Iwona Matraszek-Żuchowska, Barbara Woźniak, Katarzyna Sielska and Andrzej Posyniak
fattening purposes in livestock has been banned in the EuropeanUnion (EU) since 1988, according to Council Directives 96/22/EC and 2003/74/EC ( 7 , 8 ). The steroid esters that belong to the A3 group of banned substances should not be present in biological matrices of animal origin, just as other unauthorised substances having anabolic effect included in Annex 1 of Council Directive 96/23/EC. In line with the recommendations of the designated EuropeanUnion Reference Laboratories (EURLs) which oversee and are responsible for the testing of prohibited substances in the
Danijela Janićević-Ivanovska, Aneta Spasovska-Trajkovska, Branko Stefanovski, Slavica Subeska-Stratrova and Jasmina Jovcevska
heroin-dependent subjects. Psychiatry research 2000; 96: 221-34.
The effects of heroin on catecholamine metabolism in man. Natl Inst Drug Abuse Res Monogr Ser. 1985; 137-45.
EMCDDA. Evaluating the treatment of Drug Abuse in the EuropeanUnion. Luxemburg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 1999: 13-28.
Pissano J, Crout R, Abraham D. Determination of 3-methoxy-4-hydroxymandelic acid in urine. Clin Chim Acta 1962; 7: 277-84.
, Vitkus D, Wallinder H, Zerah S. Accreditation of medical laboratories in the EuropeanUnion. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007; 45 (2): 268-75.
Spitzenberger F, Edelhäuser R. Accreditation of Medical Laboratories in Europe: Statutory Framework, Current Situation and Perspectives. Transfus Med Hemother 2006; 33: 384-92.
, experience of a laboratory II. Clinical Biochemistry 2009; 42: 279–83.
9. Braga F, Infusino I, Panteghini M. Role and responsibilities of laboratory medicine specialists in the verification of metrological traceability of in vitro medical diagnostics. J Med Biochem 2015; 34: 282–7.
10. Theodorsson E. Quality assurance in clinical chemistry: a touch of statistics and a lot of common sense. J Med Biochem 2016; 35: 103–12.
11. Huisman W, Horvath AR, Burnett D, Blaton V et al. Accreditation of medical laboratories in the EuropeanUnion. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007
Slađana Filipović, Aleksandra Filipović, Vladimir Stojiljković, Ivana Mišić, Vrbić Svetislav, Pejčić Ivica and Zorica Stanojević
American Cancer Society. Cancer fact sand figures, 2001-2002. Atlanta, Georgia: American Cancer Society at: http://www.cancer.org
Advisory Committee on Cancer Prevention. Recomendation on cancer screening in the EuropeanUnion. European Journal of Cancer 2000; 36 : 1473-78.
Filipović S. Osnovi kliničke onkologije. Prosveta 1996; 21-27.
Sewell CW. Pathology of high risk breast leisions and ductal carcinoma in situ. Radiologic Clinics of North
, Kenny D, Mesko P, Plebani M, Queralto J, Schumann G, Sprongl L, Vitkus D, Wallinder H, Zerah S. Accreditation of medical laboratories in the EuropeanUnion. Clin Chem Lab Med 2007; 45 (2): 268-75.
Blaton V, Korita I, Bulo A. How is metabolic syndrome related to dyslipidemia? Biochemia Medica 2008; 18 (1): 14-24.
Korita I, Langlois M, Bulo A, Blaton V. Inflammation markers in patients with cardiovascular disease and metabolic syndrome. Oral communication Euromedlab Innsbruck June 2009
Harmonisation of Quality systems and Accreditation. Eur J Clin Chem Clin Biochem 1997; 35(2): 123–32.
7. European Accreditation. EA Requirements for accreditation of Flexible Scopes. EA-2/15 M:2008.
8. Regulation (EC) No 756/2008 of European Parliament and of Council. 9 July 2008. Setting out requirements for Accreditation and market surveillance relating to the marketing of products and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 339/93. Official Journal of The EuropeanUnion, 13-08-2008.
9. JCGM 100:2008. Evaluation of measurement data – Guide to the expression of
12. Machalaba, C. C., Elwood, S. E., Forcella, S., et al., 2015: Global avian influenza surveillance in wild birds: a strategy to capture viral diversity. Emerg. Infect. Dis. , 21, 4, e1—e7. DOI: 10.3201/eid2104.141415.
13. Pittman, M., Laddomada, A., Freigofas, R., Piazza, V., Brouw, A., Brown, I. H., 2007: Surveillance, prevention, and disease management of avian influenza in the EuropeanUnion. Journal of Wildlife Diseases , 43, S64—S70.
14. Samantha, J. L., Rogier, B., Anne, P., Jill, B., Bányai, K., Boni, M. F., et al., 2016: Role for
R. Hromada, I. Miňo, Ľ. Korytár, E. Holotová, M. Ondrašovič, T. Pošiváková, P. Korim and L. Takáč
pesticides in or on food and feed of plant and animal origin and amending Council Directive 91/414/EEC, L70/1.
32. Regulation (EU) No. 528/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 May 2012 concerning the making available on the market and use of biocidal products. Official Journal of the EuropeanUnion , L 167/1.
33. Ruiz-Suárez, N., Boada, L. D., Henríquez-Hernández, L. A., Almeida González, M., Calabuig, P., Estévez-López, D., et al., 2012: Presence of anticoagulant rodenticide residues in five predatory bird species of t he Canary Islands
Barbka Repič Lampret, Simona Murko, Mojca Žerjav Tanšek, Katarina Trebušak Podkrajšek, Maruša Debeljak, Andraž Šmon and Tadej Battelino
27. Burgard P, Cornel M, Filippo FD. Report on the practices of newborn screening for rare disorders implemented in Member States of the EuropeanUnion, candidate, Potential Candidate and EFTA Countries. 2012.
28. Padila CD, Therrell BL. Newborn screening in the Asia Pacific Region. J Inherit Metab Dis 2007; 30: 490-506.
29. Battelino T, Kržišnik C, Pavlin K. Early detection and follow up of children with phenylketonuria in Slovenia. Zdrav vest 1994; 63: Suppl 1: s25-8.
30. Kržišnik C, Battelino T, Bratanič N, Hojker