Rada M. Grubovic, Emilija Velkova, Primoz Rozman and Henk W. Reesink
1. WHO: Blood Transfusion Safety. http://www.who.int/bloodsafety/en/
2. Directive 2002/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 January 2003 setting standards of quality and safety for the collection, testing, processing, storage and distribution of human blood and blood components and amending Directive 2001/83/EC. [Official Journal of EuropeanUnion, L33 of 08/02/2003]
3. Commission Directive 2005/62/EC of 30 September 2005 implementing Directive 2002/98/EC of the European
Jolita Badarienė, Lina Matuliauskaitė, Robertas Badaras and Birutė Petrauskienė
 European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction. European Drug Report 2018: Trends and Developments. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the EuropeanUnion, 2019.
 EMCDDA. Emergency health consequences of cocaine use in Europe. A review of the monitoring of drug-related acute emergencies in 30 European countries, Technical report, Lisbon: European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction; 2014.
 Volkow ND. National Institute on Drug Abuse. Cocaine: Abuse and Addiction; Washington, DC: US Department of Health and
Florin Mihălțan, Ruxandra Ulmeanu and Beatrice Mahler
early diagnostics in Romania supported by the National Program for the Supervision and Fight against Tuberculosis (PNPSCT) and is coordinated by the “Marius Nasta” Pneumoftiziology Institute in order to ensure the early, active detection of TB patients. This part of the project was welcomed in the context that TB is a major public health problem in Romania, with the highest incidence of disease among all countries of the EuropeanUnion ( 1 ).
Of course, if we make a short history of the problems faced by pneumologists in the years after 1989 in the country and in
Cristina Călărașu, Mimi Niţu, Mădălina Olteanu, Andreea Loredana Golli, Florentina Dumitrescu and Mihai Olteanu
pathogens. According to WHO data, the risk of developing active TB is about 20–37 times higher among PLH especially in endemic countries compared to a 10% risk in HIV-negative people. Still, one-quarter of the estimated 2 million HIV-related deaths worldwide in 2008 were because of TB infections. TB is also the leading cause of death for PLH in low- and middle-income countries ( 4 ).
Today, the value of the global incidence (new cases and relapses) of TB in our country is the highest in the EuropeanUnion and one of the highest in the WHO European Region (fifth place
Sanja Ledinski Ficko, Vlatko Pejsa and Vesna Zadnik
Oncol 1998; 16: 1188-96. doi: 10.1200/JCO.19126.96.36.1998 10.1200/JCO.19188.8.131.528 9508207
Hjermstad MJ Fayers PM Bjordal K Kaasa S Health related quality of life in the general Norwegian population assessed by the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer Core Quality –of-Life Questionnaire: The QLQ=C30 (+3) J Clin Oncol 1998 16 1188 96 10.1200/JCO.19184.108.40.2068
26 Ministry of Regional Development and EuropeanUnion Funds. Development index . [cited 2018 Jun 21]. Available at: https
protection in healthcare facilities.
Point Prevalence Survey of Healthcare-Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Use in European Acute Care Hospitals, Pilot Protocol 3.3 - Codebook, ECDC, June 2010.
IPSE, Improving Patient Safety in Europe, IPSE Annual Report 2005. Available on Internet: http://helics.univ-lyon1.fr/deliverables/IPSE_Annual_Report_2005_25oct06.pdf
Point Prevalence Survey of Healthcare-Associated Infections and Antimicrobial Use in European Acute Care Hospitals, Pilot Protocol
E Malobicka, D Roskova, V Svihrova and H. Hudeckova
1. Vyhláška MZ SR č. 553 / 2007 Z.z. ktorou sa ustanovujú podrobnosti o požiadavkách na prevádzku zdravotníckych zariadení z hľadiska ochrany zdravia.
2. Ducel, G.,Fabry, J., Nicolle, L. Prevention of hospital-acquired infections. A practical guide. 2 vyd. WHO, 2002. 64 s. [online ]. [cit. 2011-09-10]. Dostupné na internete: http://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/drugresist/whocdscsreph200212.pdf
3. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Point prevalence survey of
Igor Spiroski, Dragan Gjorgjev, Jasna Milosevic, Vladimir Kendrovski, Daniela Naunova-Spiroska and Dominique Barjolle
11. European Parliament and the Council of the EuropeanUnion.Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 on nutrition and health claims made on foods. Brussels: Official Journal of the EuropeanUnion L 12, 2007.
12. Verhagen H, Vos E, Francl S, Heinonen M, van Loveren H.Status of nutrition and health claims in Europe. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010; 501(1):6-15.
13. Christidis N, Tsoulfa G, Varagunam M, Babatzimopoulou M. A cross sectional study of consumer