://www.eurordis.org/content/europlan-guidance-national-plans-andconferences). Accessed April 20 2013.
EURORDIS. EURORDIS Rare Diseases Europe: The voice of of Rare Disease Patients in Europe [online]. EuropeanUnion's Health Programme, 2009, 10/01/2013. (http://www.eurordis.org/). Accessed April 20 2013.
Aymé S. and Rodwell Ch. The EuropeanUnion Committee of Experts on Rare Diseases: Three Productive Years at the Service of the Rare Disease Community. Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases 2014 9:30
Gliklich RE, Dreyer NA, et al. Registries for Evaluating Patient Outcomes: A User’s Guide. 2nd ed. (AHRQ, September 2010)).
Registries under NCHI. [online] Bratislava, National Centre of Health Information [last access verified 20/2/2013]. Accessible at: http
Among the basic rights and freedoms, stipulated in the Constitution of the Slovak Republic, are right to protection of health, free medical care based on health insurance, right to medical aids under conditions stipulated by law. These rights are guaranteed through provisions of Art. 40 of the Constitution of the Slovak Republic as part of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights and they apply to every individual. Since these rights are considered to be human rights under the international law, they are guaranteed by multilateral treaties in which Slovak Republic is a signatory, such as International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
Legal regulation of operating pharmacies in the Slovak Republic covers a broad scope of issues and is quite extensive. Through concerted legislative effort, the legislator had tried to set rules that would make the legal environment in this sector more transparent and easier to navigate through. In some areas, the rules were set by the legislature of the European Union (EU) and the Slovak legislature only adapted them. The most important aspect of legal regulation in this sphere that is not completely regulated by the EU legislature is providing pharmaceutical care and usage of the public health insurance system with regard to providing pharmaceutical care.
The main aim of this study is to point out select issues that are associated with the position of a pharmacy operator and obligations stipulated in the Medicines Act 2011 that must be observed and incorporated into the running of a pharmacy. This area of business is fairly strictly regulated and therefore it is necessary to get acquainted with the relevant legislation. The study addresses several issues regulated by the Medicines Act 2011 or the Appropriate Pharmaceutical Practice Regulation 2012 from the legal-theoretical perspective.
products for paediatric use and amending Regulation (EEC) No 1768/92, Directive 2001/20/EC, Directive 2001/83/EC and Regulation (EC) No 726/2004. Official Journal of the EuropeanUnion 49. Available at: http://eurlex.europa.eu/
Report on survey of all paediatric uses of medicinal products in Europe. EMA/794083/2009, 2011:1-37.
T Jong GW, Vulto AG, De Hoog M, Schimmel KJM, Tibboel D, Van Den Anker J. A survey of the use of off-label and unlicensed drugs in a Dutch children's hospital. Paediatrics. 2001;108:1089-1093.
T. Peráček, F. Vojtech, M. Srebalová, B. Pekár, B. Mikušová-Meričková and M. Horvat
 Mrva M et al. Legisvakancia v právnom poriadku Slovenskej republiky. Bratislava, Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave; 2009
 Mucha B et al. Podnikateľské prostredie na Slovensku so zameraním na malé a stredné podniky. Paper presented at: 9. Mezinárodní vědecká konference dotorandů a mladých vědeckých pracovníků; November 10, 2016; Opava, ČR
 Nováčková D, Milošovičová P. Medzinárodné ekonomické právo. Bratislava, Eurounion; 2011
 Peráček T et al. Free movement of goods (pharmaceuticals) in the EuropeanUnion versus protection of health of
Michael Bergin, Ian Norman, Michelle Foley, Richard Harris, Anna Rapca, Eileen Rich and Marie-Claire Van Hout
. Casati, R. Sedefov and T. Pfeiffer-Gerschel, Misuse of medicines in the EuropeanUnion: A systematic review of the literature, Eur. Addict. Res. 18 (2012) 228-245; DOI: 10.1159/000337028.
8. K. H. Wang, W. Becker and D. A. Fiellin, Prevalence and correlates for nonmedical use of prescription opioids among urban and rural residents, Drug Alc. Depend. 127 (2013) 156-162; DOI: 10.1016/j. drugalcdep.2012.06.027.
9. M. C. Van Hout, Kitchen chemistry: A scoping review of the diversionary use of pharmaceuticals for non-medicinal use and home
, Utilizing in vitro and PBPK tools to link ADME characteristics to plasma profiles: Case example nifedipine immediate release formulation, J. Pharm. Sci. 102 (2013) 3205-3219; DOI: 10.1002/jps.23611.
14. B. S. Schug, E. Brendel, D. Wolf, M. Wonnemann, M. Wargenau and H. H. Blume, Formulationdependent food effects demonstrated for nifedipine modified-release preparations marketed in the EuropeanUnion, Eur. J. Pharm. Sci. 15 (2002) 279-285; DOI: 10.1016/S0928-0987(02)00008-8.
15. M. Wonnemann, B. Schug, K. Schmücker, E. Brendel, P. A. van
1. Internet Word Stats. Usage and Population Statistics [Internet]. Scotland: Miniwatt Marketing Group; 2018 Feb. Available from: http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats.htm
2. Statistical office of the EuropeanUnion. Internet access and use statistics – households and individuals[Internet]. Luxembourg: Eurostat; 2018 Feb. Available from: http://www.ec.europa.eu/eurostat
3. Baumann E, Czerwinski F, Reifegerste D. Gender-Specific Determinants and Patterns of Online Health Information Seeking: Results From a Representative German