1. Commission of the European Communities (CEC). Commission staff working on the implementation of the “Community Strategy for Endocrine Disrupters” - a range of substances suspected of interfering with the hormone systems of humans and wildlife (COM (1999) 706), (COM (2001) 262) and (SEC (2004) 1372), Brussels 2007. [displayed 4 November 2010]. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/environment/chemicals/endocrine/pdf/sec_2007_1635.pdf
2. Damstra T, Barlow S, Bergman A, Kavlock R, Van Der Kraak G, editors. Global Assessment of the State
1. Directive 2002/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the council of 10 June 2002 on the approximation of the laws of the Member States relating to food supplements [displayed 15 February 2015]. Available at http://faolex.fao.org/docs/pdf/eur37787.pdf
2. Pravilnik o dodacima prehrani [Ordinance of Food Supplements, in Croatian]. Narodne novine 126/2013.
3. Commission Regulation (EC) No 1170/2009 of 30 November 2009 amending Directive 2002/46/EC of the European Parliament and of Council and
Inmaculada Sierra, Carolina Hernández, Paula Albendea and Maria Antonia López
Radionuclides. Radiation Protection Nº 188. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the EuropeanUnion; 2018.
7. Robredo LM, Navarro T, Sierra I. Indirect monitoring of internal exposure in the decommissioning of a nuclear power plant in Spain. Appl Radiat Isot 2000;53:345–50. doi: 10.1016/S0969-8043(00)00151-2
8. Robredo LM, Serrano J, Sierra I, Navarro T. Técnicas de medida de uranio en muestras de orina. Aplicación en dosimetría interna de uranio natural y empobrecido [Uranium measurement techniques in urine samples. Application in internal dosimetry of natural and
Marija Delaš Aždajić, Ivančica Delaš, Stjepan Aždajić, Danijela Štimac Grbić and Nada Vahčić
. Sodium content and the most important dietary sources of sodium in a sample of student population. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 2017;68(Suppl 1):22–9.
22. Lazić V. Salt content in white bread in the Republic of Srpska. Scr Med 2017;48:24–9. doi: 10.18575/msrs.sm.s.17.04
23. TNS Opinion & Social. Special Eurobarometer 329/Wave 72.3 Health Determinants [displayed 20 August 2018]. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/commfrontoffice/publicopinion/archives/ebs/ebs_329_sum_en.pdf
24. The Council of the EuropeanUnion. Action to reduce population salt intake for
Angel M. Dzhambov, Karamfil M. Bahchevanov, Kostadin A. Chompalov and Penka A. Atanassova
]. Available on http://www.plovdiv.webnoise.eu/PD16_NM_PRB1.pdf
42. Directive 2002/49/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 June 2002 relating to the assessment and management of environmental noise. Off J Eur Commun 2002;L189:12–25
43. Kephalopoulos S, Paviotti M, Anfosso-Lédée F. Common Noise Assessment Methods in Europe (CNOSSOS-EU). Luxembourg: Publications Office of the EuropeanUnion; 2012.
44. Dzhambov A, Hartig T, Markevych I, Tilov B, Dimitrova D. Urban residential greenspace and mental health in youth: Different approaches to
. Research on genetic disorders such as LPLD and ADA-SCID aim to develop treatments for these kinds of genetic diseases that have high rates of morbidity and mortality. Alipogene tiparvovec (brand name Glybera), is a gene therapy product indicated for the treatment of LPLD, which was approved for use in the EuropeanUnion on March 8, 2004 [ 1 ], and to date has only successfully treated one patient. After Glybera, Strimvelis was the second gene therapy approved by European Medicines Agency (EMEA) for the treatment of ADA-SCID [ 2 ]. It was the first instance of marketing
DS Minchev, NT Popov, SI Naimov, IN Minkov and TI Vachev
Professor I. Ivanov (Department of Pediatrics and Medical Genetics, Medical University of Plovdiv, Plovdiv, Bulgaria) for their technical insights and support of this study.
Declaration of Interest . The authors report no conflicts of interest. The authors alone are responsible for the content and writing of this article.
Funding . This project received funding from the EuropeanUnion's Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No. 739582 (Project PlantaSYST).
1 Leonard LB. Children with specific language
at: http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/ethical_guidance/14316.asp . Last access: 2016/10/27.
10. Guideline on good pharmacovigilance practices (GVP), Annex I – Definitions (Rev 3) Available at: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Scientific_guideline/2013/05/WC500143294.pdf . Last access: 2016/10/27.
11. Legal mandate, procedures – Federal Joint Committee. Available at: http://www.english.g-ba.de/legalmandate/ . Last access: 2016/10/27.
12. Lenk, C., G. Duttge. Ethical and legal framework and regulation for off-label use: European
1. Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EuropeanUnion, 2012 / C 326/02.
2. Constitution of the Republic of Bulgaria, State Gazette No. 56/13. 07.1991.
3. Law on Medical Establishments, Prom. SG. No. 62 of 9 July 1999.
4. Law on Medicinal Products in Human Medicine, Prom. SG. no. 31 of 13 April 2007.
5. Code of professional ethics of physicians in Bulgaria – issued by the Ministry of Health – Prom. SG. No. 79 of 29 September, 2000, amend. SG 85 of 28 September 2013.
Yulia Monakhova, Julien Jendral and Dirk Lachenmeier
chromatography. Anal Lett 2008;41:1674-81.
Sampaio OM, Reche RV, Franco DW. Chemical profile of rums as a function of their origin. The use of chemometric techniques for their identification. J Agric Food Chem 2008;56:1661-8.
Lachenmeier DW, Schoeberl K, Kanteres F, Kuballa T, Sohnius E-M, Rehm J. Is contaminated unrecorded alcohol a health problem in the Europeab Union? A review of existing and methodological outline for future sdudies. Addiction 2011;106(Suppl 1):20-30.
Jendral JA, Monakhova YB