Sakunee Khankham, Leena Chularojanamontri, Chanisada Wongpraparut, Narumol Silpa-archa, Nuttaporn Janyong and Prin Vathesatogkit
Coronary artery disease (CAD) has become an important cause of death and comorbid disease among the general population. Several assessment tools have been developed to predict the 10-year risk of developing CAD and coronary death. The Framingham Risk Score (FRS), which was developed in 1998, is probably the most well-known [ 1 ]. The FRS is validated in the U.S. population and performs well when applied to other populations with a similarly high background risk of CAD. However, application of the FRS overestimated the risk of CAD in cohorts in Europe, Asia, and
incontinence in women. Urology. 2003; 62:16-23.
4. Lapitan MC, Chye PLH. Asian-Pacific Continence Advisory Board. The epidemiology of overactive bladder among females in Asia: a questionnaire survey. Int Urogynaecol J. 2001;12:226-231.
5. Alhasso AA, Mckinlay J, Patrick K, Stewart L. Anticholinergic drugs versus non-drug active therapies for overactive bladder syndrome in adult (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Review. 2009, Issue 1.
6. Lin YT, Chou EC. Assessment of overactive bladder (OAB) symptom scores. Incont
Zeynep Tartan, Hakan Ekmekci, zlem Balci Ekmekci, Huriye Balci, Hulya Kasikcioglu, Nihat Ozer, Aleks Degirmencioglu, Emre Akkaya, Ender Ozal and Nese Cam
GG. A more meaningful scoring system for determining the severity of coronary heart disease. Am J Cardiol. 1983; 51:606.
12. Oishi Y, Wakatsuki T, Nishikado A, Oki T, Ito S. Circulating adhesion molecules and severity of coronary atherosclerosis. Coron Artery Dis. 2000; 11: 77-81.
13. Qin QP, Wittfooth S, Pettersson K. Measurement and clinical significance of circulating PAPP-A in ACS patients. Clin Chim Acta. 2007; 380:59-67.
14. Lund J, Qin QP, Ilva T, Nikus K, Eskola M, Porela P, et al. Pregnancy-associated plasma
Bangon Pinkaew, Paraya Assanasen and Chaweewan Bunnag
blindfolded with a hygienic face mask to prevent visual detection of the substances. Participants were allowed to sniff each bottle only once to save time. Three bottles were then presented to each nostril in a fixed randomized order with a total of 16 trials. If participants answered correctly, bottles containing odorous or odorless substances in triplicate for each trial were used and one score was given. Smell discrimination scores of each nostril ranged from 0 to 16.
Smell identification test
The smell identification or odorant naming test (SIT) was conducted
. Botta F, Giannini E, Romagnoli P, Fasoli A, Malfatti F, Chiarbonello B, et al. MELD scoring system is useful for predicting prognosis in patients with liver cirrhosis and is correlated with residual liver function: a European study. Gut. 2003; 52:134-9.
5. Kamath PS, Wiesner RH, Malinchoc M, Kremers W, Therneau TM, Kosberg CL, et al. A model to predict survival in patients with end-stage liver disease. Hepatology. 2001; 33:464-70.
6. Hamm B, Staks T, Muhler A, Bollow M, Taupitz M, Frenzel T, et al. Phase I clinical evaluation of Gd- EOB
Angel M. Dzhambov, Karamfil M. Bahchevanov, Kostadin A. Chompalov and Penka A. Atanassova
2019;16(10):pii: E1790. doi: 10.3390/ijerph16101790
23. Chandler MJ, Lacritz LH, Hynan LS, Barnard HD, Allen G, Deschner M, Weiner MF, Cullum CM. A total score for the CERAD neuropsychological battery. Neurology 2005;65:102–6. doi: 10.1212/01.wnl.0000167607.63000.38
24. Nasreddine ZS, Phillips NA, Bédirian V, Charbonneau S, Whitehead V, Collin I, Cummings JL, Chertkow H. The Montreal Cognitive Assessment, MoCA: a brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment. J Am Geriatr Soc 2005;53:695–9. doi: 10.1111/j.1532-5415.2005.53221.x
25. Larner AJ
complications than those without liver fibrosis [ 7 ]. Liver biopsy is a criterion standard by which to diagnose the severity of liver fibrosis, but it has several limitations for clinical practice including the expense and the invasive nature of the procedure, which is associated with a number of complications [ 8 ].
Patients with NASH showed progression of fibrosis in about 5%-32% during a 4.3-to-6 year follow-up period [ 9 , 10 , 11 ]. Several simple noninvasive scoring systems for assessment of liver fibrosis have been proposed for use in general clinical practice
Brigitte Holzinger, Lucille Mayer, Katharina Levec, Melissa-Marie Munzinger and Gerhard Klösch
Sleep coaching by Holzinger & Klösch™ is a new, Gestalt therapy-based holistic approach to non-pharmacological treatment of non-restorative sleep. It includes psychotherapeutic aspects which enable participants to improve their sleep quality by developing their own coping strategies as a daily routine. Dream work and relaxation techniques are also part of the programme. The aim of this study was to measure the effectiveness of a two-day sleep coaching seminar on sleep quality, daytime sleepiness, and work and life quality in shift workers employed in an Austrian railway company (Österreichische Bundesbahnen, ÖBB). Thirty shift workers (28 male; mean age=24±45.90, age range 24–56 years) answered the same survey before and six months after the seminar (baseline and follow-up) containing items of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI) and the Epworth Sleepiness Scale (ESS), their chronotype, personality factors, and burnout risk factors. The baseline findings in this group were compared with those of non-completers (who did not take the follow-up survey) (N=154) to see if the two groups differed significantly enough to create a bias among completers (who took the follow-up survey as well). Groups differed significantly in burnout levels as well as sleep duration, but not in the distribution of critical PSQI and ESS values. The two-day sleep coaching seminar resulted in a significant improvement in total PSQI score and subjective sleep quality and in a significant reduction in diurnal fatigue, sleep latency, and daytime sleepiness. Nevertheless, more research with a larger sample and a longitudinal design is needed to establish the long-term effects of sleep coaching.
S Zeybek, E Tepeli, GO Cetin, V Caner, H Senol, B Yildirim and G Bagci
the outlier values and the asterisks (*) indicate extreme values.
Immunohistochemistry analysis showed that the PTX3 protein expression was widely distributed in the villous and extravillous cytotrophoblast, and also in the stromal and endothelial cells. Similar tissue distribution was observed in both URPL patients and control subjects. The PTX3 protein expression was scored as 1 in four, 2 in 10, 3 in 16 and 4 in 20 URPL patients, whereas the same scores of 1, 2, 3 and 4 were assigned to 28, 13, seven and two control subjects, respectively. Figure 3(a) to
P Bulajic, N Bidzic, V Djordjevic, Μ Ceranic, D Βasaric, V Pesic and J Djordjevic-Pesic
biology [ 13 , 16 ] and expected survival than metachronous, particularly in late metachronous metastases [ 2 ].
It is of great importance to identify patients at-risk of recurrence and the patients who will receive a benefit from neoadjuvant therapy. Earlier clinical and pathological risk scores are used to estimate prognosis after surgery and to evaluate eligibility for surgery [ 4 ]. In the era of modern systemic chemotherapy regimens, these risk scores have low efficiency in clinical decision-making [ 18 , 19 ].
Colorectal cancer is a heterogeneous disease