, were assessed using the Oświt  method for the natural valuation of wetlands and associated landscapes. The method involves awarding points to three groups of indicators: (i) the scope and forms of nature conservation; (ii) general natural values; and (iii) the richness of wetland biotopes, plant communities and flora [Oświt and Dembek 1995]. Altogether, the district scored 60.7 valuation points (with 9 points for relief richness included), which allows classifying it as an area with very high natural values (class VIII on a scale of I-X).
the BMWP score, Transylvanian Review of Systematical and Ecological Research , 14, 177-188.
23. Staicu G., Bănăduc D. and Găldean N., 1998 – The structure of some benthic macroinvertebrates and fishes communities in the Vişeu Watershed, Maramureş, Romania, Travaux du Museum National d Histoire naturelle Grogore Antipa , Bucureşti, XL, 587-608.
24. Ter Braak C. J. F. 986 – Canonical correspondence analysis: a new eigenvector technique for multivariate direct gradient analysis, Ecology , 67, 5, 1167-1179.
25. Ter Braak C. J. F. and Šmilauer P
României, Ed. Didactică şi Pedagogică, Bucureşti. (in Romanian)
21. Sedeño-Díaz J. E., Kohlmnan B. and López-López E., 2012 - Benthic macroinvertebrates as indicators of water quality in streams of Costa Rica: using an adaptation of the BMWP score, Transylvanian Review of Systematical and Ecological Research, The Wetlands Diversity, Curtean-Bănăduc et al. (eds), 14, 163-175.
22. Varnosfaderany M. N., Ebrahimi E., Mirghaffry N. and Safyanian A., 2010 - Assessment of the Zayandeh Rud River, Iran, using benthic macroinvertebrates