, occupational therapy, and symptom management including rehabilitation.
The above article emphasizes on the physician’s awareness of PICS in the patients surviving a critical illness and the irresponsibility towards the patients beyond saving their lives. The extra effort, time and care by forming a multidisciplinary management plan can improve the long-term functioning capacity and qualityoflifeof the ICU survivors and also their families.
Conflicts of Interest None declared
1 Needham DM, Davidson J, Cohen H, Hopkins RO
Alexis Valenzuela Espinoza, Robbert-Jan Van Hooff, Ann De Smedt, Maarten Moens, Laetitia Yperzeele, Koenraad Nieboer, Ives Hubloue, Jacques De Keyser, Alain Dupont, Liesbet De Wit, Koen Putman and Raf Brouns
of handicap in stroke patients. Stroke 1988;19:604-7.
23. Mahoney FI, Barthel DW. Functional Evaluation: The Barthel Index. Md State Med J 1965;14:61-5.
24. EuroQol Group. EuroQol--a new facility for the measurement of health-related qualityoflife. Health Policy 1990;16:199-208.
25. Bonsignore M, Barkow K, Jessen F, Heun R. Validity of the five-item WHO Well-Being Index (WHO-5) in an elderly population. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 2001;251 Suppl 2:II27-31.
26. Kiekens C, Van Rie K, Leys M, Cleemput I, Smet M, Kesteloot K, et al. [Organisation and
1. Wang M, Liu Y. Research on the cost control of clinical nutritional therapy and relevant policies. Chin J Med Guide 2007;9:517-20.
2. Lochs II, Pirhanl C, AIlison SP. Evidence supports nutritional support. Clin Nutr 2006;25:177-9.
3. Jie B, Jiang ZM. Impact of parenteral and enteral nutrition support on the outcome of patients with nutrition risk. Chin J Clin Appl, 2009;17:127-8.
4. Dvir D, Cohen J, Singer P. Computerized energy balance and complications in critically ill patients
1. World Health Organization. World Health Statistics 2008 [EB/OL]. Available at: http://www.who.int/whosis/whostat/EN_WHS08_Full.pdf. Access on March 23, 2015.
2. Fahy JV, Dickey BF. Airway mucus function and dysfunction. N Engl J Med 2010; 363: 2233-47.
3. Guo W, Zhang J. Study and clinical treatment of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease of airway mucus hypersecretion. Chin J Pract Intern Med 2007; 27: 1390-4.
4. Sherman CB, Xu X, Speizer FE, Ferris BG Jr, Weiss ST
process, the measures should be assessed to consider the extent to which their incentivization would constitute an efficient use of public funds and provide value for money. Cost–effectiveness analysis is one such approach, involving the calculation of costs per quality adjusted life year (QALY). Services with a lower cost per QALY can be considered cost-effective and those with a higher cost per QALY may not be considered cost-effective. This approach is attractive as it allows all measures to be assessed using the same metric, an incremental cost– effectiveness ration
Muhammad Ali Khalid, Jawaid Iqbal, Hassan Liaquat Memon, Farina M. Hanif, Muhammad Osama Tariq Butt, Nasir Hassan Luck and Zain Majid
hemodialysis patients when compared to the general population.[ 2 ] Despite its wide prevalence (48–70%), dyspepsia amongst hemodialysis patients has not been thoroughly investigated. Local or systemic circulatory insufficiency, hypergastrinemia and higher levels of ammonia and inflammation have been attributed as the causes of gastric mucosal injury in ESRD. Among the general causes of impaired qualityoflife, dyspepsia has been shown as a contributing factor.[ 3 ] Out of the various questionnaire available for its evaluation, the Leeds dyspepsia questionnaire (LDQ) has
Wa’el Tuqan, Ayoub Innabi, Alia Alawneh, Fadi Abu Farsakh and Maan Al-Khatib
shown in a prospective study done by Robson et al . to significantly reduce the severity of pruritus. [ 14 ] However, there is mixed results with regards to the effect of PTBD on the qualityoflife. PTBD is an intervention that is not free of complications. Most common complication following the biliary drainage is drain dislodgement and the need for re-intervention. Other possible complications include pain, biliary leakage around puncture site, hemorrhage, perforation, infections and stent migration. [ 8 , 9 , 15 , 16 ] Therefore, it is really important to
-small cell lung cancer on bevacizumab therapy: Case report and review of the literature. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi 2013;16:325-9.
7. Ahbeddou N, Fetohi M, Boutayeb S, Errihani H. Which non-smallcell lung cancer patients achieve long-term survival?. Indian J Cancer 2011;48:514-5.
8. Sarna L, Padilla G, Holmes C, Tashkin D, Brecht ML, Evangelista L. Qualityoflifeof long-term survivors of non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 2002;20:2920-9.
9. Julien S, Jacoulet P, Dubiez A, Westeel V, Depierre A. Non-small cell lung cancer