Cătălina Iamandi-Cioinaru, Bogdan Corad, Monica Marin, Andreea Trocea, Anca Colda, Emilia Rusu and Gabriela Radulian
analysis of prevalence and incidence of diabetes mellitus in Romania. Rom J Diabetes Nutr Metab Dis 20: 135-139, 2013.
5. Koopmanschap M. Coping with Type II diabetes: the patient’s perspective. Diabetologia 45: S18–S22, 2002.
6. Testa MA, Simonson DC. Assessment ofquality-oflife outcomes. N Engl J Med 334: 835–840, 1996.
7. Harris J, McGee A, Andrews F, D’Souza J, Sproston K. The national survey of people with diabetes. The HealthCare Commission 2007. http://www.nhssurveys.org/Filestore/documents/Diabetes_key_findings_rpt.pdf
Paria Dehesh, Tania Dehesh and Mohammad Hossein Gozashti
1.American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care for patients with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 23: S32, 2000
2. Esteghamati A, Gouya MM, Abbasi M et al. Prevalence of diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in the adult population of Iran: the national survey of risk factors for non-communicable diseases of Iran. Diabetes Care 31(1): 96-8, 2008
3. Nyanzi R, Wamala R, Atuhaire LK. Diabetes and qualityoflife: a Ugandan perspective. J Diabetes Res 2014: p402012, 2014
4. Al Hayek AA, Robert AA, Al Saed A
Farzaneh Momeniarbat, Javad Karimi, Nosrolah Erfani and Javad Kiani
control associated with diabetes‐specific QOL and health status in screen‐detected type 2 diabetes patients? Four‐year follow up of the addition‐Cambridge cohort. Diabet Metab Res Rev 31: 69-75, 2015.
8. Low LL, Tong SF, Low WY. Mixed feelings about the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a consequence of adjusting to health related qualityoflife. Coll Antropol 38: 11-20, 2014.
9. Fritschi C, Quinn L.Fatigue in patients with diabetes: a review. J Psychosom Res 69: 33-41, 2010.
10. Rosenthal TC, Majeroni BA, Pretorius
intervention using interaction approach on behavior change, hemoglobin Alc and health - related qualityoflife in diabetic patients. J Sch Public Health Inst Public Health Res 3: 1-2, 2005.
7. Javanbakht M, Abolhasani F, Mashayekhi A, Baradaran HR, Jahangiri noudeh Y. Health Related QualityofLife in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Iran: A National Survey. PLoS ONE 7(8): e44526, 2012.
8. Massi-Benedetti M. The cost of Diabetes Type II in Europe. The CODE-2 study. Diabetologia 45: S1-S4, 2002.
9. Gries FA, Alberti KG
1. Rickert KA, Drotar D. Adherence to medical treatment in pediatric chronic illness: critical issues and answered questions. In: Promoting Adherence to Medical Treatment in Chronic Childhood Illness . Mahwah, NJ, Lawrence Erlbaum (Eds.), p. 3–33, 2000.
2. Varni JW, Seid M, Kurtin PS. Pediatric health-related qualityoflife measurement technology: a guide for health care decision makers. J Clin Outcomes Manag 6: 33–40, 1999.
3. Ingersoll GM, Marrero DG . A modified quality-of-life measure for youths: psychometric properties
Deepika Sharma, Jaspreet Kaur, Monika Rani, Arpit Bansal, Manoj Malik and Sivachidambaram Kulandaivelan
printed in France, pg no 21-30, 2016.
11. Correa K, Gouvea GR, Viera da Silva MA et al. Qualityoflife and characteristics of diabetic patients; Ciencia & Saude Coletiva, 22(3):921-930, 2017.
12. Fontela PC, Winkelmann ER, Pretto LM, Berlezi EM. sleep respiratory disorders and clinical profile in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus; Int Arch
Otorhinolaryngol; 19 1): 67-73, 2015.
13. Lee JA, Sunwoo S, Kim YS et al. The effect of sleep quality on the development of type 2 diabetes in primary care patients
Dana Sonia Oieru, Amorin Remus Popa and Ionuţ Vlad
neurocognitive et comportementale. Publibook, Paris, pp. 23-201, 2006.
9. Leedom LJ, Meehan WP, Zeidler A. Avoidance responding in mice with diabetes mellitus. Physiol Behav 40: 447-451, 1987.
10. Pawaskar MD, Anderson RT, Balkrishnan R. Self-reported predictors of depressive symptomatology in an elderly population with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a prospective cohort study. Health Qual Life Outcomes 5: 50, 2007.
11. D'Zurilla TJ, Goldfried MR. Problem solving and behavior modification. J Abnorm Psychol 78: 107-126, 1971
Alfredo Briones-Aranda, Manuela Castellanos-Pérez and Raquel Gómez-Pliego
22. Joseph JJ, Golden SH. Cortisol dysregulation: the bidirectional link between stress, depression, and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Ann N Y Acad Sci 1391: 20-34, 2017.
23. Saleh F, Mumu SJ, Ara F, Hafez MA, Ali L. Non-adherence to self-care practices and medication and health related qualityoflife among patients with type 2 diabetes: a cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health 14: 431, 2014.
24. Ciechanowski PS, Katon WJ, Russo JE. Depression and diabetes: impact of depressive symptoms on adherence, function, and costs. Arch Intern Med
, occupational therapy, and symptom management including rehabilitation.
The above article emphasizes on the physician’s awareness of PICS in the patients surviving a critical illness and the irresponsibility towards the patients beyond saving their lives. The extra effort, time and care by forming a multidisciplinary management plan can improve the long-term functioning capacity and qualityoflifeof the ICU survivors and also their families.
Conflicts of Interest None declared
1 Needham DM, Davidson J, Cohen H, Hopkins RO