Claudia Floriana Suciu, Andreea Varga, Corneliu Florin Buicu and Ioan Tilea
pentoxifylline administration. Am J Nephrol. 2006;26(6):562–70.
4. Fogo AB. Mechanisms of progression of chronic kidney disease. Pediatr Nephrol. 2007;22(12):2011–22.
5. Snaedal S, Heimbürger O, Qureshi AR, et al. Comorbidity and acute clinical events as determinants of C-reactive protein variation in hemodialysis patients: implications for patient survival. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009;53(6):1024-33.
6. Turkmen K, Guney I, Yerlikaya FH, Tonbul HZ. The relationship between neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio and inflammation in end-stage renal disease patients. Ren Fail
Stoyanka Tancheva, Stefka V. Valcheva-Kuzmanova, Radko Zl. Radev, Miroslav D. Marinov, Borislav Boychev, Temenuga Stoeva, Svetlozara K. Boyadjieva and Kiril Sv. Nenov
1. Yagmurlu A, Boleken ME, Ertoy D, et al. Preventive effect of pentoxifylline on renal scarring in rat model of pyelonephritis. Urology 2003;61(5):1037-41.
2. Li ML, Liang B, Tang JW, et. al. Pharmacodynamic study of Relinqing granules on bacterial pyelonephritis model in rats. Zhongguo Zhongyao Zazhi 2006;31(2):153-5.
3. Emamghorashi F, Owji SM, Kohanteb J, et al. Every other day gentamicin injection in experimental pyelonephritis in rats: risk of scar formation. Iran J Med Sci 2007
Eliza Russu, Adrian Vasile Mureșan, Bogdan Andrei Cordoș, Constantin Copotoiu and Ovidiu Simion Cotoi
by different graft materials In Vitro are affected by pentoxifylline and iloprost. J Biomed Master Res. 1997;36:400.
7. Raiter A, Bechor Z, Kleiman M, et al. Angiogenic peptides improve blood flow and promote capillary growth in a diabetic and ischaemic mouse model. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2010;40(3):381-388.
8. Alobaid N, Salacinski HJ, Sales KM, et al. Nanocomposites containing bioactive peptides promote endothelialisation by circulating progenitor cells: An In Vitro evaluation. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006
Raina G. Ardasheva, Mariana D. Argirova, Valentin I. Turiiski and Athanas D. Krustev
10. Eğin S, Açıksarı K, Ercan G, et al. Effects of pentoxifylline on oxidative stress in rats with abdominal compartment syndrome model. Int J Surg Open 2016;5:5-10.
11. Bloomfield GL, Ridings PC, Blocher CR, et al. A proposed relationship between increased intraabdominal, intrathoracic, and intracranial pressure. Crit Care Med 1997;25(3):496-503.
12. Kovacheva N, Ardasheva RG, Marchev V, et al. Experimental model of abdominal compartment syndrome. International Turkish Medical Student Congress (IMESCON), 6-8 May 2011, Samsun
Răzvan A. Ciocan, Sorana D. Bolboacă, Şerban Rădulescu, Bogdan Stancu, Andra Ciocan and Claudia D. Gherman
critical limb ischemia? J Vasc Surg 2003;37:704-8.
24. Norwegian Pentoxifyllin Multicenter Trial Group. Efficacy and clinical tolerance of parenteral pentoxifylline. Int Angiol 1996;15:75-80.
25. Brock FE, Abri O, Baitsch G, et al. [Iloprost in the treatment of ischemic tissue lesions in diabetics. Results of a placebo-controlled multicenter study with a stable prostacyclin derivative.] Schweiz Med Wochenschr 1990;120:1477-82 [German].
26. Brass EP, Anthony R, Dormandy J, et al. Parenteral therapy with lipo-ecraprost, a
Liliya V. Vasileva, Kremena Е. Saracheva, Mariya V. Ivanovska, Atanaska P. Petrova, Emir Sucouglu, Mariana A. Murdjeva and Damyanka P. Getova-Spasova
chronic mild stress protocol introduces a combined model of depression in rats: Reversibility by imipramine and pentoxifylline. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2014;126:152-62.
13. Konsman JP, Veeneman J, Combe C, et al. Central nervous action of interleukin-1 mediates activation of limbic structures and behavioural depression in response to peripheral administration of bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Eur J Neurosci 2008;28(12):2499-510.
14. Mattioli L, Funari C, Perfumi M. Effects of Rhodiola rosea L. extract on behavioural and physiological
Ebru Emekli-Alturfan, G⃞l⃞en ⃞zdemira, Esra Sağlam, Emine Nur ⃞zdamar, ⃞zer ⃞ehirli and G⃞ksel ⃞enerc
. Therapeutic effect of captopril, pentoxifylline, and cordyceps sinensis in pre-hepatic portal hypertensive rats. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2012; 18:182-7.
38. Ha H, Kim KH. Amelioration of diabetic microalbuminuria and lipid peroxidation by captopril.Yonsei Med J. 1992; 33:217-23.
39. Rodrigues de Araujo G, Granato de Faria K, Lima WG, Padua BD, Rossoni JV, Souza AA, et al. Effect of captopril and the bradykinin-PKC pathway on ROS production in type 1 diabetic rats. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011; 89:923-33.
40. Jolly SR, Kane WJ
present. However, their benefit for cardiovascular disease, which is prevalent in NAFLD populations, should not be overlooked [ 68 ].
The recommended treatments according to the 2018 AASLD guidelines are weight reduction, vitamin E, and pioglitazone in non-diabetic adults with biopsy-proven NASH [ 1 ]. Despite the established recommendation, there are several ongoing investigations of other drugs such as glucagon-like peptide 1 agonists, statins, pentoxifylline, and obeticholic acid [ 36 , 69 ]. One of the key confounders of the included studies is the lack of